SAU Community

Mwr34 R32-r34 Full Conversion Build

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

there will be new pics within 24 hours...

Rear bumper, back up lights, license plate holder, taillights, spoiler, trunk lock assembly all removed.. trunk left on for weather's sake. but without spoiler the trunk is too light and wants to spring open very fast. so its held down with cord.

Can i ask how much you got those replica LMGT4s for? :O

Subscribed for sure!!

225US each wheel 18x9.5 +20

300US each tyre 265/35/18 Advan Neova

Nice work..Can't wait to see the results mate.. Good luck ..What sort of timeframe you're looking to complete this? You'll definitely feel proud once completed..Am subscribed too :-)

It should be finished Mid November.

lol didn't realise who was posting and was about to say "just go out n buy an R34 GTR, it'd be cheaper" then saw the numberplates n realised you weren't in Australia.

also could explain why half those pics looked familiar, cos I've seen em on GTRC. hehe, nice work... I know you've been planing this forever. must feel good to see physical progress.

lol didn't realise who was posting and was about to say "just go out n buy an R34 GTR, it'd be cheaper" then saw the numberplates n realised you weren't in Australia.

also could explain why half those pics looked familiar, cos I've seen em on GTRC. hehe, nice work... I know you've been planing this forever. must feel good to see physical progress.

thanks... it felt like i was beating my head against a wall during the planning stage cause i had nowhere to turn for advice or suggestions. this might be the first R32-r34 full conversion in the world...the bee-r car doesnt do it for me. owgasm on this forum has a nice r33-r34 full conversion which i noticed a few days ago. funky you have PM

i fear the reason for that is in pretty much all other cases people just go out and buy an R34 instead of changing their R32 into one piece by piece. unfortunately canada only gets R32, so good on ya for making lemonade when given lemons.

Bee*R's car is a bit odd, I never really liked it... I like that you're paying attention to detail and doing a full conversion. Just keep in mind that an R32's bodyline is much lower than an R34, so when you fabricate up your gaurds and stuff, make sure they don't sag. We had a customer come in with an R34 front end on his R32, and it seriously looked like it had downs syndrome or something because the front sat so low compared to the roof and the rest of the car.

more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics

subscribed. Just started planing the mods for my 34gtt. planning on combining the looks of the ztune and the mines gtr. definately goin for the ztune rims they look hot where did you buy those replica's? this is gonna look awesome when your done.

Hey,

Looks good so far. Will help where we can.

Can't take pics yet, stupid painters are taking too long.

At the time, our R33-R34 Conversion was the only one i knew ever done. Though its been so long since we finished it so no longer claim "only one in the world" :thumbsup: Don't wanna risk it.

But yeah, i prefered the shape of the R33 roof better than the R34 :D Much lower and sleek IMO.

But the GT-R 34 is always there. :)

I like the fact that your using OEM parts. Not fibre glass.

OEM 98% for ours. Just the skirts side skirts are fibreglass.

More pics of yours PLZ! , and i'll send you pics when she's home.

AFAIK, R34 GTR's didn't even have an option of non-xenon. I hope no-one tried to pass off the lights that you bought as being off a GTR and charge you more for them

are those ROTA rims?

yes they are rota rims from www.subydude.com

someone else asked a question on my gtrcanada.com forum and i figured i would post it here cause it was a decent question and answer post=

hey man.

Mad props to you for taking on this project.

I got a couple questions though. Im a First Year Body Tech at a collision shop here in NW calgary, and i was just wondering how you plan on doing this swap. I see the R324 fenders will be sweet, that will amke it fit perfet..but for the sideskirts? I can see trimming them lengthwise..but what if they are too high and do not clear the ground..or what if they dont mount up anywhere on the stock sills?

My biggest question is how you plan on doing the quarter panel swap?? You gonna cut out the old one and rig up the R34 quarters to fit in place..or are you gonna throw em over top?

I would love to see the in progress pics of what the body shop does(assuming your not doing htis on your own)

thanks dudie for your questions...

regarding the sideskirts.. Stock R32 gtr's have the small lip that detaches near front fender like a 2 piece look.

I am keeping them on, and adding the R34 Nismo Z-tune sideskirt onto this R32 Lip.

Now the fitting problem is the Z-tune sideskirt add on Contours the R34 sideskirt which isnt a straight line.

The Z-tune sideskirt will be cut to be flat and installed to the bottom of the R32 Skirt... also the z-tune is longer than the r32 skirt so it will be cut to resemble the 2piece seam and length.

now the rear fenders...

alphainc2000-img600x450-1183525923m.jpg

alphainc2000-img600x450-1183525290m.jpg

the R32 panels are being cut off.. same with the rear bumper panel.

Since i have the quarter panels, rear panel, trunk, taillights and rear bumper everything almost fits together without even being on the car... that makes it easier to fit and weld together and on the car.

AFAIK, R34 GTR's didn't even have an option of non-xenon. I hope no-one tried to pass off the lights that you bought as being off a GTR and charge you more for them

are those ROTA rims?

Thats true.

The R34 GT-R's imported a while ago were in when "xenon" lights were illegal. It was australian standard to have the normal lights that we normally see. As ss8_gohan said, there was no option, thats why people used GT-T Lights for their R34 GT-R's to compliance the car.

Well, thats what i think and had to do with my R34 GT-R.

But i do still have the xenons :) just cbf changing.

thanks everyone for checking up,

I currently just started school for mechanics this past monday and the car is stripped down.

It has already been to towed to the bodyshop and it is on their hands now.

My school is FT and mostly conflicts with the bodyshop hours so that means picture progress and updates will be few and much different between.

they have all the parts in the shop which i bought for the build, aswell as detail photos from and r32 to an r34 so a smooth transition SHOULD take place.

fully certified bodyshop that handles write offs and rebuilds, so cutting and pasting is what they do best.

dunno if this would help, but I've got the R34 alignment measurements that we use when jigging up and repairing accident damaged R34's. Might help your bodyshop guys as far as getting the lines and distances truer to a real R34, without having an actual R34 there to go off.

oh just want everyone to know, my bodyshop will be making a mold of my conversion fenders, and my rear quarter panels after they have been fitted onto the car.

my car will be build with all oem metal parts.. but not everyone can afford the quality im going with, so they got smart and decided to mold the hard to get parts for the conversion.

you still need headlights, taillights, bumper, hood, trunk and spoiler... but the special conversion items... I will have the molds here in Vancouver ready for sale once complete.