SAU Community

Nismo Proto Gtx-1 2500r

malcolm

If this is not the 'original' car and is simply Malcolm's 'vision' on what the 'original' car 'may' have looked like, how can it be worth any more than a clean '93 GTS-t?

Hi there ! :banana:

Funny what you miss sometimes !! :)

Anyone for an extremely tidy and very well built R32 GT-R with a heap of bolt ons new paint and blue stripes !??

Should as its not newer than a '94 model pay $20K

Cheers malcolm :banana:

http://www.andrewho.com/misc/fake/malcolm_2004.jpg

not missing anything...this photo above is of a clean R33 GTS-t...thats in my opinon and many others worth around $20K

just because you have chosen to affix some stickers and badges on it does not make its value $80K more

rare vehicles are such due to the fact their authenticity can be varified....for example a GT-HO phase 3 is worth $500K-$900K a GS falcon mock-up no matter how mint/clean is worth a small fraction of that amount.

see ya next Saturday :banana:

Edited by DiRTgarage

http://www.andrewho.com/misc/fake/malcolm_2004.jpg

not missing anything...this photo above is of a clean R33 GTS-t...thats in my opinon and many others worth around $20K

just because you have chosen to affix some stickers and badges on it does not make its value $80K more

rare vehicles are such due to the fact their authenticity can be varified....for example a GT-HO phase 3 is worth $500K-$900K a GS falcon mock-up no matter how mint/clean is worth a small fraction of that amount.

see ya next Saturday :blush:

Hi there Paul :blink:

The above response to your original comment is not to be taken seriously. I was simply pointing out how easy it is to say anything or something on here. Just thought id "match" your quote and "have a light hearted dig." - your speciman id say easy up to 55K & thats with no special history that would add to it !

I completely agree with you as far as authenticity - putting an HDT sticker on the back of your mums lime green Sunbird Hatchback does not turn it into an SLR5000 !

We're talking about something quite different here as i pointed out in my PM to you.

No Skyline in Australia will ever be worth the kind of money that the Phase 3's command.

I fully appreciate your thoughts are based on what information you believe in at hand to date. Which i fully respect as faith in anything is bound by criteria that is personal to the individual making the decision. We all need to be true to our own beliefs. No different to me fully appreciating AdamsR33 who has made his decision based on his own personal criteria on information at hand to date. This is not to say that either of you if presented with differing information in hand to date that changed your current view would be bound by being true to your own beliefs and review your appraisal accordingly. :ninja:

It would be interesting to know for example both yours and adams 2 answers based on having that authenticity "credited" & "discredited" as youve both come up with hugely differing results while both working with exactly the same information at hand to date - very interesting indeed ! :)

I personally believe in what i have believed in all along which has NOTHING to do with monetary value as ill NEVER recover the money i have spent on it from a sale of even $80K or more. :)

Look forward to seeing you soon at perhaps your tune day or the charity drive for a chat ! :) - got any other hobbies !? :) :) :)

Cheers malcolm :)

Edited by malcolm

No Skyline in Australia will ever be worth the kind of money that the Phase 3's command.

Good thing though the market for GT's is coming to a slow. And the only skyline close would be the gibson skylines.

Aussie delivered 32 GTR's will be the next desirable collecter...but yeah, cannot see them going heaps high in value just yet.

GT replica's these days go for around 20k to 50k but I still cannot see the value of this 33 going for alot unfort.

I personally believe in what i have believed in all along which has NOTHING to do with monetary value as ill NEVER recover the money i have spent on it from a sale of even $80K or more

Same with 90% of the modified cars here on the forums. No one ever gets back what they have spent. No one gets their cars insured for what they have spent either.

If this is not the 'original' car and is simply Malcolm's 'vision' on what the 'original' car 'may' have looked like, how can it be worth any more than a clean '93 GTS-t?

Hi Ben :blush:

With the info. i have in hand to date its a nismo demo car. Every number correlates and matches between car & paperwork. Two of the nismo I.D. plates attached to the car that are the most "telling" ive never shown anyone or disclosed their location - might have to now i guess!! :blink:

Some of the guys got a bit carried away with "visionary" - does sound a bit wierd !! I am satisfied (& im a fussy you know what) that ive precisely followed the info.

The very first question i had to answer was why so little had been achieved in comparison to what had been noted as pending ? - it was suggested being an accountable commodity it was after being shelved refitted with its orig. parts and entered the market place still having attached to it & in it evidence from its journey. No dealer anywhere is going to remove build plates from a car thats clearly going to add appeal to its sale. It still had a jap. battery in it & the orig. factory brand that could though i doubt be the factory fitted one - so no one would have ever found the items up there behind the boot lining behind the back seat. :ninja:

At present its comprehensively insured at an "agreed" sum many times that of the value of a tidy GTST - & as far as TWEEK is concerned its the "BEST IN SHOW" which should make its insured value the highest in the country !? - if he's right that is. :)

confusing thread.

answer this.

Would you say that you have insured your car under false claims?

if your car is insured for what you make out to be over $100K as a 1 of 3 cars that never happened, but were put aside to have something happen to them, but it never eventuated.

then you got one, and some papers of what they were destined to be, then some official stickers/badges etc etc.

So.. what is this car insured as?

I find it a little hard as to what has happened in this thread.

some called "liar", got locked.

openend, cleaned, quotes of "i never said it was a 2500r"

"no such thing exists"

and yet it is insured as "a rare car that could have been"?

Very clean car for sure.

best whale to date.

nicest 33 GTSt's Ive seen to date...

but let's not get carried away its just a 33 GTS't with a 'theme' to the modification (albeit a very well put together theme)

If it is in fact a Nismo proto you have diminished its value by adding aftermarket parts

WOAH!!! spent 2 hrs reading this...

I thought it was a genuine nismo proto-type 2500R, cuz the way malcolm wrote it is as if the car will be worth triple the price of a normal GTS-T over 10 years time. I mean whats there to guess about if the price on the car was the same as an average R33 GTS-T.

Now i understand he is trying to say that it was a "meant to be" car so he feels like its a special rare r33 gts-t, but will the market see it that way?

Nonetheless, i love your car! Its real nice.

confusing thread.

answer this.

Would you say that you have insured your car under false claims?

if your car is insured for what you make out to be over $100K as a 1 of 3 cars that never happened, but were put aside to have something happen to them, but it never eventuated.

then you got one, and some papers of what they were destined to be, then some official stickers/badges etc etc.

So.. what is this car insured as?

I find it a little hard as to what has happened in this thread.

some called "liar", got locked.

openend, cleaned, quotes of "i never said it was a 2500r"

"no such thing exists"

and yet it is insured as "a rare car that could have been"?

Very clean car for sure.

best whale to date.

Hi there :P

No no false claims nor unjustified policies. Insurance is a risk to both both insurance broker & policy holder & no insurance broker is going to insure something for more than that risk dictates.

As i mentioned previously with what was attached to it and what was inside, i know where it had been.

It most certainly was a GTS25t when it left the assembly line, got chosen for some development, had one set of ideas thrown at it, like thousands of development ideas in car manufacture it wasnt pursued, i dont think some people fully understand what kinds of development & testing & experimenting goes on in the evolution from model to model, a car manufacturer isnt going to build a whole new car to test out some ideas, theyll take a car from the production line give it to the development dept. to apply the ideas to, its always happened like that & always will. It most certainly is still the same GTS25t but for development purposes got to be altered in order to fulfill its role. Now i know for a fact when something is altered it ceases to be what it once was, therefore being different to other things that werent.

Its monetry value is of no importance to me at all.

Its insured value (as Duncan has suggested) must dictate its replacement value in consideration of all anomalies.

No doubt a nice Skyline. A bit like my Nizpro Prototype GTX-S12-200RSX

HI there :P

NICE ONE !! :) :)

or perhaps "BETTY" in keeping in line with "GLORIA" "SILVIA" & "CEDRIC" !! :)

nicest 33 GTSt's Ive seen to date...

but let's not get carried away its just a 33 GTS't with a 'theme' to the modification (albeit a very well put together theme)

If it is in fact a Nismo proto you have diminished its value by adding aftermarket parts

Thanks for your post. Noones more surprised than me about people getting carried away. :)

If you dont think that any "manufacturer" or "engineer" isnt going to sometimes initially try some part thats close to the "idea" in order to get a "feel" for it or "not" before "enormous" tooling & set up costs are undertaken then please think again. If any manufacturer or fabricator or machinist or engineer is worth their salt at all while developing an idea the first places theyll head is to a "Blackwoods" directory a hardware or their own tool shop or garage.

No value has been lost on the build, as it never went to production no final production parts were made, just scheduled prototype parts.

The Oxford Dictionary meaning for "PROTOTYPE" -

"a first or preliminary model of something, esp a machine, from which other forms are developed or copied"

"a typical example of something"

"a building, vehicle or other object that acts as a pattern for a full scale model"

It is 100% justified & legal & a normal practice to use any existing part from any source whatsoever as a "prototype" during the development of a particular part.

It would not have been an unusual practice for instance for an off the shelf "plenum" to be bought as something to "copy" & "test" & "alter" as an initial "prototype" part for development.

Remember the "whole car" was designated a "prototype" therefore meaning that if all it had on it were genuine parts it would be beyond being a prototype closer to what they call a "demo car" which would rightly being carrying parts that had been fully developed and ready for "demonstration", or while a prototype car can still be called a demo car it really isnt until its prototype parts have been finalised, patented & manufactured.

Hope that clears some of it up :)

WOAH!!! spent 2 hrs reading this...

I thought it was a genuine nismo proto-type 2500R, cuz the way malcolm wrote it is as if the car will be worth triple the price of a normal GTS-T over 10 years time. I mean whats there to guess about if the price on the car was the same as an average R33 GTS-T.

Now i understand he is trying to say that it was a "meant to be" car so he feels like its a special rare r33 gts-t, but will the market see it that way?

Nonetheless, i love your car! Its real nice.

Thankou for your post - youre right !! "it is worth loving & it is real nice" :)

It is a genuine nismo prototype car.

Need to careful using the words "genuine" and "prototype" in the same sentence like i just did. As pointed out above a greddy plenum can be used as a "genuine prototype" part in the development of an idea. Though a greddy plenum could not be used in a demo car or production car and be called genuine.

Though you might remember that for a while HONDA & ROVER (INTEGRA & VITESSE) as well as MAZDA & FORD (323 & LASER) were rebadging exactly the same cars & parts and calling them their own. A huge patent issue for the developer of the original prototype parts but with it a bigger slice of the profits is give by the non contributing party.

Once a production car is pulled from the production line for development purposes it from that moment becomes a prototype in its own right. Prototypes are the ONLY reason that things get developed and evolve. To get from the KPGC-10 GT-R to the R35 GT-R didnt just take 40 years it took thousands & thousands of prototype parts and cars. Developing & changing constantly between models is the prototype part & car.

Now the main reason my car will be worth what its going to be worth is: A - itll have to be as mint as it is today along with its genuine reason to be unlike its contemporaries & B - with that in mind "what someone is willing to pay for it" , which doesnt interest me at all, as if i dont keep it forever id be just as likely to give it to someone if i thought they appreciated it enough :)

If it wasnt for prototypes we'd all still be driving Model T Fords.

Edited by malcolm