SAU Community

Central Queensland Motorsport

digsy_20

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey holdens_r_better

A really good place to find good quality imports is through www.prestigemotorsport.com.au

and why don't you just get your skyline straight up... there are some good used examples on there... particularly R32's that come under the 15 yrs import rule... If you need more information don't hesitate to email me at

[email protected]

I don't sell cars but I can hopefully put you on the right track and give you some really good contacts down south...

At the moment the car I'm thinking that you might like is a

GTS-4 R32 in Wine Red... it has a few minor mods but is very close to standard engine wise... which is a good sign as it hasn't had the crap flogged out of it... and the best part is you get a turbo 5-speed with 4 wheel drive for 8,400 plus ORC... now that is good buying...

and it is the perfect base for a really really hardcore performance vehicle... or just a cruise car to beat your mates Hyundai... no matter what the weather conditions...

If you have 7-8 grand I would save just a few more bucks and get something like that... It would kick a SSS or Silvias butt anyday... and then all you need is a few tiny mods like a VG30 Turbo and a Hybrid intercooler ( now those we can help you find) and tunable engine managment and you are running 13's all day come rain hail or shine... and although some might laugh at a genuine 13 sec street car... see what around gladstone can beat it in a run from the lights... there is nothing like the traction of a 4 wheel drive to get you moving quickly on the street... I bet you would put many 12 sec 2 wheel drive cars to shame due to the fact that their times are run on slicks... you don't need them...

only problem is that there will be no Dorifto in your life... and that is a shame...

So if Skylines and Drag racing is your thing... don't buy a car in the middle... just go and buy it... they are getting good prices at the moment...

the moral of the story is to look around... and maybe try to get what you really want straight up so you aren't wasting money on the wrong car... anyway there are always heaps of options... and always look at all options before making a final decision...

have fun guys

stay safe

don't let the drift bug bite...

Originally posted by Low Vc in da house

Ah yes the Hyundai tiburon a formidable race machine even in standard form.

You might be able to get onto a cheap NA silvia for around that 7-8 grand pricerange,  

But for that kind of money i think you would be pushing it to get a turbo.

what are you blind? 15 y.o import is the way to. Go to some japanese website and calculate the costs there quite a few sr20 converted (from ca) silvias over there that come out to around that figure, the japs love their sr20 and put them in anything ...... as for one here in australia yes people do charge the earth for non turbo silvias, thats why you import :D

It depends on your lifestyle I reckon...are you a good saver...do you prefer a 34...could you hack a small craper for know...insurance...it goes on.

sit down do a pro's and con's list and go for what you think.

Is there correct answer to that? Who is the best? what goes up to make the best? Each car has its own good points. Speed doesn't necessarly means its a good car - although it helps in the decision. As for the fastest right now I would have to say, willos would be, but we're yet to find out as he's yet to race rick, but i'm guessing he would win. There are two very bombed skylines being built atm though. One's from Emu Park, not sure of the exact details of it, all I know is its still in adelaide being worked on and its meant to be bombed. The other is Garth's black r33 gts-t .... It's going to be a lag miester but when it hits boost its going to hual ass. then you've got Jeremy's old R33 which has down mid to high 11s in the past, by the sounds of it still has a future. Will see what comes in time though, no doubt with the popularity of them more will come.

Hi everyone,

The R32 GTR from Emu Park is indeed back, although I'm not sure what exactly has been done with it.

The Motokhana in Gladstone is also on this Sunday 3/08/2003, so unfortunately it looks like I'll miss most of you guys attending, oh well, I won't know until Thursday whether it is on or not. But when I know I will post in here. If it is bitumen I will be attending, if anyone is interested in coming down and spectating let me know (although obviously I know actually driving your own car at a cruise would probably be much better). :D

Oh well, talk to you all soon:(

Originally posted by ricknismo

bring a jumper and we'll do parilla as well.

I was dishartened to hear a prospective  ballistic local GTR will be leaving to brissy. (willo)

ah well sciby and the 3 litre will have to compensate.

Well, I suppose I could put it in the boot for now. It will be a little while before the 3L is in.

I suppose if it was in the boot now, the car would be a 5.5L single turbo. *thinks* RB55QET?