SAU Community

R32 GTST brake upgrade

I'm looking at replacing my front rotors and calipers with those off a R33 GTS25T.

Has anyone done this before?

I have heard they bolt straight on, and apart from a brake bleed/fluid, all should work just fine?

Cheers, Chris

I think the only differance is that 32 GTR rotors are a 2mm thicker than 33 GTS25T, and the same diameter (296mm compared to 280mm on ours)

A set of R33 GTR Brembos would be nice - but they'd cost a fair bit

Do you reckon that the master cylinder will still be OK? I can't see any dramas with swapping calipers, so it should be OK. I'm hoping to swap mine over and pay the differance for the calipers and get some DBA slotted rotors with decent pads, probably from Race Brakes or somewhere similar

Master cyliner will be fine, the brakes have just got bigger pistons giving more force but they are not large enough to cause a problem. I saw some 33 Brembro on performance forums for 1600 which is a good price. But i want the option of being able to use 16'' wheels so the 32 gtr brakes are the go and with decent pads and braided lines will give good performance for the lighter gtsts like ours.

Slotted rotors/Pads/fluid/lines will make a good difference. There are apparently different sized 33 rotors as far as diamter goes. DBA has had some fun with this issue.

Guest Boxhead

im with slip here, eheck your pads, if low, replace with some decent pads, then get some good fluid in there, i used the motul race stuff, its apparently better then dot5.1....

and it made a hell of a difference, you will be surprised the crap that will come out when you flush your system.

Its got good pads and fluid, but I want more!!!

I want my eyes to pop out when I hit the brake pedal, so I reckon the 33 brakes will be the go

For WW2 you will need things for GO mate, non of this slowing down bisso. Look at grepin, he's now got 60% more power than stock and his brakes and fluid are the same from when the car left the factory in Japan!

Im with Slip,

I've got an R33 gtst

bought a set of DBA slotted rotors, only to put them on and find

that both the width and ofset were wrong..

actually damaging the rotors

with that DBA refused to take the rotors back even after they assured me they would ... so if you go this way..check them first

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't end up going with the R33 GTS25T brakes, I got some slotted rotors and Race Brakes pads (of Clint32's car which is getting GTR brakes

Didn't think they would make much a differance, but I was wrong!!

Stops heaps better than before, I can now get that good g-force feeling under acceleration and braking now

Will need a track day to give them a good test, but so far so good

Also, big thanks to Clint for helping me out with them - cheers mate