SAU Community

Stagea Insurance?

Silhouette31

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you do to get a premium like that? Neither myself or my friend (who owns an imported MR2 GT-T) can get below $1800 a year with JCI.

Do you have any traffic fines like speeding or neg driving? i think that's what's hurting me, i was a bit of a rebel when i started driving.

I have never had a speeding fine or any other kind of traffic violation fine other than a parking ticket. I had one small fender bender minor acco which apparently made zero difference to the premium. I don't drive 5k's under the limit or anything but I also don't speed excessively.

I guess I've just been lucky.

When I first got the insurance with JCI I was 23 and it was just over 1k pa. Compared to skylines/soarers which were ~1500 its pretty cheap, it was one small reason I chose a Stagea over other imports.

Edited by rubba

It must be location. when I got my R33 in 2003, i couldn't get full comp for less than $4000 with JCI. it's slowly come down since then, but it's still $1800 for me now in my Stagea. I think speeding fines just determine whether or not a company wants to insure you rather than how much your premium will be. All will be revealed on the 25th when I turn 25 and can start enjoying some cheaper insurance premius.

On the topic of insurance, who's got what quote for a greenslip? i'm hunting around to see who does the cheaper greeny and AAMI is leading the charge so far at $508. i'm yet to try Allianz though.

Isurance? Shannons.

M35 250t RS Four V

Stock (but factory LOADED)

$25,000

Driving Record: 2 Speeding Fines (last 5 years)

Cost: $63 per month for fully Comp.

Is that insured as a daily drive or only weekend use?

Do you have a garage to park you car in?

These are the things that made my insurance expensive!

Cheers

Andy

my greenslip with NRMA was only $480

Can I ask again for GIO Custom Car Insurance's contact number?

2nd that for GIO custom Insurance ph number. Web page does not load and not listed in the white pages. Is this a real company? rates seem too good to be true!!!

I am with shannons as well, with 3 cars and house and contents on 65% no claim 35 yr old multi poicy discounts

My S2 with large list of mods is covered $25000 yearly policy $1208

So I rang them to see if they could do better, I changed it to being driven 1-2 days week, instead of daily use, new policy price $992 yr

I could reduce it more as the car only gets driven once a month.

Coparts41, is yours for daily use?

yep the good wife drives it most days, i have a company car so i can only have it to play.

Terminal is your car listed as secure garaged?

Mine is so that will perhaps reduce the premium.

Yeah, its secure garaged. it has a list of mods as long as a kevin rudds 'sorry' speech though, so that might be one reason.

On the topic of insurance, who's got what quote for a greenslip? i'm hunting around to see who does the cheaper greeny and AAMI is leading the charge so far at $508. i'm yet to try Allianz though.

Ian, try hitting greenslips.com.au to get a comparison. That should give you a few options and display them all together so you can compare.

2nd that for GIO custom Insurance ph number. Web page does not load and not listed in the white pages. Is this a real company? rates seem too good to be true!!!

me 3rd... I can't find them either??

Can I ask again for GIO Custom Car Insurance's contact number?

try www.gio.com.au

It lists stagea's and mods.

I tried to enter my car with sydney postcode, but I had too many mods so the online quote would not give answer without them phoning me.

Can not get GIO in queensland. It flicks you to Suncorp.

try www.gio.com.au

It lists stagea's and mods.

I tried to enter my car with sydney postcode, but I had too many mods so the online quote would not give answer without them phoning me.

Can not get GIO in queensland. It flicks you to Suncorp.

Doesn't look like they are covering the M35 yet. It is not on the list. The stagea is only there for models prior to 2001.

im insured with dga . cost was $7xx for full comp and unlimited mods. only catches are gota be 25 and has to be awd as its a 4wd only insurer. reduced my premium further buy signing up to the less than 10.000 kms a year and now paying $503. and an excess of $200 and agreed value of $18000. also has windscreen cover