SAU Community

Nismo Proto Gtx-1 2500r

malcolm

i agree with what you are saying...id love for this car to be proven to be what it has been stated it is. No problem, read one of my earlier posts up the page. But there must be some sort of documentation from Nissan/Nismo to prove its worth, its now one of the most contraversial Nissan vehicles on our shores. Without such proof, people are slicing holes in Malcoms and the cars credibility and some of his conflicting statements are making the fact even worse. Not withstanding this car is an awesome piece of machinery and a credit to him, no ones for a moment doubting that, it seems a little sus thats all.

Paul - hi there :P - I never believed in a million years that posting up a bunch of pics from the hpi shoot would yield such a mixed response - i know that in 1993 my car left the production line at nissan for development work - i know by all the items boxed up inside it exactly where it had been - i know by other items attached to it exactly where it had been - i know by having notes/memos translated exactly where it had been - i know that with the limited yet obvious information i had to work with that a lot of the decisions i would have to make in continuing it on its path would have to be made by myself as those decisions had not yet presented themselves - there was no final draft - it was a half told story - my only option in finishing this project was to use what ever resources i had at hand - the plenum for example has always bugged me slightly - but to date theres never been another japanese one made for an rb25 - i contemplated reworking the gtr one but it was too fat looking or something - i spend my whole working life making decisions relating to aesthetics substance and form - ill move things about on that car mm's to get them "just right" - thats why i am proud to say that whilst i was only given an initial guide as to where it was headed i can look at it as the person responsible for making the decisions that completed it and go - yeah ! it all looks like its meant to be there. Which is how you know from an aesthetic or design point of view that your final decision(s) were correct. If it looks like it is right it is right. The bottom line is that the 2500R never saw the light of day. I had this pretty sad looking "ugly duckling" that had just enough valid reasons to help her transform into something much better - so f__k it i did it !! - Didnt bargain on a Peregrine on Ice though. It was never my intention to give the impression that how it is today is how i bought it.The pics posted on the forum show brilliantly some of the development and transformation. 7 years and you dont want to know how much dosh has gone into the build - its scary ! - Doubt is a very dark road to take - it doesnt bother me who thinks what about it anyway - i could show any amount of documentation that i have only to be asked to prove if the documentation is real !! - To doubt is to doubt which is missing the point altogether. If i ever do sell it which im sure i wont then the new owner will have rightfully paid for and own it in its entirety - boots and all !! - When a complete stranger walks up to me and "orders" me to do something the chances of me responding in a positive way is zero ! - Trust from aquaintances is a two way street that is jointly offered and accepted over time. When I met you and looked at your car and studied the vast list of things you claimed to have done to it i didnt doubt you for a second ! You dont need to prove that level of passion with a piece of paper. The proof was right there in front of me. In you and your car - cheers Malcolm :)

Edited by malcolm

to some ppl the only way you would get any credit would be if you had bought the car, cleaned it up and left it incomplete. i do appreciate that this is an unrealistic view tho. you have done what i would have. however, it is no longer Nismo's vision of what a 2500R was to be. it is yours. the car is different to what i, or another member of this forum would have built. in that it becomes no different to any other R33 GTST. a very clean one, but just a gtst none the less.

the work you have done on the car is impressive. one of the cleanest i have seen. well done mate. thank you for posting it up here.

i'd say bout $25,000

EDIT: thnx for stoppin with the caps, now plz use paragraphs. lolz

to some ppl the only way you would get any credit would be if you had bought the car, cleaned it up and left it incomplete. i do appreciate that this is an unrealistic view tho. you have done what i would have. however, it is no longer Nismo's vision of what a 2500R was to be. it is yours. the car is different to what i, or another member of this forum would have built. in that it becomes no different to any other R33 GTST. a very clean one, but just a gtst none the less.

the work you have done on the car is impressive. one of the cleanest i have seen. well done mate. thank you for posting it up here.

i'd say bout $25,000

EDIT: thnx for stoppin with the caps, now plz use paragraphs. lolz

Hi there - :P - thankyou for your input its much appreciated - i agree with your points of view - although i honestly believe that to have left it wouldnt have been right as there was enough to go on in the brief. As no 2500R was ever made a gtst prototype of one was all there was ever going to be which makes it historically important to maintain. Have another guess on the value keeping in mind the clues. Remember its the figure ive been given thats important, People in the 1970's would have thought you were mad if you told them their Datsun 1600 would be worth 5 times its value in 25 years - cheers :)

HI THERE :P - IT DID HAVE A PLENUM IN THE BOOT A GT-R ONE - IT WAS DAMAGED - HAD A CRACK IN IT FROM MEMORY - CHEERS MALCOLM :)

if it had a gtr one in the boot why did you opt for the greddy plenum instead of wat nismo/nissan/omiri were intending on using specially considering it was in the boot and there are adapter plates out there.

Edited by rb26s13

if it had a gtr one in the boot why did you opt for the greddy plenum instead of wat nismo/nissan/omiri were intending on using specially considering it was in the boot and there are adapter plates out there.

Hi there - :P Good point ! - but the gtr one didnt look right - and i know the greddy one isnt a nissan item of course but i was always looking at these issues with the idea that something of a different design (forget brand) should be applied. Meaning that had the car gone into production they certainly wouldnt have used a gtr one but perhaps something more slender & less slug like !? - cheers malcolm :)

Man I would have thought it made 1.21 gigawatts not just a measily 460ps.

The 'Mr.Fusion' power supply for the flux capacitor must have been having an off day

Ok thread cleaned up a little and reopened. Let's keep it polite and on topic please. Ignore this at your e-peril.

For what it's worth I think the car has/will have no more extrinsic value than any other random GTS25T with the same mods however it's intrinsic value to it's owner may be much higher.

Thanks Adam :down: i totally agree - at the end of the day it wont be its sporty appearance or performance mods thatll set it apart - it still after 15 years looks and smells like a new car - it was in my possession inside 6 months of Omori where for years and years it had been kept inside under cover clocking up only a handful of km's - even now it wouldnt do 500 klm's in a year - im a firm believer that if theyre kept "mint" theyre worth mint - cheers malcolm :)

well mate you have copped a lot of Shit from people who are supposed to be Skyline enthusiasts and still not cracked the shits yet yourself ( very well done ) .. As for the car....I would really like to see it one day...Very fine looking machine indeed.my guess for the future value ....$100,000

Edited by GTR-32U

well mate you have copped a lot of Shit from people who are supposed to be Skyline enthusiasts and still not cracked the shits yet yourself ( very well done ) .. As for the car....I would really like to see it one day...Very fine looking machine indeed.my guess for the future value ....$100,000

No worries :down: cheers mate - thankyou for your reply :)

People are allowed to have their own opinion or point of view i dont have a problem with it. I do have a problem when people are rude and condascending and put people down. As you can see ive posted less than 100 posts in 4 years because practically everytime you jump on some rude or ill mannered member thinks its their right to say something inappropriate or spiteful. I was under the impression that computer forums were meant to be a way to meet someone you think you had a common appreciation on the given subject with. Perhaps not.

Cracking the s__t's for me would only lower myself to their inappropriate level of communication. I would be more likely to match their BS "my way" and counteract it in a subtle non aggressive manner say while writng a post or in actual conversation by "leading them down the garden path" to do unneccessary head miles tripping over their minds !! If i feel im being F___ed with ill let them have it everytime. It works a treat and repeat offenders are rare.

Thanks for your positive take on the car id be happy to show it to you its due for a run just let the rain clear up. Id like to check out your car too.

Really impressed that your personal opinion regarding mine remained just that ! - personal !! - thats cool :)

Im so not interested in what anyone thinks about a couple of metal plaques showing a chassis and engine number !? Get a life !! Hey maybe some japanese guy with a wicked sense of humour who got the sack or something stuck them on it & in it with all the other stuff to lead some unsuspecting person in Australia down the garden path and it just so happened to be me !! - haha - now that would be funny :)

Pretty cluey guess on the value. Some people just arent tuned into thinking laterally enough i guess ! How could a minty mint example of any car in 25 years not appreciate !? - 3 independant valuers only differed by as much as $12.000.00 from each other.

Thanks again for making a total stranger feel welcome - cheers Malcolm :) - PM me & we'll work out a time & place to check out the cars.

`

i agree with what you are saying...id love for this car to be proven to be what it has been stated it is. No problem, read one of my earlier posts up the page.

But there must be some sort of documentation from Nissan/Nismo to prove its worth,

its now one of the most contraversial Nissan vehicles on our shores.

Without such proof, people are slicing holes in Malcoms and the cars credibility

and some of his conflicting statements are making the fact even worse. Not withstanding this car is an awesome piece of machinery and a credit to him, no ones for a moment doubting that, it seems a little sus thats all.

Paul :D hi there !

Its clear to me that most people are saying that being what it is which i hear is nothing that its value must be compared to any old GTS25T. Right !

Then why do you want to see documentation to prove its worth ??

Some people are certain ways by nature (lets blame evolution) i can see that this is bugging you big time ! - what you must see is that if i came over to your house today with a mountain of stuff to prove to you your doubts - that someone else "a certain way by nature" would be slicing holes in mine and the cars credibility big time and that someone else would be me !!

Its "monetary" or "intrinsic"-(nice word adam) value is only relevant at times attached by emotion to its owner and/or between a prospecting buyer.

Im not jumping up and down making a scene because everyone is saying its not worth jack s__t !!

I have no intention of ever selling it so what it apparently isnt or is !? - is irrellevent isnt it !!

What it is or isnt doesnt take away the experience i got in working on it !!

One thing i do know it is however extremely fun to drive - rear wheel drive & no ABS = magic !!

Id honestly like to see more people adopt Johnnies attitude and keep your personal opinions personal !!

Wish the rain woiuld eff off i can feel a drive coming on.

Hope everyone wins a s__t load at two up today !!

cheers malcolm :D

HERE IS NISSAN'S / NISMO'S / OMORI FACTORY'S (WELL MINE ACTUALLY) 1993/1995 R33 SKYLINE...

Is it really not clear on the first line of the post that i am saying "WELL MINE ACTUALLY" ! - not nissans /nismos/omori factories ?

Honestly thought id nailed that in one ! - off the bat ! - pronto !! - straight up !!! - apologies to all if not !! - :D

Maybe you were all too excited and dazzled by all the pretty pictures and missed it ! - dont worry i understand.

Cheers - malcolm :D

Edited by malcolm

• 2 weeks later...

I am disgusted by the way some people address themselves in this forum. This car is indeed the cleanest example of any skyline I have ever laid my eyes on. I can only aspire to one day have my pride and joy look half as good as this. Malcolm has never once implied that his car is a “genuine” nismo 2500r. there is no such thing. What it is though, is a part of automotive history. This car has obviously had some influence on what nismo are today. Some of the ideas for the z tune may have come from this very car. I have absolutely no doubt that this car is a genuine prototype used by Nismo. For what, no one will ever know (now there’s a good thread) but it is one of 3. Where are the others? Doesn’t that make Malcolm’s one of a kind? The 2500r was just an idea, an idea that Malcolm has made a reality. To me, that would mean that it IS the only 2500r in existence. Sure it may not be a nismo 2500r but it is still a 2500r. Malcolm’s 2500r. Congrats on building, what is in my opinion, Australia’s finest r33, and I challenge any one to show me a better example. Put your egos aside and give the man what he deserves. A congratulations for a fantastic build. One last quick question before i go, did nismo actually make the coil cover and things for you? coz that would be pretty cool.

I am disgusted by the way some people address themselves in this forum. This car is indeed the cleanest example of any skyline I have ever laid my eyes on. I can only aspire to one day have my pride and joy look half as good as this. Malcolm has never once implied that his car is a “genuine” nismo 2500r. there is no such thing. What it is though, is a part of automotive history. This car has obviously had some influence on what nismo are today. Some of the ideas for the z tune may have come from this very car. I have absolutely no doubt that this car is a genuine prototype used by Nismo. For what, no one will ever know (now there’s a good thread) but it is one of 3. Where are the others? Doesn’t that make Malcolm’s one of a kind? The 2500r was just an idea, an idea that Malcolm has made a reality. To me, that would mean that it IS the only 2500r in existence. Sure it may not be a nismo 2500r but it is still a 2500r. Malcolm’s 2500r. Congrats on building, what is in my opinion, Australia’s finest r33, and I challenge any one to show me a better example. Put your egos aside and give the man what he deserves. A congratulations for a fantastic build. One last quick question before i go, did nismo actually make the coil cover and things for you? coz that would be pretty cool.

Hi there :)

Thanks for your post - you got the picture "first go !" - not many got that being the only one there is nothing to compare it to - i think people wanted to believe that nismo had to have built a whole new car for it to be something - its a gtst thats no longer the same gtst - morphed forever - its so fortunate that so many gtr parts bolted directly on - as with the plenum it doesnt matter a "rats" that its a greddy plenum with an RB-X GT 1 badge on it - the car is a "prototype 2500R" thats job is to "indicate" what "style" "look" and "performance" is being sought after from a brief - from the notes and drawings i have had translated in relation to this car production number two - P002 its pretty damn close if not exactly whats being described right down to the "new" r33 gtr wheel colour ! - its certainly unique rare one of a kind and got enough documented history to make it special - as far as Australias finest r33 i dont know - it could be the cleanest though. The timing belt cover a folder with notes & drawings badges & a plaque were in the car up the back next to the battery - horn button, wing end caps, coil cover specs and other bits and bobs did come (though outsourced i believe) via japan. My father worked his whole life on the board of directors of a huge american company called WEBB who build systems handling systems - things like baggage conveyors at airports and also funnily enough a lot of the production line conveyors for NISSAN car plants in japan america & australia - i was lucky enough to have at my disposal some excellent contacts here and in america that without would have made the whole task almost impossible - im still after 7 years stuck on the centre caps for the wheels as its noted but no clear indication of exactly what ?? - but hey thats what makes a prototype a prototype - a canvas on which to paint - a work in progress ;)

Thankyou again for your post its been very well received :D

Cheers malcolm :banana:

can i guess the price now? can i please?

id say its worth about as much as a tidy GTS-t with some bolt-on's

$20K should do it as its only a 93model

Yes you fitted the plenum but still went to great lengths to make it appear as a prototype part, just like you did with the strut brace and other parts fitted.

Hi there ! :D

Funny what you miss sometimes !! :thumbsup:

Anyone for an extremely tidy and very well built R32 GT-R with a heap of bolt ons new paint and blue stripes !??

Should as its not newer than a '94 model pay $20K

Cheers malcolm :(

Edited by malcolm

Hi there ! :D

Funny what you miss sometimes !! :thumbsup:

Anyone for an extremely tidy and very well built R32 GT-R with a heap of bolt ons new paint and blue stripes !??

Should as its not newer than a '94 model pay $20K

Cheers malcolm :(

Hey Malcolm,

Dont let them get to you , Your cars pretty mint compared to these other GTS T's that i see driving around the road , Im not much of a R33 Fan but youve done a good job .....

Good luck with it all..

Moei....

Kudos to you Malcom. Without a blueprint to follow you have taken the path you believe was the original intention of this unique car and done it to the best of your ability. As to wether it will end up collectable only time will tell but it is one very very nice machine.

As for those making claims that the mag articles etc are misleading, just ignore them. I recall recently a very nice gtr on the cover of HPI with the caption of 4 hundred and something scarey kw's plastered all over it. After reading the article it turns out that the figure was just the owners wish list like so many others on here. Misleading to say the least.

Congratulations again on a very nice ride.

Hey Malcolm,

Dont let them get to you , Your cars pretty mint compared to these other GTS T's that i see driving around the road , Im not much of a R33 Fan but youve done a good job .....

Good luck with it all..

Moei....

Hi there ! :)

Thankyou for your reply - Oh !! id never let any of this get to me whatsoever ! - i just give it back when i know its due - im not the kind to start it but will sit back observe take note and jump in if i feel its deserved - the car in question is registered and insured in my posession & parked in my driveway - thats all i need to know :(

Cheers malcolm :)

Kudos to you Malcom. Without a blueprint to follow you have taken the path you believe was the original intention of this unique car and done it to the best of your ability. As to wether it will end up collectable only time will tell but it is one very very nice machine.

As for those making claims that the mag articles etc are misleading, just ignore them. I recall recently a very nice gtr on the cover of HPI with the caption of 4 hundred and something scarey kw's plastered all over it. After reading the article it turns out that the figure was just the owners wish list like so many others on here. Misleading to say the least.

Congratulations again on a very nice ride.

Hi there :(

Thanks :) - Yeah i know i pretty much expected something of the sort !! :)

As its not non genuine i should as an gesture of goodwill offer up my "flux capacitor" to help make up the numbers :)

Cheers malcolm :)

I loved this car from the first time i saw it in the flesh. Simply awesome.

Malcom you've done a great job with it, you don't need to tell me twice what it is.

My guess would be around $110K, maybe even more.

Cheers Adam. :domokun: