SAU Community

Stagea Intercooler

MRO

i installed an R33 ARC FMIC, slightly shorter than these, bolted up to factory pipes, might just have to modify the mounting points slightly and do a bit of hacking on the front inner metal bar. But with enough skill and patience anything can be made to fit.

I don't see why it wouldn't fit because the pipes suggest that it would fit up really easily.

I'd much rather try and get this kit to work rather than their other kit which involves drilling a hole in the chassis.

Exactly what ive been looking for, thanks for putting it up. Ive ordered one, will let you know if theres any problems but i doubt it, its all in the same place.

cheers.

Good work Momo. I think it will bolt straight up but now you will be able to tell us all.

Good work Momo. I think it will bolt straight up but now you will be able to tell us all.

Morgan you will have to do some mod`s to reo bar i hav just had dumie fit of blitz & had to mod reo so good luck dude.cheer`post-36964-1205209662_thumb.jpgs chuckie.post-36964-1205209578_thumb.jpgpost-36964-1205209732_thumb.jpgpost-36964-1205209804_thumb.jpgcooler size is 360x820x70.

they look good

look to be exact same size to my Apexi cooler, exact same shape etc except mine is HALF tube'n'fin and HALF bar'n'plate

Id be getting one of these intercoolers, if you want to use the same factory holes

you'll need a couple of stainless pipes tho to go from inside engine bay to the intercooler, I used a pipe kit off ebay

edit: I didnt hack anaything, bar the plastic Dayz front bar numberplate bracket (to open it up to let max air flow thru). if you install the 'cooler on a slight angle it fits without touching the reo bar

Tangles - i thought the pipes supplied would match up to the pipes used for the factory intercooler?

Do you have pics of the Dayz bar trim up - i want to do this too as the number plate bracket seems to fill half of the opening.I was concerned it might weaken the front bumper too much and i was uncertain how i would mount the plate afterwards.

Edited by MRO

Tangles - i thought the pipes supplied would match up to the pipes used for the factory intercooler?

Do you have pics of the Dayz bar trim up - i want to do this too as the number plate bracket seems to fill half of the opening.I was concerned it might weaken the front bumper too much and i was uncertain how i would mount the plate afterwards.

oh I thought they didnt come with pipes.

nice buy if they do, thats for sure.

um, photos, none here at work

there are intercooler threads on here where Ive posted pics

just cut the dayz number plate section off (poorly cut, mind you) and bolted the number plate to the side air dam where the side mount used to be.

definately does not weaken the front area

Id like to get a small sticker number plate eventually.

DCAM0010-1.jpg

DCAM0014.jpg

DCAM0010.jpg

i mounted my plate on the bar itself just above the original holes

post-26949-1205220932_thumb.jpg

just cut the dayz number plate section off (poorly cut, mind you) and bolted the number plate to the side air dam where the side mount used to be.

definately does not weaken the front area

Tangles, where in Adelaide are you?

I'd like to have a look at your intercooler install if you don't mind.

I've got a front mount kit coming for my RS4.

:blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Greddy do a fmic made to fit the stagea just incase some of you are looking for one to fit without having to modify.

Ive ordered one myself ill get back to ya all once its installed!