SAU Community

M35 Info

Brazen

Hi guys

As discussed , I have attached a copy of the emails I have had with the company in Russia that has managed to convert the language of the Xnavi GPS system. Unfortunatley we are still a way off having a solution but we do know it is possible and that this company is inderested in converting the system if there are enough people interested.

Cheers

Andy

Xnavi_Jap___Eng_conversion.doc

Ok,

guys from Moscow approached me today. They have a "demo" version ready, now they need a brave person in Perth who's got a car DVD based Xanai unit (M35 Stagea or Skyline up to 2005). This gotta be a 2-step proceess:

1) we need to determine the exact version of that unit's unit firmaware and let the guys know

2) they will porvide is with demo (partially translated) version and with original firmware, if that person decides to load the original firmware.

At this stage they are not willing to distribute the demo around the globe :D

post-23006-1202110843_thumb.jpg

post-23006-1202110854_thumb.jpg

post-23006-1202110862_thumb.jpg

Edited by And
  • Like 1

I have spent some time discussing the issue with them; they seem to be interested in providing us with not only translated firmware, but also with proper GPS solution for AU. It is too early to discuss it in details, they are still working out HOW , WHEN and WHERE they gonna do it, but at least we've got someone who is willing to get down that track (if there is enough interest coming from us).

They assured me that they are interested in providing proper solution....

I have spent some time discussing the issue with them; they seem to be interested in providing us with not only translated firmware, but also with proper GPS solution for AU. It is too early to discuss it in details, they are still working out HOW , WHEN and WHERE they gonna do it, but at least we've got someone who is willing to get down that track (if there is enough interest coming from us).

They assured me that they are interested in providing proper solution....

Yes, Definaltely interested.

I have the map disc from Chris. Do they just need to be sent to the guys in Russia?

Cheers

Andy

Yes, Definaltely interested.

I have the map disc from Chris. Do they just need to be sent to the guys in Russia?

Errr.. does not look like that. See below :

It's a pity but CD-based ones is completely another story.

We are interested to know about DVD-based units, factory installed in NISSAN's vehicles only.

VDO is not more than map supplier here - particular format of disk will depend on navi units manufacturer.

Ok,

guys from Moscow approached me today. They have a "demo" version ready, now they need a brave person in Perth who's got a car DVD based Xanai unit (M35 Stagea or Skyline up to 2005). This gotta be a 2-step proceess:

1) we need to determine the exact version of that unit's unit firmaware and let the guys know

2) they will porvide is with demo (partially translated) version and with original firmware, if that person decides to load the original firmware.

At this stage they are not willing to distribute the demo around the globe :blink:

Bugger!....why Perth? If it was Sydney you would have my unit NOW!! Come on Perth M35's we need to get the ball rolling. We don't want to loose this opportunity do we? A unit that you can use is far better than one you cannot!!!!

Bugger!....why Perth? If it was Sydney you would have my unit NOW!! Come on Perth M35's we need to get the ball rolling. We don't want to loose this opportunity do we? A unit that you can use is far better than one you cannot!!!!

As my Stagea doesn't look like being on the road for some time (another story) I would be happy to send my Nav Unit across for them to convert (my expense) as I think Chris Rogers already has my unit in his workshop. Do you still have it Chris? If this is any help guys please let me know.

cheers

Muz

Errr.. does not look like that. See below :

It's a pity but CD-based ones is completely another story.

We are interested to know about DVD-based units, factory installed in NISSAN's vehicles only.

VDO is not more than map supplier here - particular format of disk will depend on navi units manufacturer.

Sorry again, They are DVD's of the map software. All the M35's have the DVD ROM if they have the TV option installed.

Cheers

Andy

Sorry again, They are DVD's of the map software. All the M35's have the DVD ROM if they have the TV option installed.

So they are the copies of original Nissan DVD ? Coz that's what I've got from the guys :

NISSAN(Xanavi) will not develop special units for particular map format/vendor. I know for sure that in all countries around the world (Japan, Europe, USA, Canada and etc.) NISSAN has generally the same format for map disks (DVD based units manufactured by Xanavi). Exceptions only for units produced by another vendors (Matsushita, Clarion, Sanyo) but this exceptions are rare. Most of NISSAN vehicles that equipped with navi units are equipped with Xanavi ones.

Again - despite map source and label on disk (VDO, Zenrin, Navteq, etc) almost all map disks for NISSAN will have pretty same format of data on it. Of course map disk for USA will not work in cars for Japanese or European markets and vice versa, but all of them will have very similar data structures stored on the disk.

Regarding statement "the CD I gave ... was a DVD ..." - it is nonsense, because all DVDs for NISSANs I've ever seen was at least 4GB in size. Modern Japanese and USA maps will fit only double layered DVD = ~8GB. Even in compressed state minimal space to fit data from DVD map disk is about 2-2.5GB.

We are not newbies in that area and we are aware about "lot of fun" we are going to have converting map data from one format to another. We are not afraid of such troubles and certainly able to resolve all physical issues in such project. The only troubles we may not resolve are some legal restrictions if there will emerge any.

muz,

yes I still have it.

someone prove me wrong but the last murano I had apart was VDO. if someone wants to spend $400 on the cd for it - go ahead.

Chris,

I have checked official Australian NISSAN site and found that most of vehicles aren't equipped with navi at all! Also from photo of Australian Murano's navi I can see that it is certanly NOT Xanavi.

In opposite I have got information about Murano's for other markets and found next information:

Japanese version:

DVD-based:

NAVI Unit - 25915-CB000 2004.09-2005.03 (manufactured by Clarion)

NAVI Unit - 25915-CB00A 2005.03-2005.12 (manufactured by Clarion)

NAVI Unit - 25915-CB00B 2005.12-2006.04 (manufactured by Clarion)

NAVI Unit - 25915-CB00C 2006.04-? (manufactured by Clarion)

MAP DVD-ROM - 25920-CB004 2004.09-2005.12 (KIWI format, Map source from Zenrin)

MAP DVD-ROM - 25920-CB05A 2005.12-? (KIWI format, Map source from Zenrin)

EU LH version:

CD-based:

NAVI Unit - 25915-CC000 2004.11-?

MAP CD-ROM - 25920-CC000 2004.11-?

DVD-based:

NAVI Unit - 25915-ES60A 2005.08- (manufactured by Xanavi)

MAP DVD-ROM - 25920-BA020 2004.11-2005.08 (Xanavi format, ver. 6, Map source from NAVTEQ)

MAP DVD-ROM - 25920-EA25A 2005.08-? (Xanavi format, ver. ?, Map source from NAVTEQ)

US version:

DVD-based:

NAVI Unit - 25915-CA100 2002.09-2003.01 (manufactured by Xanavi)

NAVI Unit - 25915-CA101 2003.01-2003.06 (manufactured by Xanavi)

NAVI Unit - 25915-CA102 2003.06-2003.07 (manufactured by Xanavi)

NAVI Unit - 25915-CA103 2003.07-2003.10 (manufactured by Xanavi)

NAVI Unit - 25915-CA113 2003.10-2004.08 (manufactured by Xanavi)

NAVI Unit - 25915-CB804 2004.08-2005.09 (manufactured by Xanavi)

NAVI Unit - 25915-CC205 2005.09-2006.08 (manufactured by Xanavi)

NAVI Unit - 25915-CC26C 2006.08-? (manufactured by Xanavi)

MAP DVD-ROM - 25920-CR920 2002.09-2003.07 (Xanavi format, ver. 6, Map source from NAVTEQ)

MAP DVD-ROM - 25920-CR923 2003.07-2004.08 (Xanavi format, ver. 6, Map source from NAVTEQ)

MAP DVD-ROM - 25920-CR924 2004.08-2004.11 (Xanavi format, ver. 6, Map source from NAVTEQ)

MAP DVD-ROM - 25920-CR94A 2004.11-2005.09 (Xanavi format, ver. 6, Map source from NAVTEQ)

MAP DVD-ROM - 25920-EH05A 2005.09-2006.08 (Xanavi format, ver. 7, Map source from NAVTEQ)

MAP DVD-ROM - 25920-CF46A 2006.08-? (Xanavi format, ver. 7, Map source from NAVTEQ)

Edited by Fedor

Chris,

I have checked official Australian NISSAN site and found that most of vehicles aren't equipped with navi at all! Also from photo of Australian Murano's navi I can see that it is certanly NOT Xanavi.

In opposite I have got information about Murano's for other markets and found next information:

Hi Fedor

Welcome to the Australian Skyline forum.

Do you need a copy of the DVD that has the Jap maps from the Xnavi unit? Or is it another map of Australia.

Sorry if this seems like a basic question.

Cheers

Andy

Edited by andy65b

Thank you, guys.

I already have DVD map disks in Xanavi format for Japan, USA and Europe. As I can see, NISSAN has not such disk for Australia.

If I'm right, map conversion procedure may become more complicated but anyway we still able to do it.

What about Toyota for Australian market? Most of Toyota/Lexus units have maps in KIWI format. This format is well known and taking this format as source one seems to be not so complex vs any other proprietary format.

What do you think?

Regards,

Fedor.