SAU Community

Famous Classic Car Insurance

Yeah I get the feeling they are super busy.  If you just keep asking them it will happen for you.

Why do you want to add me to your policy Carlo?  You know that diff failure is not covered no matter who is driving.

They might be busy, but it should not take 2 months to make a simple change to the policy. If they are that busy then they should take on extra staff or expand the business.

ROFL.. My baby wont be tortured or abused by you!! hehehehehe (hides keys)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey boys and girls, I'm in the process of upgrading from my VL (first car) and sticking with the RB's thought R33 would do nice, so I've had two quotes so far for slight mod R33's just cars at 22 with rating 4 3 speeding fines over 3 yrs $1900 $1500 excess. young and cool same deal $3200 laughed my ass off at the guy on the phone. though told him about just cars and he laughed as well before I hung up on him. :rofl: oh I'm from QLD just wondering if any other QLD ppl with better quotes though I can get written up as a rating 2.

Any help much appreciated.

could you send us a copy also, thank you in advance.

also does this sound right, I am with famous, have a 1992 GTST r32 manual, live in sydney and am paying $2300 per year with huge excess, i am rating 1, 23 yrs old, have one speeding fine in last 5 years and one at fault accident (depending on which insurance company i ask, I hit a ROO and wrote the car off).

are other people payinf similar?

*edit* also car is pretty much stock 3inch dump pipe back, 17's, nice head deck, top of the line alarm/immob, turbo timer and that is about it!

How does famous feel about younger drivers driving very rare occasions?

For example I work 6 days a week and my younger brother (18) had to take my car to the auto elecy for me the other week - would I need him on my policy as that would no doubt shoot the price up...

I've got a policy with jut car insurance - 2600 per year - 2200 excess

i'm 19 - rating 6 - no offences etc and the cars a non turbo stock 33

There appears to be quite a bit of inconsistancy with the prices famous are dishing out these days I think.

Something doesn't sit right with me when they just jiggle with prices like that!

• 2 weeks later...

The other day, I rang up to check why I have not receive my 2004 policy, however when I received it, the NCB is not list on paper, nither the NCB protection, I rang back ask them, why they were not listed any more, after dragful conversation (can't remember the name of guy has Irish irish's accent..), they said all the new policy if it has NCB and NCB protection before, then it will has automatically (but won't list on paper ......cough "BS" cough), but when I check the policy booklet, it has no where listed...

anyway cut the story short, I went to Shanons, for extra $200, with only $400 excess (1000 for famous)..with all features that Famous can't provide and list on my policy,(which you wn't see anywhere from my famous policy), such as

* Chose repairer,

* Life NCB protection

* $400 basic excess

more..

anyway, I believe Famous has better price, but for extra 200, I have piece of mind..