SAU Community

2008 Greenslip Price Increase

Just recived my greenslip renewal notice for 2008 including the new MCIS levis (medicare and injury services levis)

nrma want $615.83

aami want $609.00

i usually pay $330 approx

i have a no accident history,29yo,automatic,garaged good area,60% N.C.B,etc etc

what gives?

aami said its because its an import,but i have never had this high a premium on my r32gts-turbo manual......

thats over 1K including rego and pink slip...

Just recived my greenslip renewal notice for 2008 including the new MCIS levis (medicare and injury services levis)

nrma want $615.83

aami want $609.00

i usually pay $330 approx

i have a no accident history,29yo,automatic,garaged good area,60% N.C.B,etc etc

what gives?

aami said its because its an import,but i have never had this high a premium on my r32gts-turbo manual......

thats over 1K including rego and pink slip...

thats quite strange , i had registered an evo8 in november last year, greenslip thru aami for $430

ive recently moved all the insurance for work cars over to QBE. give them a go

Strange, Just registered mine in december for $600 and Im Manual, Turbo, 22, male and live in a very bad area.. Go figure..

My insurance is 2890.. :P

Edited by DECIM8

Mines coming up so I doublechecked and it was actually down on last year.

With AAMI - $321 and my R33 is $328.

Somethings amiss with yours.

Insurance however with Shannons went up $200 with full NCB to $1800.

hey skizo,

are you sure you can definatley get that price,or was it an online quote?

i did several online and got 3 quotes for approx 300 and 4 quotes for 600+

as soon as i ring them up to confirm the $300 quotes i get 'im sorry but as its an import it will be 600''

with all the insurers online qoute systems its impossible to select our model because its an import........

I had to pay it yesterday and I rang them up to confirm and it was $321. But I do have a sedan. I called them up when I got the car initially as that model wasn't in the online system yet.

I just tried to get an online quote from AAMI and something strange - I couldn't get a quote for any skylines!

I called up again today(no wait time, love it), just to doublecheck and the lady was very nice and explained to me everything. I am covered no worries eveything matches up. I asked for a quote on a 350GT Auto coupe. With all my details it was $328. I explained to her that you guys were getting quotes double that figure and she said the only variable that would affect the cost by that much is if the car was registered for work use.

She also said AAMI has some sort of relationship with Shannons as well as me having 2 cars with them, so I get a little bit of a discount there as well. But not that much. She also said, whether it's an import or not doesn't matter as much when it comes to CTP because the government sets rough price guidelines(it is a government initiative after all) which means they can't vary the prices as much as Full Comp.

:laugh:

• 1 year later...

I just got my greenslip (NSW) renewal from QBE and it's $623. I'm 28 also live in a good area and have max NCB. Car's a 98 Skyline (turbo/manual) and I just got a quote from Allianz over the phone for $639, wtf ?

I mentioned to the lady that you got quoted $331 and she said she can't tell why that is without looking at your quote to see what the difference is. I even mentioned that your car is an older model .. Any chance you can provide me with your Allianz quote # ? If not I understand.

Since when is CTP so friggin expensive ??? It's my first time renewing CTP on the skyline and all previous cars were never more than $400. $630 for greenslip is a bloody joke!!!

Just putting my 2 cents in

26 yr, v35 2003, "just car insurance" $1464 (sister company of Shanons)

and i live in the getto of Geraldton WA

Edited by v35_Pau

we're talking about greenslip insurance (CTP/compulsory third party) which is needed to renew car rego, not the normal comprehensive insurance which comes on TOP. Maybe there's no CTP in WA or it might be included in your normal insurance like in the ACT.

Edited by Delta Force

Move to W.A. fellas... The government here was not stupid enough to privatize motor vehicle insurance, so you pay one price for greenslip + rego from the DPI (RTA equivalent).

Just got my renewal from the Gov, Will cost me $433.50 to Rego & insure my turbo skyline for 12 months. No 'pinkslip' inspection required unless rego lapses for more than three months.

Just before i left NSW i regoed my skyline then to the tune of about $1400 (610~ for greeny, 500~ for RTA & another ~300 for dodgy brothers blue slip)

Told many a horror story to Western Australians about the cost of Rego in NSW :):P

Just bought an 04 V35 350GT from a QLD'er, putting it into NSW $1300+ later...it's officially a NSW registered car. Greenslip itself was $356, not too shabby. Previous car, HSV R8 Clubsport, only $30 cheaper in terms of greenslip ...price you pay to have such a car :P

Edited by V35 350GT

• 2 months later...