SAU Community

New Gtr In Wa!

teejay

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strictly invite only tonight. No name, no entry, even if your with someone whos name is on the list.

Speed cut issue is already resolved from what Ive been told.

And to those who bagged out Tim, he is reading from a teleprompter, so dont blame him for the mistake. And he could afford two if he wanted.

Most certainly a V6.

Massive thanks to Fabcar for the invite tonight.

Huge crowd, with many of the big names in local motorsport, media and motoring all in attendance. One noteable exception was Kim Ledger, and special mention was made for the man who many there are close friends with in this incredibly difficult time. Fabcar announced a two car team... yes thats right, there is 2nd one waiting to go to be driven by local rally legend Tolli Chalis, along with Fabcar being official supplier of cars for Targa West 2008, and an all new website. Good to see them going from strength to strength and with 35 years experience in the import game, it is certainly showing.

Also a massive thanks to Fabcar, in particular Frank, Steve and B0BB0 for allowing me access to the car in the days leading up to tonight - I cannot say how much of an honor it is for me to have been allowed to touch, play and take pics of this thing.

A full story will be in PSC next issue I pray, so it could well be an exclusive for an Aussie publication on Aussie soil.

fmj1h5.jpg

309n91l.jpg

2i0x0cg.jpg

k9ar1l.jpg

2ahrtpg.jpg

Heres just a few of the pics from the last couple of days, I had been gagging ever so slightly to put some up but respected the wishes of those who gave me the chance to see the car anyhow.

34o64af.jpg

vdnyid.jpg

ily9s0.jpg

33ccap3.jpg

v5cxev.jpg

vowk9f.jpg

ldvep.jpg

e9x402.jpg

This was the channel 10 guys who came to film it on monday arvo before yesterdays news story, they were in awe.

Its nearly 2am so this will do for now, more pics soon.

Yeah, great to be at the unveiling, and as TJ has pointed out there is a 2nd car to be driven by Tolli, so this years Targa West will be really exciting to go and watch.

There still running the engine in at the moment, so the car hasn't been driven in anger yet, but by all accounts the gearbox is the ducks nuts :)

Yeah, great to be at the unveiling, and as TJ has pointed out there is a 2nd car to be driven by Tolli, so this years Targa West will be really exciting to go and watch.

Wasn't Tolli the guy that ripped nuts in your car a few years ago Paullie ?

I heard that Nissan have refused to turn off the speedlimiter.

As it is based on GPS could be hard to bypass.

Anyone else heard this?

If it is still in operationg in the Aus delivered R35 GT-R, then I get to slap my stupid asian friend in the face :)

He actually agreed to it...