SAU Community

The Ins And Outs Of Cars In Japan

m3gtr

Auctions are weird, to be honest I think a lot of the Ferraris and other ballermobiles go through purely on the whim of the owners. If they can make some money on them they will, but they probably don't really care about selling them.

You see the same Lorinser S65 7.2 biturbo mega-spec car getting passed in week after week, likewise with the Bentley and other cars that just don't get sold. I think they are just waiting on the day when someone with cash will pay "whatever it costs" for the car.

Just a theory I guess. But that is the only logical explanation I could think of.

p.s. LOL at buying a car from Yamaguchi... gangsta :banana:

Dont forget to keep an eye out for me Laurence. Ill take care of ya. :yes:

Edited by m3gtr

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

god i read the comment about buying a car from yamaguchi. I got a little excited and thought for a split second it was m3gtr but then found out it was n/a . . .

so still no progress . . .

im beginning to think this is nothing more than I originally(still do) think...... a big fat pipe dream.

Well, after owning it for only 2 months, the alternator died and the Idrive had problems...

A car with less than 18,000kms..

Took it to BMW to get the stuff fixed. Came to almost $1,500 for alternator and new battery. Glad it was under warranty.

god i read the comment about buying a car from yamaguchi. I got a little excited and thought for a split second it was m3gtr but then found out it was n/a . . .

so still no progress . . .

im beginning to think this is nothing more than I originally(still do) think...... a big fat pipe dream.

Akeenan, your negativity was and still is unwelcome. :yes:

You try looking for a full spec M3 here in right hand drive that has:

1) low kays. Like under 30 thousand low.

2) an 04 or newer. 05 would be perfect.

3) heated, leather seating options.

4) harman kardon sound system option.

5) Has to be had for under 5 million yen. Period.

6) Preferably a colour other than blue, yellow or red.

7) did i mention RHD? 80% of all cars in this group are LHD.

8) an SMG is fine but a manual is perfect.

9) Books and service history is mandatory

10) Warranty highly preferable.

Now you see...its an extensive list and if i get close to that, ill be happy. Some things i can compromise on and some i wont. Thats why the thread is 8 pages and thats why im asking all these questions. Why you make a comment like that is you're own business but try to keep comments like that to yourself. This is going to take time, not like i care what you think.

I'm only looking for support and help after all, Akeenan, which you don't seem to be offering. If you would like to help and find a car like this, let me know.

After all is said and done, this thread may end up helping someone in a similar situation to myself and even if only that, its been worth it,...

Edited by m3gtr

Well, after owning it for only 2 months, the alternator died and the Idrive had problems...

A car with less than 18,000kms..

Took it to BMW to get the stuff fixed. Came to almost $1,500 for alternator and new battery. Glad it was under warranty.

Advice taken... "auction cars not covered under warranty"...

Im getting a little fed up. The M3 is hard to find and im losing hair... On the other hand, an 06 540i can be had for the same price - even less. A 2004 745Li for around the same price. grrrrrrrrrrhhhrhahah.

It is perfect... call them today, offer them your limit.

Just called em. Perfect yes, but the guy wouldn't budge. Tax in price was 5.8mil. Too much unfortunately.

Laurence do me a favour. See if you cant spot any from the auction and if you do let me know. Also please try to let me know what that M ended up at. Id be interested to see what it sold for.

Just called em. Perfect yes, but the guy wouldn't budge.
Welcome to negotiation Japanese style. It is like English, chairs and insulation, another thing Japan just hasn't worked out yet. The number of people that ask me to lowball (i.e. offer less than the start price in Q&A) on Yahoo auctions is very frustrating

Now stop looking at cars out of your price range.

I will be at your service on Saturday I guess.

Edited by Laurence

Welcome to negotiation Japanese style. It is like Enlish, chairs and insulation, another thing Japan just hasn't worked out yet. The number of people that ask me to lowball (i.e. offer less than the start price in Q&A) on Yahoo auctions is very frustrating

Now stop looking at cars out of your price range.

I will be at your service on Saturday I guess.

Ok Lorry.... ;)

I sweared it waznt too muchz. I thought my gaijin smash was surely going to work but he was obviously wearing a super titanium anti gaijin smash protection vest... bastard.

I used all my tricks..gaijin-ignorance, gaijin-insistence, gaijin-lowball, gaijin-confusion...nothing worked.

No gaijin tricks can work in this situation...

Nihonjin-air-through-teeth-sucking > Gaijin-smash

Gotta remember, Japanese people are retardedly patient and love rules. Selling something at a price is the perfect situation for them. They wait around doing nothing and follow the rules! Sort of like how most office workers work. hehehe.

Edited by Laurence

so bartering is out? Surely on a big ticket item like that prices can be negotiated?

I would have thought theyd want to move stock but it sounds like theyre quite happy for it to sit around and gather dust until it sells.

Well you can negotiate, but you both have to agree without embarrassing each other or stating your true position outwardly. Also it will take months and involve lots of expensive dinners or hours sitting in an office sucking air through your teeth and saying ちょっと a lot.

Here is what a Japanese person will do in the same situation as you

1) They will say it is too expensive, leave the showroom and say "shou ga nai"

2) They will say it is too expensive, pay the price and say "shou ga nai"

There is no reason for them to negotiate, they can't do it and they are throwing away money that someone else will pay.... eventually.

only 400,000 more than you mentioned. not much when you are in this price range.

Just buy it.

its close. But its actually 5 mil tops... That car is 5.8

I simply just dont want to stretch that far. Its been going up and up since december. First it was 3.5 and now were up to 5+

I dunno. Maybe, just maybe we can stretch it. I want the bastard to come down in price. If he budges, like 5.5...well, then maybe.

It is a very nice car... :woot: