SAU Community

Nismo Proto Gtx-1 2500r

malcolm

I guess the パン, which could mean "pan" or "bread", was meant to be パンプ "pump"? otherwise it didn't make sense at all, since there's no such thing as water pan- so seems like another typo there 

The (11A) does refer to the "combustion" component of the car - the component where the "plenum" is fitted & where it directly interacts

the direct translation of "ニスモRスペックインターナルコンポーネンツ (スベックシート11A参照)" is "nismo R spec internal compenents (refer to spec sheet 11A)"

インターナル= internal, not combustion

have you got a scanned copy of the 11A?

also it mentioned steel turbo impellers- "ターボチャージャーメタルインテーク&エグゾストインペラーズ" directly prounces "turbo charger metal intake & exhaust impellers" in English

In addition to the エグゾスト typo, I've never seen Japs use the word impeller (インペラー) to refer to turbine, the most commonly used term is ホイール which is just wheels. インペラー referrs to fans attached at the end of pumps, like liquid pumps or power generators (alternators)

besides they don't use plural for 外来語 (foreign loan words), so インペラー would be better sense thanインペラーズ ("ズ", pronounced "zu") even though you're referring to both intake and exhaust wheels.

another one is アッセンブリー, which stands for assembly. in the automotive industry they use ASSY or アッシー. use of the word アッセンブリー makes sense but just not something that you'd normally see on a Japanese automotive catalogue.

anyway, there's no definite right or wrong in any language, but here are just some differences I've picked out from what natives would normally use, which is quite a fair bit from just over half a page. If anything it looks like an English native Japanese beginner wrote this.

cheers

Edited by chiksluvit

the direct translation of "ニスモRスペックインターナルコンポーネンツ (スベックシート11A参照)" is "nismo R spec internal compenents (refer to spec sheet 11A)"

... hi there ... :) ...

... i have 2 original documents of: 11A ... might also have part copies of it that were emailed as j.pegs ...

... everything is in Japan at the moment ... the car but no documents is being considered for the inclusion in a book ... i have no copyright over any document they are in fact all the property of The Nissan Motor Company Japan.

... it wasnt clear to me why you asked the question ... i hope my answer has been some help :)

... cheers malcolm :)

I guess the パン, which could mean "pan" or "bread", was meant to be パンプ "pump"? otherwise it didn't make sense at all, since there's no such thing as water pan- so seems like another typo there 

インターナル= internal, not combustion

also it mentioned steel turbo impellers- "ターボチャージャーメタルインテーク&エグゾストインペラーズ" directly prounces "turbo charger metal intake & exhaust impellers" in English

In addition to the エグゾスト typo, I've never seen Japs use the word impeller (インペラー) to refer to turbine, the most commonly used term is ホイール which is just wheels. インペラー referrs to fans attached at the end of pumps, like liquid pumps or power generators (alternators)

besides they don't use plural for 外来語 (foreign loan words), so インペラー would be better sense thanインペラーズ ("ズ", pronounced "zu") even though you're referring to both intake and exhaust wheels.

another one is アッセンブリー, which stands for assembly. in the automotive industry they use ASSY or アッシー. use of the word アッセンブリー makes sense but just not something that you'd normally see on a Japanese automotive catalogue.

anyway, there's no definite right or wrong in any language, but here are just some differences I've picked out from what natives would normally use, which is quite a fair bit from just over half a page. If anything it looks like an English native Japanese beginner wrote this.

cheers

... hi there :) ...

... theres nothing to indicate that this document originated from NISMO ... its a really incomplete list of the cars details & is only printed on A4 card & stored loose in the folder ... it isnt in any way part of a catalogue ... you are probably right ... maybe a french guy did it from Renault when the car was being prepared to re enter the market place & they wanted a list of what was on it ? ... :) ...

... it doesnt really matter anyway ... as long as whoever did it noted what they saw ... half japanese/english ... russian/eskimo ... would be fine ... :) ...

... i really appreciate all the time you spent working all that out ... that is very kind of you - thankyou ... :) ...

... cheers malcolm :)

• 1 year later...

Wow..never knew this car had a thread..its been on my desktop for over a year...Love it..:thumbsup:

... interesting !? ... where did you first see it if you didnt see it in the thread ? ... i havnt driven it for a while it did less than 100klms between regos last year ... am looking forward to getting it off the stands & out of lock up sometime soon ... cheers malcolm :)

• 1 year later...

It most likely was. It has 2500r decal written on the windshield instead of the OmoriFactory.

Still had that distinct paint colour though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It most likely was. It has 2500r decal written on the windshield instead of the OmoriFactory.

Still had that distinct paint colour though.

ha yes that was me in lane cove ! yes the omori factory decal across the front screen now sais 2500R yes the car is a gtst that was earmarked for some development work - yes i still own it - the paint is nissan KH2 that has been re clear coated - cheers malcolm :)

all good nick ... just checking out whose saying what about my car ... I find it all so amusing that people have certain opinions about something they know absolutely nothing about ... be great to catch up ... buzz or text me if you like 0414922209 be great to touch base ... mal :) ...

OMG, you're still alive? How are you dude?