SAU Community

Hks Fuel Cut Defender

bbenny

Hey Guys,

I have had some issues with my car as even any mild boost upgrade causes my car to hit its boost cut.

So I am going to install a HKS FCD to my 97 series 1 stagea. But i cant seem to find anywhere which model I need to use...

Can anyone help me with this?

I would also love it if anyone had the ECU pinout too!

Thanks for any help or info guys,

Ben.

HKS and NENGUN lists 3 types:

STD type pressure sensor supervision types

Type H hot wire type air flow meters

Type K3 Karmann type air flow meters

http://www.nengun.com/hks/fuel-cut-defencer

Stageas and Skylines, hot wire airflow meter, Type H.

Are these FCD's variable resistors to reduce the voltage of the AFM at high revs ? if so, sounds a little dangerous without dynotuning.

Sounds like there is a bigger problem if it is hitting boost cut so soon, possibly consider an APEXI AFC /dynotune to get your mixtures (and AFM voltages) right. My AFC reduces the AFM signal by around 12% at high revs which keeps me well clear of 'boost cut' as well as the extra hp through better air/fuel mixture.

Security tip: those with AFC Neo's, leaving your car unattended for a while, change your 'Air flow meter type' to 'Karmann' from 'hot wire', won't start or run.

Great! thanks for that Chook. and yes it will be tuned on a dyno, I also hav an SAFC II that i will be installing. I was unsure whether that would be sufficient by its self. With my R32 i would still have boost cut issues with the SAFC II installed....

yeah and you might still have with the stagea ecu it allows less margin than the r33 ones does. but for now just try the safc it is smarter than an FCD. If you still have trouble you will need to go full computer

Are the RB25 AFM's adjustable like on the RB30 (Aussie spec') ones? I think they have a series adjustable resistor or something.