SAU Community

Superlap Timeattack Is Ago!

giant

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Mr Penlington

Well considering your car can do a 1.04 at Wakey, it will have no problems doing a 14 or even a 13 at the GP as I think it would be much better suited to Oran compared to Wakey.

No mjor change to Loftys GTR from wakey to the GP. Did the 15 at the GP on a good track and the 1.06 at wakey on a not so good track. The car should do a 1.05 at wakey. Remember these times are done with 27mm restrictors sitting in front of each turbo!! Should be good to see this thing go once the restrictors are removed and allowed to rev past 6,000rpm. The first round of IPRA is in a few weeks at wakey and the boys at BSM have been busy tweaking the car to make it go a little better this year.

I won't rule out driving your car as the little lotus is still a question mark.

Nathan

I have been asked to drive a car in the Clubsprint class. As I am already driving a car in Open Class, will it be possible to drive both in the 2 different classes. Yes, they are 2 different cars. I was hoping that the two classes would be run seperately.

What was the ruling on getting paid professionals to drive a car? Its a whole grey area i suppose, what qualifies as a pro driver etc. But does the registered owner of the vehicle need to be the driver, or at least an employee of the workshop?

hmm are they trying to ban us again? I didn't think anyone even got around to building a competitive 4wd sports sedan anyway. Frankly if they change the rules I am happy to race it with AMRS instead. CAMS are good at not helping themselves.

As for front running pace - look at Giant's old car at Wakefield - 1.02. About the same as a taxi, and Oran Park will allow the GTR's better power to be more of an advantage.

For comparison of a slow pace, my production car has done a 1.19 at Oran Park GP. std boost 0.8bar, full weight 1500kg

Nar man that is a good question. And hot laps in the R35's :laughing-smiley-014:

Nathan,

Just a quick question - do all entrants get like a superlap shirt or something like that? lol

(stupid question I know!)

Hey Dunc

Prob is not CAMS, it is the Sports Sedan Association. I remember when I was running my Under 2 litre Sports Sedan in the mid 90's at Amaroo against 6 litre chevs. We tried to get our own Under 2 litre series just like Victoria and Queensland and NSW did not want to do it.

I still stick to my predictions with times. Giant is a mega car but still over 2 seconds slower than a V8 at wakey (2km Track) on a short track. At Queensland Raceway ( at track just on 3kms) Giant is nearly 6 seconds per lap slower than a V8. Oran is 2.6kms in length.

A 1.12 or 1.13 will win the day.

Edited by Bozman1

With the drivier thing we are going to sit down tomorrow and have a chat. For Open Class its anything goes whatever you want but for Clubsprint we are going for no Pro Drivers. I will have to talk to the guys and decide John's fate on the Clubsprint entry haha.

Mark & Russell ( giant ) are yet to get their R32 on track with its proper tuned setup all the way around QR as they were still not finished at their last outing before going to Japan so it will be interesting I think they headed out there on the weekend. Also from what I have heard their new R34 is aiming to be faster than John bowe's time at Wakefield which means a low 58 not sure if they want to do that time on semis or full slicks tho. Could be very interesting.

Edited by Superlap Australia

Hey Dunc

Prob is not CAMS, it is the Sports Sedan Association. I remember when I was running my Under 2 litre Sports Sedan in the mid 90's at Amaroo against 6 litre chevs. We tried to get our own Under 2 litre series just like Victoria and Queensland and NSW did not want to do it.

I still stick to my predictions with times. Giant is a mega car but still over 2 seconds slower than a V8 at wakey (2km Track) on a short track. At Queensland Raceway ( at track just on 3kms) Giant is nearly 6 seconds per lap slower than a V8. Oran is 2.6kms in length.

A 1.12 or 1.13 will win the day.

That's more realistic, I'm assuming Duncan was being sarcastic about being as quick as the V8 Supercars....

Any games out there with OP GP circuit on it?? Looks like its all the practice I can get.. :)

My Fate!!?!!?!?!?!

Who cares who drives what. This event is all about seeing how fast the cars will go.

What qualifies a driver anyway LOL

Who said I am getting paid. I could be doing it for the love of the sport and the event.

lol yea I know Clubsprint is all about everyday owners getting out there in their own cars tho whereas Open is more race team orientated. Anyway will see what happens in the morning because I was informed today that pro drivers are not allowed to drive in Clubsprint Class unless its their own vehicle. I am not sure how they plan on working that which is why I am having that meeting tomorrow :)

Whoever is deciding these rules Nathan better hurry up and make up there minds

Sounds like you should run 3 classes as was mentioned before.

I will just run the Lotus in both classes then as it is eligable for both :)

Chris - We are looking into shirts at the moment not sure how many yet tho and also not sure if we can have them made in time that is the big question.

Ill take one in XXXL (yeah, yeah, i need to lose the weight)

Sounds like you should run 3 classes as was mentioned before.

+1 :) (but i know it wont happen for this round)

really good to see some interest in this event, i hope it's really good fun!

marks run 1.40 flat at ec in two lap stint there, and should go about 1.5 to two sec's quicker there , as that was before engine and suspension changes.

i have no idea what the r32 will run at OP as we have never even seen it before except on tv, :)

pretty sure the r34 wont be ready for the first superlap as so much to do and havent got the chassis back yet!

i just cant wait to get down there and mix it up with you guys and have some fun. the twenty minute session format really does help add to the fun and getting right in that time! and that 20 minutes dissappears so quickly if you have a drama!!

hoping to get down there next month and get round the track!

knocked a half a sec off our QR sprint time today to 52.9(on two lap stint), mind you on slicks for the first time , so mark never got use to them as there is proably another second and a half in them. which is just amazing. we are preparing for the gatton streets sprints up here this weekend.

cheers russ

That's more realistic, I'm assuming Duncan was being sarcastic about being as quick as the V8 Supercars....

Any games out there with OP GP circuit on it?? Looks like its all the practice I can get.. :)

The V8 Supercar race driver games on PS2/PC etc have Oran GP on it. it'll at least give you an idea on layout. :cheers: