SAU Community

2 Young Lives Snuffed Out

blind_elk

Investigators aren't sure if the girls were wearing seatbelts, and witnesses are quoted as saying there was exessive speed.

Another P-plater tragedy, there are far too many of them.

As usual the driver only has minor injuries.

Well you can tell from the article that the car wasnt a performance car, as it wasnt listed there be the media

Probably a common family sedan or small car.

Goes to show the bullshit media in the country sensationalises things.

Sad waste of life, and a mockery to the road laws when any car can do 100km/h and unfortunately kill people.

This is very sad. I read it on the Herald Sun site yesterday before the second girl died. :thumbsup:

Another four families affected for the rest of their days by an idiot.

RIP to those involved.

The toll is 16 lower than this time last year but I doubt very much that has anything to do with publicity, probably more to do with the increase on the public transport network (think it said 30% in the last year, today).

Well you can tell from the article that the car wasnt a performance car, as it wasnt listed there be the media

Probably a common family sedan or small car.

Goes to show the bullshit media in the country sensationalises things.

Sad waste of life, and a mockery to the road laws when any car can do 100km/h and unfortunately kill people.

yep...we gotta remember the media are no experts in family cars, but they know their japanese imports.....

RIP to the deceased

I agree this is tragic. I'm not concerned if the driver was a P-plater, or if there was excessive speed involved, or if the occupants of the car were or were not wearing seat belts.

The point of raising this particular incident is that the government relies heavily on cameras, even changing the name from "speed" to "road safety" to try and justify them.

But a "safety camera" would not have detected the non-wearing of seat belts. And a camera, while it might have taken a photo of the behaviour prior to the incident, would not have prevented the outcome.

The only thing that stood a chance of preventing this tragic outcome was a visible police presence "on the ground".

It's time the government and all the so-called "road safety experts" realised this.

Being in the local area (the crash happened at the other end of my road) I can tell you that the police resources in this area are painfully thin, with 20 officers covering an area spanning north past Yea, east past Marysville, south past Powelltown and into Mooroolbark. They have little to no chance of providing any meaningful police presence on the roads out here and the locals know that.

yea this is very sad.. i once new of a girl that died when she snuck out at night with this guy and he was showing off and crashed hes R33 into a pole.. she died and he lived..

really stupid if u think of it..

fair enough risk your own life by driving fast but when u risk others lives.. really stupid..