SAU Community

Need A Tune Up, What's It Going To Cost Me?

Ionos

I've got a tuned powerFC but the car is running rich. I'm getting poor mileage, even when I drive like a granny, normally 300km to a full tank.

Car is an R33, mods are - PowerFC, AVCR set on 1.1 bar, HKS GT2535 and 550cc injectors.

Question is - with a tuned powerFC, to get it 'tuned up' is it basically a full re-tune, or would it just be a simple task to check the AFR's and make the necessary adjustments. In otherwords, am I looking at $100 or $500?

Looking at getting it done a Morpowa, as I'm up north and that is where the car was tuned previously (before I bought it).

if you go to Morpowa you will be paying top doallar from what i have heard.

I reckon its gonna be classed as a full re tune but not 100% sure.

Give Fours N More a call, they deal with aftermarket computers alot, moreso microtechs, but still know their stuff about Power FC. Talk to Brenton or David there and they will be able to give you some good advice. Tell them Luke with the R31 reccomended you to them, he might help you out a little more.

at Morpowa it only cost me i think between $250-$300 to tune it and that was for tuning my forged 300rwkw engine

i took mine back there to get my power fc tuned in august coz it was running rich, they ran it on the dyno and checked the air/fuel ratios then adjusted accordingly and they can even change your boost setting aswell if u want as part of the price, its not a full retune that u need and it'll take about a half a day, simon and the guys are really helpful there and do great work, sometimes its worth paying that little extra 2 get it done right....(trust me i know coz a certain workshop blew my old engine while trying to tune it on the dyno and leaned it out), they also test ya car on the road and not just on the dyno and check your knock levels

post-44578-1201180683_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions all. I think the O2 sensor is ok, because I can see it going up and down between 0.2v and 0.8v on the powerFC handle controller, which is supposedly what it should be doing under normal operation.

I can vouch for these guys. Boostworx do an awesome job for the price you pay. 2 thunbs up for sure !!! :):)

+4

i am also very happy with the tune, service and price of boostworx $490 for full tune any problems shaun is pretty helpfull anything goes wrong they ring you before they add new parts im from north to its a far drive but well worth it

at Morpowa it only cost me i think between $250-$300 to tune it and that was for tuning my forged 300rwkw engine

i took mine back there to get my power fc tuned in august coz it was running rich, they ran it on the dyno and checked the air/fuel ratios then adjusted accordingly and they can even change your boost setting aswell if u want as part of the price, its not a full retune that u need and it'll take about a half a day, simon and the guys are really helpful there and do great work, sometimes its worth paying that little extra 2 get it done right....(trust me i know coz a certain workshop blew my old engine while trying to tune it on the dyno and leaned it out), they also test ya car on the road and not just on the dyno and check your knock levels

I dont know if its me but's whats on your plenum :)

Did you add the goodies after purchase? if not check if Morpowa still has your tune on file with those mods & have a look at the AFR. Then have Simon or Drew re-tune it.

Several mates w/ Skylines & myself have used Morpowa then Boostworx - personally we've found Shaun the better tuner. Even though I'm only 10mins away from Morpowa the cruise down to BW is worth it as iLEC mentioned.

Just get the O2 sensor checked out, or just replace it anyway cos it's probably shot and causing your bad mileage. There is a way to convert a universal sensor i think, do a search.

Just waht i was going to say...might save you some money.

+4

i am also very happy with the tune, service and price of boostworx $490 for full tune any problems shaun is pretty helpfull anything goes wrong they ring you before they add new parts im from north to its a far drive but well worth it

but boostworx dont ring you straight away after they have blown your engine up on the dyno they wait 4 you 2 ring them, especially just after i spent $13,000 worth on boltons from them and then have them leaning out the engine and blowing piston 6 ringland, they put way too much timing in and i had 2 keep going back every week until they blew the engine...

not F**ken happy!!!!!!!!!

but boostworx dont ring you straight away after they have blown your engine up on the dyno they wait 4 you 2 ring them, especially just after i spent $13,000 worth on boltons from them and then have them leaning out the engine and blowing piston 6 ringland, they put way too much timing in and i had 2 keep going back every week until they blew the engine...

not F**ken happy!!!!!!!!!

so there is someone on here that opposes boostworx, i thought 95% of ppl on here would say that boostworx should be the only place to take your skyline by the sounds of things.

well thats the first bad thing i have ever heard about boostworx lucky the only problem i had was a split coolant hose so whats the go with your motor whos covering the $$$$