SAU Community

2008 F1 Season

wolverine

Im going to ask again, seeing as my question was either ignored or unseen.

When was the last time something like this has happened in F1.

And what was it for.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love the article featuring Daddy Hamilton

I love how he refers to everything Louise does as 'we'...we won the race, we want the title...

go drive a Porsche into a fence you flog

Unloved as a kid were we Dezz?

I enjoyed a normal upbringing, unlike your boyfriend Homoton :(

Yeah, damn straight.

"Homoton" drives for McLaren F1...spose that's even better than "normal", ey?

Sucks to be you Dezz.

Im a bigtime hamilton fan, like massa, dont mind kimi and hate ferrari

As much as it pains me to say this, i think hamilton should have been more patient and passed him on another corner. His car was obviously faster or he was when it stated to get damp.

I kinda think that given he was next to kimi going into the chicane that he cut out of, that when he let kimi back into the lead on the straight he should have been allowed to be right on his tail. I do however see the point about the different line he was on compared to previous laps but i dont know the finer details of the rules.

Obviously its a close call but you have to look at the positives. Hamilton is still in the lead for the championship, kimi is basically out of contention and if massa wins us hamilton/mclaren fans can just pull out last years excuse book as to why ferrari won :(

And i dare say when hamilton wins this year it will just make it that much sweeter

Good times :(

Edited by Gts30t

in hindsight, Lewis shoulda just tried to wind off a little lock, get on the brakes, and then pull back behind Kimi by driving over the edge of the ripple strip. but he took the easier, safer, run-off option and got ridiculously shafted :dry:

Well twenty twenty hindsight is a wonderful thing, but in this instance it ignores a few salient points.

1. Kimi basically shoved Lewis off the road.

2. Hamilton pulled back onto the track behind the Ferrari.

3. The only reason he was able to overtake was because of Kimi's stupid lines going into the following corner.

The fundamental problems with this are two fold.

1. Yet again a race has been decided by stewards instead of out on the circuit. May be an opportune time to think about it when Monza turns into a pathetic procession.

2. Yet again the standings in the championship have been changed to close them up. Hasn't the FIA learnt that this sort of carryon turns people off the sport in droves?

McLaren said it would appeal the decision. "We have studied the details and put them before the FIA stewards," said a team statement.

"They show that after cutting the chicane Lewis lifted off, he was 6 kmh slower than Kimi. After conceding the lead to Kimi, Lewis repositioned his car on the right and beat Kimi on the brakes going into the hairpin."

Edited by djr81

havnt had internet for a couple of days so this is a little late but , i stayed up and watched the race and it was one of the best this season. Then one of my workmates informs me the next day lewis has been stripped of his win. BULLSH*T. Lewis did what he had to do to avoid an accident. If the shoe had been on the other foot and kimi had avoided contact with Lewis, he would have been praised for not taking out hamilton when doing so would have helped ferrari (specifically massa). Hamilton may have gained from his shortcut but he also clearly let Kimi back infront before repassing him, job done i say.

This incident really isnt going to do much for the popular perception that ferrari owns the FIA and i would go so far as to say that this incident we be front and centre in my thoughts next time i see some smug knob driving a ferrari around town.

Oh they will only realise when F1 as we knows it dies.

It also has to be remembered that fundamentally speaking, there was absolutely nothing wrong with the way Hamilton overtook Raikkonen.

Lewis was along side going into the chicane and slotted in immediately after going over the line well behind the Ferrari.

If LH gained an advantage by cutting the chicane, how much of an advantage was it considering he was going into the chicane IN FRONT?

There was also a 6 kilometre speed difference between the two cars and ive replayed that part of the race 100 times now and you can clearly see Hamliton closing up massively, UNDER BRAKES. There was no slipstream advantage - LH wasnt even IN the stream of KR's Ferrari.

Watch the clip again and watch it carefully this time.

We have already agreed have we not, that the leader is in the more treacherous position, feeling out grip levels first in those kinds of conditions??

It is not LH's fault he had the bigger balls going into La Source, and its not KR's fault for hesitating and breaking at what was clearly and visibly way earlier than he had done in the previous 5 laps.

The biggest problem is that is APPEARED LH Gained the advantage when in actual fact he passed him under brakes into the Bus Stop and then again into La Source.

Game set and match for me.

Hamilton needs to be reinstated and the stewards stood down.

Oh they will only realise when F1 as we knows it dies.

It also has to be remembered that fundamentally speaking, there was absolutely nothing wrong with the way Hamilton overtook Raikkonen.

Lewis was along side going into the chicane and slotted in immediately after going over the line well behind the Ferrari.

If LH gained an advantage by cutting the chicane, how much of an advantage was it considering he was going into the chicane IN FRONT?

There was also a 6 kilometre speed difference between the two cars and ive replayed that part of the race 100 times now and you can clearly see Hamliton closing up massively, UNDER BRAKES. There was no slipstream advantage - LH wasnt even IN the stream of KR's Ferrari.

Watch the clip again and watch it carefully this time.

We have already agreed have we not, that the leader is in the more treacherous position, feeling out grip levels first in those kinds of conditions??

It is not LH's fault he had the bigger balls going into La Source, and its not KR's fault for hesitating and breaking at what was clearly and visibly way earlier than he had done in the previous 5 laps.

The biggest problem is that is APPEARED LH Gained the advantage when in actual fact he passed him under brakes into the Bus Stop and then again into La Source.

Game set and match for me.

Hamilton needs to be reinstated and the stewards stood down.

I see you thoughtfully ignored what I posted about Lewis saying how he got into Kimis tow.

And you call other people ignorant...

back in the maclaren garage lewey has his daddy who looks like some kind of car wrecking cartoon character waiting for him with a poppa of orange juice.

back in the ferrari garage kimi has a team of super hot chicks with some bollinger waiting for him...

you decide who's the real winner here.

I see you thoughtfully ignored what I posted about Lewis saying how he got into Kimis tow.

And you call other people ignorant...

Well you got me on that point and that is what he said...but...

When i looked at the video ( again ) just now...man...i dont see how he could achieve a tow with such a short amount of road between Bus Stop and La Source...

back in the maclaren garage lewey has his daddy who looks like some kind of car wrecking cartoon character waiting for him with a poppa of orange juice.

back in the ferrari garage kimi has a team of super hot chicks with some bollinger waiting for him...

you decide who's the real winner here.

Seasons not over yet, moot.

Im sure LH will be looking for his independence soon enough.

I would count having a pussycat doll as a smashable item and hanging with JayZ, Nelson Mandela et all would count as being pretty f**king cool..

Not cool enough for the Baron apparantly.

Seasons not over yet, moot.

Im sure LH will be looking for his independence soon enough.

I would count having a pussycat doll as a smashable item and hanging with JayZ, Nelson Mandela et all would count as being pretty f**king cool..

Not cool enough for the Baron apparantly.

Pussycar Doll, i will pay that...but JayZ...lol, i would punch that guy in thre cock. Mandella? Hmmm. Thinking about it, the Pussycar Dolls bird is just a tarted up stripper and at least Kimi has the presence of mind to leave them in the strip club...not take them home :dry:

Pussycar Doll, i will pay that...but JayZ...lol, i would punch that guy in thre cock. Mandella? Hmmm. Thinking about it, the Pussycar Dolls bird is just a tarted up stripper and at least Kimi has the presence of mind to leave them in the strip club...not take them home :dry:

pfft.

Sif you wouldnt float up if she hit you where it hurts.

( second from the right )

pussycat-dolls1024-2.jpg

Mmmmyeess....strippers the lot of em.