SAU Community

Post Autosalon cruise...

predator

I had an idea.. if the MAS "crew" haven't already thought of it already..

With all the attention SAU will be getting at the MAS, shouldn't we plan a well planned (..yes, may be hard!) meet and cruise a week or two after just to keep the interest levels up??

Just think it might be a bit lame if we go "yeah, we're a great club, we have regular cruises and meets, come along, etc".. first question your average Autosalon punter will go (hopefully a lonesome skyline owner) is "Sounds great, so when is your next one?"... resultant blank stares and "um, er, sometime - just keep watching the website ok? there will be some, err sometime"..

4 weeks later there is actually one, by which time Mr MAS excitee gets bored and forgets about us.

So do you guys concur with my thoughts - that we should be organising something very close after Autosalon? I think it should be a reasonable sized one all day one in the style of GOR gruise out country somewhere.. Any ideas?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If u wanna attract more members, then, like u said, it's a good idea to already have one planned for when people ask about us.

For a country cruise we could always go all the way out to the 12 Apostles/London Bridge. I know it's a bit far but i reckon it's well worth it. Last time i went the traffic out in the country was next to none.(back roads that is) :D

any big cruise out to the country is a good idea.

Cruise ~ great idea! I am thinking country-style too none of this poser crap. A nice stretch of the legs is in order. BTW there is already a cruise on the 20th...info in vic thread. heading down to torquay area.

MzDefectamundo - tell Ben [from hpi] my 34 has more power than his with the stock turbo - that'll get him down here :D well maybe

Guest RedLineGTR
Originally posted by nismoR34

MzDefectamundo - tell Ben [from hpi] my 34 has more power than his with the stock turbo - that'll get him down here :) well maybe

It sure would...lolz :D

I off to Sydney (mmm - long drive) that following weekend... but I think a post MAS cruise is a great idea. I am finailsiing some club-flyers - it would be good to include dates for the next couple of cruises... thoughts?

Amber: Great work with HPI! Hope it works out.

Yeah a cruise will be good. I just join this forum not long ago and will be good to see a bunch of Skyliners cruising!! hehe

Let us know when, it will be my first cruise... Still don't really know anyone yet and hopefully to meet some new faces.

Guest INASNT

good idea gordo, but farkkk i am gonna miss out on it again, flying upto sunny cairns again that week!

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Embrace the freedom of casual encounters on the best dating app in town! Verified Maidens Superlative Сasual Dating
    • Slimline sub on the rear parcel shelf is doable. Pioneer TS-WX140DA is only 70mm high.   
    • People like Johnny Dose Bro might be laughing at my post because I accidentally added 100mm to my numbers. 350-355 is indeed the lower limit. 450 is off-road Skyline spec.
    • What is the "compromise" that you think will happen? Are you thinking that something will get damaged? The only things you have to be concerned about with spherical jointed suspension arms are; Arguments with the constabulary wrt their legality (they are likely to be illegal for road use without an engineering certificatation, and that may not be possible to obtain). A lot more NVH transmitted through to the passengers (which is hardly a concern for those with a preference for good handling, anyway). Greatly increased inspection and maintenance requirements (see above points, both).   It is extremely necessary to ask what car you are talking about. Your discussion on strut tops, for example, would be completely wrong for an R chassis, but be correct for an S chassis. R32s have specific problems that R33/4 do not have. Etc. I have hardened rubber bushes on upper rear control arms and traction rods. Adjustable length so as to be able to set both camber and bump steer. You cannot contemplate doing just the control arms and not the traction arms. And whatever bushing you have in one you should have in the other so that they have similar characteristics. Otherwise you can get increased oddness of behaviour as one bushing flexes and the other doesn't, changing the alignment between them. I have stock lower rear arms with urethane bushes. I may make changes here, these are are driven by the R32's geometry problems, so I won't discuss them here unless it proves necessary. I have spherical joints in the front caster rods. I have experienced absolutely no negatives and only positives from doing so. They are massively better than any other option. I have sphericals in the FUCAs, but this is driven largely by the (again) R32 specific problems with the motion of those arms. I just have to deal with the increased maintenance required. Given how much better the front end behaves with the sphericals in there.....I'd probably be tempted to go away from my preference (which is not to have sphericals on a road car, for 2 of the 3 reasons in the bulleted list above), just to gain those improvements. And so my preference for not using sphericals (in general) on a road car should be obvious. I use them judiciously, though, as required to solve particular problems.
    • Easiest way to know is to break out the multimeter and measure it when cold, then measure all the resistances again once it gets hot enough to misfire. Both the original ignitor and the J Replace version. Factory service manual will have the spec for the terminal measurements.