SAU Community

The Ins And Outs Of Cars In Japan

m3gtr

Thats great! Yes please. That is basically exactly what im after. Year, mileage and spec. Only thing id love to know is if it has an HK stereo. Apart from that, bang on.

I do understand theres a sales fee, plus the agent fee - namely you for example - and im aware 4 mil was the starting price so id be very interested to know what it went for. Keep me in mind, would you Laurence?

How possible do you think it is to get stock listings ahead of schedule? Or is it that you just rock up and try your luck, hoping theyll have something youre looking for?

If you are serious, lets have a PM on getting this moving. We'll be able to sort something out, im sure.

Cheers Laurence. :ermm:

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Keep me in mind, would you Laurence?
I am always thinking of you :ermm:

Using the same website that Beer Baron did captures from I can search auctions, they only update it a few days in advance. But when I find a car I can post pictures like I did before.

well all auctions are only once a week so they start listing cars soon after the auction. usually though it's only really worth checking 24hrs before as by then the list is pretty compelte and all cars will have the reports. you definitely have to suss out cars you want to inspect before you head out. you need check what time it's approximately coming up so that you can order the cars you are looking at. each auction only lasts about 15 second and most places have at least 4 going at once so it's easy to f**k up and miss the car, so you need to get to the auction room in plenty of time. anyway, you don't need to worry so much about any of that. laurence will take care of all those problems, you just need to give him the dough!

It is also been interesting that lately (maybe I have just been noticing it more) people seem to "forget" to mention things on the auction sheets. So an in person inspection is always worth the trouble. Again, checking the auction sheets about a day before is best as cars get sold, pulled from auction, info gets changed, cars get added, etc, etc...

I am always thinking of you :D

Using the same website that Beer Baron did captures from I can search auctions, they only update it a few days in advance. But when I find a car I can post pictures like I did before.

awww, shucks. :ermm:

So do you accept Brie as payment? :)

Seriously but, post away if you happen across anything. I dont know what you would charge to secure the car and this is a risk for me - im sure you understand. If you were to come to Tokyo and have the time, id take care of a few things for you, if you know what i mean but id also expect a few privileges in return.

Edited by m3gtr

well all auctions are only once a week so they start listing cars soon after the auction. usually though it's only really worth checking 24hrs before as by then the list is pretty compelte and all cars will have the reports. you definitely have to suss out cars you want to inspect before you head out. you need check what time it's approximately coming up so that you can order the cars you are looking at. each auction only lasts about 15 second and most places have at least 4 going at once so it's easy to f**k up and miss the car, so you need to get to the auction room in plenty of time. anyway, you don't need to worry so much about any of that. laurence will take care of all those problems, you just need to give him the dough!

Well, It sounds like a very hectic business that ive never seen first hand. And i would need to see it first hand before i do anything else...

We can visit Pink Gojira should be fun, if we can get you in a car it will make life wonderful for everyone in this forum! :ermm: N/AR(you know that guy) will be happy.

Anyway I am on holiday until Friday so I will stop talking car auctions until I get back the land of the blossoming cherry.

We can visit Pink Gojira should be fun, if we can get you in a car it will make life wonderful for everyone in this forum! :ermm: N/AR(you know that guy) will be happy.

Anyway I am on holiday until Friday so I will stop talking car auctions until I get back the land of the blossoming cherry.

you go for it. Drop me a PM when you get back.

nice 2007 M3.

car4zl2.jpg

holy shit richard. Do you realise what these retail for in Oz??

The bloody thing sold for 65k.

retail is over 170.

The bloody thing sold for 65k.

retail is over 170.

Unfortunately it only started at 65k, and was passed in. We don't know what the reserve price would have been. They start lower than that so people can have fun pushing buttons.

5M20571121F.jpg5M20571121R.jpg

5M20571121O.jpg

Unfortunately it only started at 65k, and was passed in. We don't know what the reserve price would have been. They start lower than that so people can have fun pushing buttons.

5M20571121F.jpg5M20571121R.jpg

5M20571121O.jpg

Id love to push that button around this time next year. :P

How do you know it was passed in? It just says bidding is finished. Passed in as no one bid on it?

Because I have ultimate ninja spec USS access which ASNET doesn't have :P

It passed in at the start price, I don't know if one person bid or not.

Edited by Laurence

Because I have ultimate ninja spec USS access which ASNET doesn't have :mad:

It passed in at the start price, I don't know if one person bid or not.

cool, i see... anyways, Ill be waiting for the PM when you get back later this week. :P

Yes please get this guy a car! This is worse than Prison Break.. 4th season and still no ending.

Are they really that much cheaper? I spent 4 months searching all Auctions for my 6 and the prices vs. the unknown didnt end up worth while. I finally found a car from a dealer and took the bullet train down to Yamaguchi to purchase it. It ended up almost the same price but with 12 months warranty.

Something to factor in... the warranty. When something breaks in a Bimmer, and they do break cos they are shiet, they are costly..

Auctions are weird, to be honest I think a lot of the Ferraris and other ballermobiles go through purely on the whim of the owners. If they can make some money on them they will, but they probably don't really care about selling them.

You see the same Lorinser S65 7.2 biturbo mega-spec car getting passed in week after week, likewise with the Bentley and other cars that just don't get sold. I think they are just waiting on the day when someone with cash will pay "whatever it costs" for the car.

Just a theory I guess. But that is the only logical explanation I could think of.

p.s. LOL at buying a car from Yamaguchi... gangsta :yes:

Yes please get this guy a car! This is worse than Prison Break.. 4th season and still no ending.

Are they really that much cheaper? I spent 4 months searching all Auctions for my 6 and the prices vs. the unknown didnt end up worth while. I finally found a car from a dealer and took the bullet train down to Yamaguchi to purchase it. It ended up almost the same price but with 12 months warranty.

Something to factor in... the warranty. When something breaks in a Bimmer, and they do break cos they are shiet, they are costly..

Ahaha, well i didn't expect it to go on this long but i have had a lot of questions...on the go, you know? Prison break? At least its not LOST, lol.

BMW? Sheit? Well... dont know what to say there, I'm hoping i don't have to drive it THAT much to warrant a repair... How could something have gone wrong in the time you have owned it? I mean, the cars only 2 or 3 years old tops. I suppose buying from a dealer will add peace of mind, having a warranty will help but if an equal car comes up for less at an auction i would take a chance on it and use the money as a backup in case something did go wrong.

The more i save the better, Ken. After all, the train will be my normal mode of transport with the BM as a weekend car. And i can guess there wont be many opportunities to use the thing as a weekend car but i can always make an excuse to.

Besides you know im an alcoholic so my alcoholism wont exactly facilitate driving in a drunken stupor, or will it? I could be wrong! :yes:

(lol at the Yamaguchi gumi comment.)

Edited by m3gtr

By the way, Ken. You waited 4 months for the car...its driving me nuts after 2. Where is it going to come from i wonder?

The thing HAS to be this and it HAS to be that. No exceptions. I cant compromise on certain points...