NXTIME

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good stuff glad to hear that Paul and Stace have official RH9

thanks guys

Wow what an eventful evening....

only two passes, still having trouble keeping belts on it. Looks like the alternator has not been installed correctly as it does not appear to be in line with the balancer and water pump pulley.

ok

1st pass only used 20psi and launched to a 60' of 1.5sec, i didn't shift the car too well and when the alternator/water pump belt came off at 3/4 track rolled though at 128 MPH and ran a 10.5. had to get towed back to the pits...not a great start to the night.

We worked in the pits to try a few things to get the pulley's to line up properly and found the bottom of the alternator that attaches to the block not tightened...damn! Bolted it up properly, re-installed the belts and went out to have another run.

2nd pass turned the boost up to 25psi got it to really hook up off the line... 1.44 60'. The 1st to 2nd shift was also pretty neat (for my standard anyway) so when the belt flew off again at the top of 2nd (just past 1/2 track) i thought fu(k it and grabbed 3rd and kept my foot into it. Keeping my eye on the Power FC hand controller water temp reading (i have no water pump) and the other on the finish line went through the traps with the water temp reaching 87deg, but fortunately stopping the clocks at 9.998 secs with a MPH of 137.26. Unfortunately had to be towed back to the pits again, but the 9 was in the bag.

Big thanks to Jim Souvas and Croydon Racing for providing us with a monster engine and an awesome tune. After speaking with Jim this evening he is confident that there is a lot more to come with this set-up.

LTSjayce from Canberra gave me an envelope some time ago that was only to be opened in the event of a 9 sec pass.....

it contained two RH9 stickers...

they were put on in the pits while enjoying the moment with a few of the SAU boys.

nice work i was there but didnt get to see the pass, i drove past in my black 32 gtr as you were putting the beast back on the trailor and you yelled out to me you did the 9, seemed pretty excitied haha.

I also did a pb of 11.16 at 125mph so i was pretty stoked :)

Edited by OFENSV

nice work i was there but didnt get to see the pass, i drove past in my black 32 gtr as you were putting the beast back on the trailor and you yelled out to me you did the 9, seemed pretty excitied haha.

I also did a pb of 11.16 at 125mph so i was pretty stoked :)

great work...were you not the same guy i was chatting to in the staging lanes?? thats why i called out to you...and yes...i was pretty stoked.

great work...were you not the same guy i was chatting to in the staging lanes?? thats why i called out to you...and yes...i was pretty stoked.

haha nah it wasnt me but it was good to hear you say you got the 9 becuase i knew you had been chasing it.

So whats the next target a 9 what?

Top effort the pair of you deserve it! I remember coming over for drag combat via autosalon mag and watched you race, was 2004. Be sure to tell the boys on gtr.co.uk they'd be astonished...

Take pride in the RH9 sticker!

I was getting updates SMS'd in last night and when I got the 9.9 @ 137 message I was cheering out loud and pissing off everyone in a 5 mile radius!

Outstanding effort guys!! Job well done. Elsie's first drag meeting and she sees daddy run a nine!!! She's gonna grow up thinking you know what you're doing Paul!!

:)

Well done guys, gone are the days when you had to absolutaly ring its neck for a 10.3, now it runs close to that on a back off. It is well deserved, all your patience and effort have payed off. up 4 another Queensland trip?

PS. Hope is all well with your new addition also.

thanks guys

Wow what an eventful evening....

only two passes, still having trouble keeping belts on it. Looks like the alternator has not been installed correctly as it does not appear to be in line with the balancer and water pump pulley.

ok

1st pass only used 20psi and launched to a 60' of 1.5sec, i didn't shift the car too well and when the alternator/water pump belt came off at 3/4 track rolled though at 128 MPH and ran a 10.5. had to get towed back to the pits...not a great start to the night.

We worked in the pits to try a few things to get the pulley's to line up properly and found the bottom of the alternator that attaches to the block not tightened...damn! Bolted it up properly, re-installed the belts and went out to have another run.

2nd pass turned the boost up to 25psi got it to really hook up off the line... 1.44 60'. The 1st to 2nd shift was also pretty neat (for my standard anyway) so when the belt flew off again at the top of 2nd (just past 1/2 track) i thought fu(k it and grabbed 3rd and kept my foot into it. Keeping my eye on the Power FC hand controller water temp reading (i have no water pump) and the other on the finish line went through the traps with the water temp reaching 87deg, but fortunately stopping the clocks at 9.998 secs with a MPH of 137.26. Unfortunately had to be towed back to the pits again, but the 9 was in the bag.

Big thanks to Jim Souvas and Croydon Racing for providing us with a monster engine and an awesome tune. After speaking with Jim this evening he is confident that there is a lot more to come with this set-up.

LTSjayce from Canberra gave me an envelope some time ago that was only to be opened in the event of a 9 sec pass.....

it contained two RH9 stickers...

they were put on in the pits while enjoying the moment with a few of the SAU boys.