SAU Community

commodors vs skylines

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hehe ... there are some decently smart people in that forum .. but when comparing performance cars .. u can't come back with "but it can't take the family to the shops" or "it can't tow anything" LOL that just made me laugh hehee

well i had to sign up so i could have my say... give a toss wether they are biased or not.. comments like:

*skylines are common (comming from a commondore forum?!?)

*jap cars all have neons and are rice

*turbos shit themselves at 100,000km

*skylines crack heads

*180sx's are all 1.8l

etc etc... if you wanna have an argument... at least research it first..

thing i loved the most is how farken good they all think the new monaro 427 is... but for the same price you could take your pics of a GT3 porches, a nice ferrari, jaguar, m3, m5, amg's etc etc.. and they would shit all over it.

Originally posted by Nismodified

i think skylines are taxi's as well, in Japan

Originally posted by akeenan

no there not! the skyline over there is kinda like the commodore here

so that means they are taxies? coz Commodore's are taxies too rite?

Guest INASNT
Originally posted by dAVE

thing i loved the most is how farken good they all think the new monaro 427 is... but for the same price you could take your pics of a GT3 porches, a nice ferrari, jaguar, m3, m5, amg's etc etc.. and they would shit all over it.

and like any of em will ever be able to afford the HRT 427 anyway!

The 4 door skyline may be taxis in japan not the 2 door

so that means they are taxies? coz Commodore's are taxies too rite?

ok, let me re word it, commodores over here are like the "family car" you know ... anyhow thats what the skyline is in japan well not the family car but... whatever...

The 4 door skyline may be taxis in japan not the 2 door
i am not familiar with any 4 door skyline taxis, may be wrong though!

refer to pic for japan taxi , they also com in different colors

bah, I'm not a member of that particular Commodore forum, and I'm not going to register just to read what they have to say. :)

Anything a Commo can do, a Skyline can do better!

(And look good while it's doing it.:( )

Pace car:

pace-car.jpg

Wedding cars:

wedding-car.jpg

DSC00085.JPG

Convertible:

(How many convertible Commodores have you seen?)

4.jpg

Police car:

guys im definately a holden lover but after looking for a v8 commodore manual and not been able to find one in my budget ($20000) i test drove a 33 and now own it. comparing handling, power and value for money skylines piss on commodores and now i love pulling up next to commodores at the lights, lots of fun.

and still what looks more stylish skylines or the millions of commodores on the roads?

I bought a VS V8 Manual (IRS,SRS,ABS) Commodore.

It had a 3.5" Exhaust pacemaker extractors, chiped etc..

I owned it for 9 months.

Within that period and my driving style i went through:

1 x $1800 Split rear chassis through one of the IRS's Diff bolting points. (Wheels had 45degree's camber and the bumper was on the ground)

2 x $???? Front Strut swaybar connector thingo's the ripped out :(

1 x $1100 IRS LSD Differential (Started Making Grinding Noises)

1 x $1200 5 Speed Manual (Started Poping out of gears and whinned really badly)

hrmm I think thats about it.. If I remember any more as I was always spending some money fixing the damn thing I'll make another post.

:)

They have made the gearing to long. They are difficult to launch (in Manual Form) and arn't that quick out of corners.

Most importantly in my book anyhow.. The brakes are shiet house.

Guys, please don't go turning out like the commodore forum. Some people are already starting to sound like it. They are both decent cars and i don't think we should stoop to the little bickering that has occured on the other forum.

Jase

PS. There are two vn convertibles on the coast by the way and the statesmans and grange's make great wedding cars so i think they are just as good as each other. they both fault and exceed in different aspects.

this is hillarious, i think most of these have already been mentioned.

1. Take the hair dryers off them & see how hard they go then . (why would you? thats how the engine is, i might as well say take 3 and a bit litres off a dunnydore).

2. u get to keep your dignity by not driving some stupid ass look plastic car thatll go BANG in under 100000 kays, the V8 has a lot less maintenance.

3. SKYLINES SUCK ASS they are the s**ttest car on da road. They r so ugly ppl think they are cool but they crack heads a lot cos tey are s**t.

4. v6 vn's keep up with 180sx's till 80 [when they are running stock boost], f**king hate them! they (skylines) are more common then commodores now...

There are actually a fair few positive comments in there from the holden people though. Then there is this. i think it makes us alll look bad, but funny. :)

*everything a 2.6l GTR will kick the arse of a 5.7l V8 dunnydoor fuel-guzzling pushrod piece of s**t. DO U c**tS REMEMBER BATHURST 91??!! You stupid VB drinking bogans just accept this and go back to ur farms to tend cows. Idiots.*

I loved my supercharged VX "S", however it depreciated $10K in 12 months. I imported a '93 R33 4dr for through J-Spec and have found it to be a far superior car. It's not that I don't like pushrods and cast iron, I just think its better suited to 20 year old cars....not new ones. I also now there a lot of very nice Commodores out there......to each there own.