SAU Community

Just Couldnt Get The Power Down

R33GOD

i love the assumptions stating i dont have 220rwk. your a moron. i run a hiflow turbo on 13 psi producing 220.6rwk to be exact. shit tyres my friend. if you can do better with my tyres then go ahead

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i now know the reason. clutch is fried. went to do the same type of launch just before and grabs middle of 1st gear then just revs and goes no where :banana: and a little bit at the top of 2nd. rest of the gears are ok. reason for my mph?

new clutch time. whats a good clutch for the power im making. dont want to limit myself either so say up to 260rwk. and need it to last.

i love the assumptions stating i dont have 220rwk. your a moron. i run a hiflow turbo on 13 psi producing 220.6rwk to be exact. shit tyres my friend. if you can do better with my tyres then go ahead

Im not a moron, nor is Adrian. Adrian has raced for a long time, and i did for a while years ago.

You get to workout via expirience what is and isnt true, its not really an assumption, its educated knowledge. :)

220rwkw is NOT 106mph, you need another 5mph at least IMO.

But yeah, slipping clutch could cause the MPH to be down if it was slipping, but sounds like its only just started?

Get it fixed and have another crack

yea it was slipping on the track definately. 1st gear would rev fine to middle of 1st then slip. my friend who was at calder confirmed it cause there was no wheelspin when i took off normally then punched it. clutch was smelling worse and worse after every run. last 2 runs were in the high 14's at 103mph.

im ordering a new clutch on monday and we'll see how it goes. getting an exedy cushioned button.

thanks for all your help people.

Clutch normally slips in the higher gears under the load of the higher gearing?!?!?!?!?!

Just to shed some light on what people are saying re mph. I went to Calder a while ago. My times ranged from 14.2 to 12.9. The mph was always 2-3mph and typically between 110-113mph with about 215-220rwkws

Im not a moron, nor is Adrian. Adrian has raced for a long time, and i did for a while years ago.

You get to workout via expirience what is and isnt true, its not really an assumption, its educated knowledge. :rolleyes:

220rwkw is NOT 106mph, you need another 5mph at least IMO.

I *know* you guys aren't morons and have heaps of experience racing, but saying "220rwkw is NOT 106mph" is ridiculous. Saying its wrong IS an assumption, and given he has a dyno plot for it - is a completely irrefutably incorrect assumption. The fact that it doesn't equate with the dyno you use doesn't change the fact it read 220rwkw on the dyno he ran it on which obviously reads different (not wrong) to what yours does.

DON'T pay too much attention to the dyno results, you're right in focussing on the trap speed as indication of the cars true power. A dyno result however isn't a completely level measuring stick for a cars true power - so you can't realistically (unless you are well used to the particular dyno) make any kind of educated guess on what trap speed it should or shouldn't do for a given power level .

Most people, with a R33GTS-t 220rwkw, run 110-111mph

So its not just 'one' result here, its a culmination of many that one can only gain from talking to people, working out thier results vs thier power.

Now, if your sitting outside the 'norm' then obviously something is either wrong or missing.

Variations should be minor across the board for things like this unless your changing the variables like weight, power and so on.

Its a good indicator (mph vs dyno) from what ive seen, and im happy to keep using it as such - this is provided the run is 'clean'.

Especially once you yourself become consistent, its a very very good gauge of things.

I could get a dyno sheet with 260rwkw on it and run 106mph - again, which is lying? The dyno. Clearly.

But - as we've now been informed, the clutch wasnt perfect, so that is a key point to note as power ISNT being transferred and is therefore a changing of one variable that effects the end result.

Could be the track surface.I had crap tyres on my 250rwkw R33 and had little wheelspin.That was a WSID.

13 flat at 113MPH with 2.0 60footers couldnt get 3rd gear all night.(practise practise practise)

i ran a 13.5@106mph with touch over 200rwkw rb20 r32, a slight amount of wheel spin but nothing to stupid...

on another note ive seen first hand a rx2 run a 10.4@110mph<please explain as when i watched the run i couldnt understand how it did it, the driver didnt back off either.

my quickest time is 13.173 @ 107mph with a 2.119sec 60ft, that is on talon triangles(cheep tyres) on r22 stock rims with tyre pressures at 16psi, i have got around 260rwhp, i rev quite high when i launch and give the clutch a hard time by keepn the revs up while trying not to spin the tyres, i have a few incar vids ill put on youtube of me at the drags and then put link on here

ive seen first hand a rx2 run a 10.4@110mph<please explain as when i watched the run i couldnt understand how it did it, the driver didnt back off either.

did he have big slicks on and get it off the line real well? depends on his gearing, his car might just be set up to boogy off the line but die in the ass at the other end

Just so it's clear, wheelspin, track prep or lack thereof or the shittiest of launch has absolutely NOTHING to do with mph. In fact, in most cases a slightly slower 60' time reults in a n extra mph put on in the top end.

i am finding it amusing that you get on here asking for help, abuse people when they give you good advise, then

turn around asking more questions. seeing that you all ready know everything. Funny. :laughing-smiley-014:

Suggest the pulling in of your head is necessary as these people have the time slips to prove it, dyno sheets mean fcuck

all mate. Your about 6mph short for a 12 and your clutch will slip in the higher gears if it was shot.

i now know the reason. clutch is fried. went to do the same type of launch just before and grabs middle of 1st gear then just revs and goes no where :) and a little bit at the top of 2nd. rest of the gears are ok. reason for my mph?

new clutch time. whats a good clutch for the power im making. dont want to limit myself either so say up to 260rwk. and need it to last.