SAU Community

Central Queensland Motorsport

digsy_20

Hey guys just a little bit of a chit chat area for all the CQ and beyond guys to chat (nicely) about all forms of performance... everyone is welcome to comment and all are welcome to bring up current events and pressing issues... Welcome again and I hope you enjoy

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey... did everyone know that at the end of the August there is a Club sprint- saturday and Drift Meet- Sunday at the Ipswich Raceway... It should be a awsome weekend and we already have plans to have a few cars entered... hopefully pete will have his rev monsta back together... and the Cefiro is just begging to be driven hard at a track meet... at the moment it looks like we will head down Friday and home monday. For anyone interested contact Jay or myself and we will get you exact dates and we will hopefully be able to convoy down... It should be an interesting trip down anyway... oh... and expect a stop at Broadwater Carpark for a perve...

the rumour on the street is that at the next test and tune at benaraby we might have some double GTR action... although I think rick should reconsider and go down as well... Willo vs Dev vs Rick... now that should be neat to watch... top entertainment as far as the FRIs go... actually I think if we all hit the scene a bit we could make a fairly good impact on the Drag Scene at Benaraby... as long as the camary wagons don't beat us!!! that must have been annoying to all the Import racers that weekend... an auto Camary wagon taking home the win... anyway we might have to put a stop to that...

Another question for all... Does anyone know if there is a Skyline getting around Rocky using Nitros... A mate from the Automatic Shop told us that they filled a bottle (the automatic shop fill Nitros bottles : shamless plug ) for a guy in a four door Skyline that was headed to the Drags... now take this as a ruff description because he called it a GTR... but then said he didn't know that there were skylines other than GTR's... so if anyone knows if there is a Skyline running NOS on the weekend... or what times he/she ran... please post your info...

Anyways guys any info on upcoming events and action can be put in here... so have fun and don't be scared to tackle tuff issues in this site... just be prepared, and have your facts firmly based with books/sites to back you up... other than that it is free for all...

he he... I think your Val might need some bigger sidewalls to get the traction action happening... 18" wheels smoke like no tomorrow... I'm almost through a set of Nankangs already... it is a downer... they are cheap but still a little more expensive then 16" Feds...

Hey... I'm getting my Intercooler soon... he he he... that is me giggling like a little girl...

it'll be nice going as quick in the day as in the night...

oh... and the microtech might happen one day soon... I was running ok MPH and hopefully with a good traction run... a good tune, including microtech install (happening by my Bundy Mate as soon as the cooler kit happens) aiming for a 12... although it'll be harder than it sounds... and then the real fun begins...

actually talking of fun I heard that a certain big dollar GTR got it's arse handed to it by one very budget SR20 in a Stanza... that's what I hear anyway...

aparently Theo got chopped big time by the Stanza of Glen Hooper... you all know of Glen... he has the $4000 stanza and is a Microtech Wizz Kid... It definatly puts the big dollar GTR to shame... although I'm tipping the Stanza isn't quite as Circuit friendly as Theo's GTR... imagine trying to stop a Stanza from 300 Kph.... scary thought in my mind...

Hey Jay... stop being a girl and lets get this Cefy drifting!!!

oh... and 18" wheels..... NICE... but I might have to get some 20's to keep infront of you common folk.... even rick has 18's... what is the world coming too...

Originally posted by digsy_20

Hey Jay... stop being a girl and lets get this Cefy drifting!!!

And during our little play the other night the only driver not to spin was???

What GTR's have you got down that way? any serious ones or just stockers? Came through rocky about 6 weeks ago on a thursday night after getting some work done to my skyline on the gold coast , just about every car there was racing at the lights near our motel and I thought townsville was bad!

Hi everyone, just a update on what's going on with this Motokhana. The cost for the day is over $100 and so really too expensive however I am trying to organise some interested people to come down and spectate and show support so that when we run another one up here at Gracemere it will be at a cheaper cost.

It sucks, I won't be able to make it to the test and tune on the 16th. I was really looking forward to it but I need to do some CAMS training down in Gladstone instead.

Oh and having a head cold really SUCKS!:(