SAU Community

Dump Pipes

200zRRR

I know Speedworks have recently gotten in some great low priced one piece dump and fronts or separate (depending on what you require). Available in stainless or mild steel.

Ive got a mild steel one of these on my car and I cant complain.

They are all the single pipe type (eg: no separate wastegate pipe). You can find Speedworks in Carbon Ct, Ozzy park.

Red17

• 4 weeks later...

i had mine done at Quick fit exhausts in morley, was under $300 for mild steel 1 piece for the r33

i ordered a 1 piece one from batmbl for the 200sx and that was sweet as and cheap as and quickfit had no problems installing it at all, so his option is looking pretty good and he sends it quick smart

Im looking for a dump-only. I already have a trust front pipe...

is this easy to fit myself ? anything to watch out for ?

Recommendations for a SINGLE dump ? none ofthis dump-front crap!

Originally posted by Strich9ine

is this easy to fit myself ? anything to watch out for ?

it's too easy, but use crc and give it time to seep into the bolts on the turbine housing otherwise you'll be up for fixing those, which can be costly if they can't get to drilling the bolt out without taking the turbo off

Originally posted by Strich9ine

Recommendations for a SINGLE dump ? none ofthis dump-front crap!

partitioned dump pipe, maybe with ext venting gate for maximum flow, zero turbulance

screamers on stock turbos leak, trust me mine is leaking so i bought a replacement off simon at works $250 not seprated wastegate just a one piece dump ;) looks good definately getting rid of screamer :)

adrian :)

they can't leak dude unless something is ***d on the turbo actuator side of things

all it is is where the wastegate comes out, it separates that flow from the turbine wheels flow

has nothing to do with whether it leaks or not

Yeah, the dump from the WG shouldnt meet the main exhaust, and therefore it shouldnt be a problem. Dont swap back to a single pipe, as that is what u replace it for in the first place - to reduce turbulence.

200zRRR: Go for a dump with seperate WG and main exists, whether its a screamer or not. The pipes shouldnt meet until they get to the front pipe, to reduce turbulence. Good luck finding the right one.

My standard one is sitting in the carport about to get thrown in the bin. Looking at the pipe you will notice that the wastegate comes out and meets a wall at the back of the flange. provided you can rectify this and increase the flow diameter, you should have no trouble with a dump which d.n. have a separate screamer pipe - provided you are running a stock turbo.

I have a friend who could use this dump as a template and knock one out for VERY cheap. anyone interested pm me.

my pipe goes in the bin on friday.

sorry guys, but it is indeed very hard to exactly match the partition for a stock turbo screamer pipe, this is why most do leak :) the main exhausts gases are leaking through the wastegate pipe it does have a seperator plate but most of them don't sit flush between exhaust outlet and wastegate outlet so this is the reason why mine is leaking, and i am changing it coz it sounds just a tad gay :D

adrian :)

Precisely the reason I went with a big single pipe because it was just too hard to find a dual pipe design that looked decent, short of buying a HKS. To be honest i dont think theres a whole lot wrong with big singles, theyre ALOT better than stock.

Red17

As I've said on in this forum several times before, after I fitted a single piped dump and 3" front pipe my boost spoolup dropped from 3500 to 2600rpm, only gained about 10HP peak but the difference on the road with the car spooling up faster is huge. Although there is nothing like a big turbo kicking in and putting you back into the seat like my trusty td06 :D