SAU Community

Central Queensland Motorsport

digsy_20

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually what I really need from all you internet heads is a little bit of info on 4.5 Ltr Petrol GU Patrol Motor... I need a wiring diagram of the ignition system... in particular the wiring of the distributor... It is a CAS/distributer in one with the coil packs in built... it has 8 pins on the distributer and we are not sure which wire is which... anyone got any skills to find me the info... We are getting really close with the Big Patrol... We have even changed to a High mount Custom JC Performance Engineering manifold...

just that CAS to go and we have all systems go... oh... except we have to finish the custom plenum too... You skyline boys all think a 3 ltr bottom end is the go... we reckon if your gonna do it... go 4.2... do you reckon we could fit a 4.2 in a GTR??? maybe brocky cutter would be the best man to ask that...

anyway the moral of the story is can someone please get me the ignition diagram of a 4.5 Petrol GU Patrol... thank you...

Tyler... still playing are we...

I am thinking of racing... but I haven't changed the Silvia since last time so there isn't much point... maybe I could aim for a bit more traction and we could sort out a lower time with the same power... but it really isn't worth it...

I'm thinking I'll just wait for the intercooler and the Microtech and come out and set a good time... I need to get my act together because Pete and Tone are beating me at the second... I can't let that go on for too long... I might even quite imports and head back to MOPAR MUSCLE... (that's a Valiant all you Bogans... )

But tyler it could happen if I get excited...

there are still quite a few cars going from the Spank Stable... including Sciby and Dev... I'm trying hard to get Tone there too... but we'll see...

It should be good to see Rick hit the track again... I am keen to see those no. fall... a T51R and I think Theo has got troubles Rick... I think you should Max out your credit card... don't listen to Sciby rambling in the paper...

Dan I still reckon it would be interesting to compare your car with a full exhaust and cat in...thats what I'm doing this time...It will probably go slower but hey I'm just experimenting.And anyway its a good excuse to cut some burnouts Dan...oh I miss that.

c'mon cut a 2nd gear smoke churner....for me!!!

Hmmm... I could be talked into a bit of a skid...

don't know about the exhaust though... you really need it off just to hear the car... I don't actually think I got any performance out of... but when you are racing a 10 second Ford Capri you can't hear anything with an exhaust on... But I would like to run again due to the fact it is cooler and when I was actually getting a 13.7 at the end of the day I had blown the tips off my spark plugs... crappy Denso Plugs... I've got NGK Iridiums now... So I don't know yet... just I'd rather save and get my microtech in so that it is tuned... Still slightly worried about the NA computer handling the boost... I swear the MAP sensor must be very confused cause no NA should have +ive figures...

I'd rather watch this one... and pit for Sciby and Dev... they might need some spanners spun or something like that... but we will see... hopefully there cars will be as reliable as the Silvia was... I didn't put a spanner on it the entire day... the only reason I lifted the bonnet was to let a bit of heat out...

Although I did do some slight tyre pressure mods by the end of the day... those Yokahama 008's were really hard... obviously because they are a track tyre... and I had alot of trouble getting them hot enough to actually get any traction... So I ended up doing a good skid on a little less than 8 PSI... it started to work but the biggest gains I made were through the cooler air in the afternoon... I really want to run at a night meet... but oh well it won't matter soon as my intercooler rocks up... just didn't order it early enough... but I might have it for the drags...

I'm pretty keen to see how everyone else goes...

this is my thoughts...

Dev - 12.9 @ 106

Sciby - 13.9 @ 104

Cosmo - 13.2 @ 108

Rick - 12.2 @ 108

anyone I missed?? don't take this as offensive... I just like playing guess the times... I'll put a cookie on it that I am pretty close...

(hopefully everyone will go lower )

Oh yeah and incase anyone is wondering where the FRO mobile is it is off the road with a crook throw out bearing... I hate front drives to work on... whole motor comes out to do a throw out bearing... Cheap though... he should have the bits Monday (tyler asked before) So it should be back pretty soon... I was trying to talk him into a big clutch though... probably a Nicks... is a 5 puck too nasty in a front drive? What about CV's lasting... or do you just not worry about little things like reliability in a front drive?

Anyway we are off to the beach for our regular little cruise...

better go and see that Rick guy... try to give him some tips on how to dip down into the 11's...

actually one more question

is GTiR boy running at the Drags....

should be interesting to see how he does against the GTR's...

Dev's more so than Ricks... although Dev will get there one day (when Cort allows it!! )

I had a play with Dev on thursday night on that cruise we had...

bulk quick... looks very impressive... actually the funniest thing is that it tricks the Altessa and smokes the front wheels... does yours do that Rick?

Maybe we might have to line the GTiR against Dev?

Actually it would be interesting to see the Tone race the GTiR too...

Don't get me wrong I don't know the guy and I am not trying to pick on him but he is just a good place to set Tones Goals on the street because a 13 second 4WD is super fast on the street... (although I guess a 12 second 4WD is better eh Rick)

Would be pretty awsome to have a 2WD that quick... It would require heads more HP... look at Big Bill with his XD 12.4 at 118 MPH... that is 500 HP and Rick beats Bills street time with only 108 mph... but that is the Joys of new 4WD toys... you got traction so you don't need as much HP

how do people drive 12 second front drives... CRAZY!!

come on Sciby show some back bone... I know what my Silvia runs and I know that you aren't that far off it... I think you will just have to get used to racing on the strip... traction on street tyres sucks at a drag strip... I get my launch on the street than I do on the strip... and you see it time after time after time, new comers sitting on the limiter doing massive skids and running 2.8 60 ft times... it requires some smarts to get a street tyred car off the line...

although Dev don't listen to that... limiter... launch... that is all I have to say... If I don't hear it poping on the limiter you aren't trying hard enough...

I'll see you all soon for a cruise to the beach...

Sciby are you coming??

Dev's little Bro just got a 33 four door... we have to break it in...

We might even have to get it BoostN ... sorry i meant bostn.. damn i mean boosting

anyone got a RB25 turbo manifold laying around... we can do the rest... maybe even a JC Engineering tricked up Auto... just the thing for a drag 4 door...

see ya

no cruise for me, mum's b'day, but I'm taking her for a drive to the beach, so will probably see y'all and wave and beep and give the finger, etc.

Might be a 25 manifold sitting around spare soon... give it a couple of months.

Originally posted by digsy_20

come on Sciby show some back bone... I know what my Silvia runs and I know that you aren't that far off it... I think you will just have to get used to racing on the strip...

It should be fine, but it's a psychological trick. I give myself a very realistic target, then beat it, then I'm giddy for the rest of the day.

Originally posted by Nissan = Good

Sounds like a plan scibs. I'm piss nervous already. Hopefully xxxx will pull through with the hardware we need for geano's afterwards. Anyway see you bithches this arvo

thats funny big fella because i seem to remember u saying somthing on another, soon to be more popular thread.

"Dude I'm a victorian and now i can get out of the place. I think all the sunshine and heat does wierd shit to your brain. Either that or it's that nasty wee wee they drink up here called xxxx.

. . .

Keiichi Tsuchiya is the second incarnation"

"swish"