SAU Community

Sau Racing League

GTRgeoff

First of all, no chat about platforms or obvious ports from platforms. They are not "Sims" but are Games. This for PC simulations only. I'll simply have the dribble cleaned out if you can't stay on topic.

Hey guys and gals. I've been looking at the number of Sim racers on here and I think it's time to conduct some online racing amongst ourselves. No sheepstations or anything but I'm keen just to have some organised racing without the usual internet randoms that keep trying to screw stuff up or wanting to drift.

So I'd like to see who is interested, what games you have or recommend including mods to the game and then we'll start with a few basic races, ad-hoc sort of thing before progressing to a league with a weekly race for championship points.

No platforms and no ports so that rules out the Race Driver/V8SC rubbish and their like. But post up what you have and like.

I have:

GTR

GTR 2

Grand Prix Legends

rFactor

Live for Speed

And I have a number of older ones. Not interested in oval track Nascar or F1, but I'll give it a try now and again for some variety. In fact the League could have us racing crappy FWD bangers one week, F1 style the next and heavily modded sports class the next to really shake us up. The only prizes are bragging rights. Anyone caught cheating or trying to ruin it for others will be kicked and not invited back. That includes jumping sand traps and such. No computer assists either. No ABS, traction or stability control. This is natural driving for the sheer skill and fun of it. Make sure you aren't running a lag monster ISP connection for your own enjoyment and for others.

Also if you feel like a random race just post up for interest, pick a time to allow others to get organised and get it rolling. It would be great for practice sessions and setup sharing too.

Let's go racing. direct email is president at sauqld dot com or skype is geoff.williams89 if you want a quick contact for an online race.

I would be interested in a few races. I don't do to many laps in the racing games anymore.

I have

GTR

GTR2

GT Legends

I have only done a few races online recently as i don't have a working steering wheel at the moment, so if you don't mind someone keyboarding it ( more likely to make a bit of contact) then I'm in

and as soon as GTR Evolution is out in a month i will have that :thumbsup:

MSN : [email protected]

I'm in Geoff, just have dig around and find my games but I think I have a couple on your list. If not, they can't be that costly anymore.

Which one do you recommend as best for a mediocre level player??

rfactor and gtr2 would be the ones ud want dave, as gt legends is a bit on the insane side, caus the steering is very 'realistic'

u can actually buy a twin pack with gtr2 and gt legends for about $50 off ebay

rfactor is my favourite, but gt legends or gtr2 is not far behind

i get all my mods for rfactor here - rfactorcentral.com

rfactor and gtr2 would be the ones ud want dave, as gt legends is a bit on the insane side, caus the steering is very 'realistic'

u can actually buy a twin pack with gtr2 and gt legends for about $50 off ebay

rfactor is my favourite, but gt legends or gtr2 is not far behind

i get all my mods for rfactor here - rfactorcentral.com

the only mod i have for Rfactor is the Gallardo mod (and the only reason i had the game)

if you go over to (you have to join to download)

http://www.nogripracing.com/files.php?maincat=6

there are plenty of Aussie tracks on there. Half of my laps in game have been done around Sandown

I am happy to race with/against you. I have all of the above mentioned games. I personally think Live for speed is the most realistic to date. I have the relevant "sharing friendly" version updated to the latest version. So if people need it just let me know.

Cheers

Pete

the only mod i have for Rfactor is the Gallardo mod (and the only reason i had the game)

if you go over to (you have to join to download)

http://www.nogripracing.com/files.php?maincat=6

there are plenty of Aussie tracks on there. Half of my laps in game have been done around Sandown

Live for speed is always a good starter. Very easy to setup for a quick online session as well.

I got a G25 as well, they were a great price on Deals Direct. All I can find of my Logitech MOMO is the wheel, no idea of the location of the pedals and transformer. Stinking removalists. Still finding stuff missing and they only paid us 14K for lost gear.

• 2 weeks later...

i have LFS and a driving force pro that i dont us due to my table being to large to clamp it onto

so i use a gamepad

still load it up from time to time i have the full S2 license

nice ?? did you model it

does GTR2 have drift mods ive been drifting a little in LFS lately

thing i liked about LFS was it is easily skinable

im pretty sure i had GT legends too but will have to look in my box of unplayed games :w00t: in the shed

are then any mods for GT legends

nice ?? did you model it

does GTR2 have drift mods ive been drifting a little in LFS lately

thing i liked about LFS was it is easily skinable

nah its not one of my models, been busy trying to work on getting a contract with a manufacturer to produce their models :wave:

GT legends would be a good game to start off with as their are some pretty easy cars in there to drive

• 1 month later...

Ive also got GTR2

Would like to maybe hop online with a few people to race.

Personal Fav on GTR2 is the Ring

Actually thats probably about the only track i race on. Either way if anyone would like to add me to MSN or what not feel free to and we can hook up a game.