SAU Community

Central Queensland Motorsport

digsy_20

Hey shauno are you going to head back down the drags to the test and tune? it would be good to see you get a few good runs in...

Actually are you chasing a intercooler kit?? Squizz found a really good price for a full kit... I think I had better grab one... if your interested we can order in bulk... cut shipping down...

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah maybe if i had money i woud get a front mount......

but yea things might be looking up ive got a second interveiw to an assitant managers position on monday so yeah maybe a front mount is on the cards.

I have finally got my car back together and i mean finally after you know around three weeks of my 180 playing rocket ship ( sorry but it looked lik e a rocket ship sitting a foot off the ground with no wheels. BUt yeah all jokes aside its the MONKEY HES BACK!!

MAybe in the future i'll look at running at the drags again but for now i'm just gonna resist the temptation to drive at all therefore when i get my licence back i might actually drive how do you say drive it like normal people do.

BUt yeah thats my little post stay sideways and rub in the fact that i can't drive. No no really i can't drive i want to i just can't

Actually if anyone nows of anyone that wants a 180 swing them my way ive got plan plans for a certain car thats for sale in the paper at the moment

PEACE

Originally posted by RallyMad

Correct me if I'm wrong (which I probably am) but don't Daikin make some awesome clutches?  Although I think they're european.  

Daikin Clutch is a subsidiary of EXEDY Corporation, meaning there Japanese ...... they mainly do clutches for japanese cars, I'm telling you this because I was told I need to learn facts, but i guess your just saying your opinion, and I'm not allowed to have one of those ... so ofcourse your right an I'm wrong ....

depends on your age, how much money you have, how much you want to spend on insurance, but with insurance you can always do the dodgey way and insure it under your parents name. Personally I'd go the silvia its rwd and they come in turbo. their both worth around the same now too as SR20DET silvia's are now like 8 or 9 grand for a very basic stock manual one. Just depends what you want from a car, do you want FWD or RWD?

Id prefer a RWD so i can get used to RWD before a skyline. Since its me first car i only have between 7-8 grand and i wont have much to spend each week cause id prob only have a part time job im just concerned about gettin a turbo because of maintanience etc. If anyone has owned either of the cars just let us know if u like it and the sorts of costs thanks. oh and i only really want basic stuff from the car im not after huge power just somfin to beat my mates :D Hes prob gettin a crappy hyundai tiburon lol

Ah yes the Hyundai tiburon a formidable race machine even in standard form.

You might be able to get onto a cheap NA silvia for around that 7-8 grand pricerange,

But for that kind of money i think you would be pushing it to get a turbo.

SSS or Silvia you should be able to beat your mates car.

Both a nice cars.

Good luck with whatever you get.

Just letting you know that Dev wants to plan a big cruise to the Beach on next Sunday... this is open to all... we will meet at One O'clock Sunday Afternoon at the Post Office at Shopping Fair... That is the Shopping Fair Carpark closest to musgrave street...

It will be open to all vehicles however imports are preferable as otherwise you might not keep up... he he...

So would anyone be interested... maybe even some Gladstone people might be keen for a rocky- yeppoon cruise to meet some new friends??

Last weekend we had a good cruise... although only just a few close mates and not well advertised we had a good collection of cars... Including a 33 GTR, A31 Cefiro, VR Clubsport, a brand new (read: days old) Commodore R8 and of course the dirty "Q with Boost"...

we were then joined by a few others down in Yeppoon including Rick with his GTR, jeremy and jamien with there FJ20 Bluebird... Jeffro's GTS-4 and a mixture of Kaos R32's... It was really fun and again it is welcome to all... preferably instead of meeting up at the beach we should all cruise down together...

So once again I am calling all Import heads in Central Queensland to come for a Supercruise at the above location on Sunday 5/8/03 from Rocky to Yeppoon and back again... via some import friendly roads...

all cars and people welcome...