SAU Community

Dirtgarage Runs 9's!

NXTIME

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done guys, gone are the days when you had to absolutaly ring its neck for a 10.3, now it runs close to that on a back off. It is well deserved, all your patience and effort have payed off. up 4 another Queensland trip?

PS. Hope is all well with your new addition also.

Yeah Stuie, deep in my heart of hearts i knew the car wasnt capable of a 9 with the 2530's...not with a synchro box anyway...they simply cannot be shifted quick enough. The car needed more MPH and less weight to cope with the handicap of the box. Losing 100kg out of the car and the addition of more revs and more power from this new engine has made the world of difference. I am still running a "garden variety" Power FC so i have no "two step" ignition cut on launch, so to 60' a 1.44 without one is simply unbelieveable (its the second fastest GTR 60' in Aust) on radials. So Mark Jacobsens prediction of 9.7 seems on the money when the car is properly set up and a few more passes under my belt.

that 9 was run on my 23rd full pass of a drag strip.

this is the only RH9 car that has used low mount turbo's and has beaten kiwi Arthur Eyre's all time world mark of 10.17 for a "bolt on turbo" GTR.

congratulations Paul and stacey and to all involved in the car.

1.44 sixty foot would have felt like your stomach contents were being forced out your bot bot

so what was the half track MPH old mate?

Shane

Edited by 1JZ.747

Awesome effort well done. The amount of very fast GTR's in Oz is getting out of hand.

Have you turned the Nitrous on yet?

No NOS as yet

Sonoco Max NOS fuel (which surprisingly does not make much more power than pump fuel due to its slower burn rate and oxygen content...about 27kw more in the top end)

Shane high 107's to half track

Dave...the pulley drama being resolved over the weekend

and we now use HKS GT-RS turbo's...the 2530's were upgraded some 18 months ago.

Does anybody have the run on video??