The Ins And Outs Of Cars In Japan

m3gtr

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, me too, I definitely like it when my girlfriend is doing the Billy DVD, gives me some time to email my girlfriends and read SAU.

agreed. Then you can add time shes in the shower after the workout and theres still another workout that hasnt been finished yet...

You know im sure we can all agree on one thing...its WAY too easy to play the field..the things i could get up to if i was single...play your cards right and you could strike it lucky ever single weekend if you wanted...

A hedonists paradise..and a couple nightmare i say...

Beautiful looking car in Japan IMO but when I saw it back in Aus, looked terrible. Not sure why...

Btw, how much is the fuel in Aus today? As some may now, its gone down 25Yen here!

Edited by N/A®

As for not liking the CLS I suspect it is about context. In Melbourne I can't imagine myself pulling up the kerb in a white Lamborghini and chatting up 20year old girls with the intention of taking them to an automated sex hotel. Yet take a plane trip to Japan and it is GAME ON for that sort of thing.

Some of the lines, of the CLS like the one down to the boot are a bit clumsy and if you are in Australia maybe you just switch back into Aussie mode where an ostentatious sedoupe really seems a bit silly. The same way you would expect to be arrested for kerbcrawling.

For me however, the S65 is really the only acceptable option. I still can't get my head around a Mercedes that sounds like a NASCAR.

MG_7570.jpg

For when the Lamborghini has fouled up all the plug from idling next to the footpath.

Edited by Laurence

Okay, im looking outside the box now...

I remember many saying i should get something thats rare, not on the SEVS register and is desirable..

Then i remembered TVR.

Hows this?>

http://www.sanc-auto.com/car/index.php?act...&car_id=128

For the life of me i can only remember ever only seeing one TVR in my life and that says many things.

Opinions if you would gents, please.

Ever used the tuscan speed 6 in GT2 or 3?

Well they are here...

http://www.sanc-auto.com/car/index.php?act...&car_id=110

Man, this is tempting. Completely impractical but tempting none the less...

I only read the first and second page....

How frustrating :thumbsup::D

All these people telling you to stay away from the Euro/prestige market, but you won't open your fcuken ears.

I love your M3 calculations. First of all, you're WAY overestimating the value of an E46 M3 these days. Secondly, when I bought mine two years ago, there was a situation EXACTLY like what you described. An immaculate Silver E46 M3 coupe, private imported from England... Priced at about $20k below every other M3 on the market (about 30-40 to choose from). It remained unsold for about 6 months, at which time I bought one and stopped looking. Who knows how much longer it took to sell, and for what price.

I can tell you without a doubt that all of the posters on the first two pages are correct, in saying that people who are in the market for an $80-100k and above car are NOT going to even consider a grey import Mercedes, BMW or even Audi (well.......... maaaaybe Audi).

I just hope in the following 6 pages, you came to your senses and started looking at special, unique cars that are RARE and popular (easy to move - quick turnover) in Australia, and can only be brought in through the private import method.

No, no he hasn't come to his senses... He's now looking at TVRs.

You would have serious troubles trying to sell a TVR that was originally sold new in Australia, and now you're looking at ones to import...

This thread hurts my brain...

For the life of me i can only remember ever only seeing one TVR in my life and that says many things.

It sure does mate.

But I think the "many things" it says to me (hard to sell... very limited, high-end enthusiast market, low turnover) are different to the "many things" it says to you :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014:

There is a reason you are a member on SAU. If you are anything like most people on this forum the reason is pictured below. Make that reason yours. You will be the envy of 99% of the people here. The ghosts of your past will blur into the distance and you blast over the Rainbow Bridge next to Koichi. You can send pictures to everyone who hated on you and they will cry themselves to sleep as you lie in bed knowing that King Kong ain't got shit on you.

It is the right thing to do, you know it, you have always known it. The reason you turned on your computer was to confirm what you knew.

http://www.global-auto.ne.jp/stock/public_...hp?model=BNR34#

pic0001.jpg

http://www.g-active.co.jp/01/customer.html

02.jpg

These cars are within your budget. Buy one from any of the hundreds available on every for sale website. Every colour, every condition and every possible combination of accessories and goodies.

And it is about as girly as Rammstein so people will stop asking you "that question"

laurence mate, I have to say. you have been on f**king fire these last two days!

and you make a good case about the car too. buy a kick ass R34 GTR. look for something with a nice 2.8l kit etc. being personal import means no compliance hassle, and lots of fun in the meantime!

Fark me there some hot cars on that GarageActive website.Just goes to show there are some great bargains to be had.

If i was the Executive golf playing type.I would rather park my 34GTR in between your Audi,BMW,AMG and the like.Bet you the next round of golf there will be another 34 in the car park :)

Ive been humbled. Taken it all with a pinch of salt.

Merli, its not like I'm not listening to people, i am. You said you don't know if the car you mentioned sold after those 6 months you kept your eye on it. It very well may have but you cant confirm this. And the guy may have walked away with a big wad of notes stuffed into his designer briefcase. Then again, maybe he lost his home over it though i doubt that very much. I got the slightest suspicion that you were in fact jealous that i could get my hands on one for half the price you paid but id like to tell my self that's rubbish. I was already factoring in the wait and 6 months or more is what i am expecting more or less.

You said that i was way overestimating the prices of an M3. Please show me where. Every car i have looked at in the E46 range was priced between 80 and 120 thousand dollars. It sounds to me like you are of the opinion that no one is going to want the car. The thing is..only 1 person has to.

So mate, why don't you do me a favour and enlighten me. Please tell me what you paid for yours and why you didn't buy the grey import. I'm all ears, contrary to what you believe.

Yes, yes...TVR, what was i thinking? :)

I like the GTR. I like it very much but the bottom line of this whole exercise is to ENSURE i wont lose any money and i figured a Euro was something that would facilitate this.

Laurence, you're right when you say it's within my budget. They are. My biggest question is will it retain its value. To be more specific, they aren't exactly rare, desirable yes but rare? For some reason i can see it taking quite a while to sell.

K. Just for arguments sake, lets say i buy an R34 GTR. I pay 4million to get it on the road. shipping, taxes etc etc etc, and the car owes me upwards of 60 thousand if not much more than that.

Would it be fair to say that, at the very least, i will walk away from the car after my time with it is up and not have lost a penny? Because, if the answer is no, then it obviously isnt the desirable, rare and valuable car it needs to be to warrant its purchase.

If the answer is yes, well...i don't see any reason to wait another day to start looking for one.

I remember Nick as saying at one point that the Evolution wagon would be a good choice and i tend to agree with him. I see them regularly for around 3.5. It seems to check boxes the GTR doesn't but then again maybe this is just the idiot in me talking.

laurence mate, I have to say. you have been on f**king fire these last two days!

and you make a good case about the car too. buy a kick ass R34 GTR. look for something with a nice 2.8l kit etc. being personal import means no compliance hassle, and lots of fun in the meantime!

Yeah, he has. actually, all you guys have been super.

Im a little nervous about this, Richo. The last car i had was a P.O.S. Ken can fill you in on all the details about that one! :)

People have been telling you that a European car does not ENSURE that you won't lose any money for the last 10 pages.

Just grow a pair and buy the car you want. Stop looking to everyone else for approval.

lol, I know the ol merlin pretty well. trust me, he is not jealous of you... :)

I dont really give a stuff if he is or not, that was just a thought i had. Obviously, an erroneous one.

What about the other things i mentioned?