SAU Community

Nismo Proto Gtx-1 2500r

malcolm

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread, even though it took me a good part of 2 hours! lol

From my understanding, this car would have potentially been the real deal, but for some reason or another, Nissan/Nismo decided to can the development, which is ashame. But Malcolm envisaged an idea to see what would have happened if the initial project came into fruition, so hence, we see what he has done to the car.

Sure, he has used a GReddy plenum and other non-Nissan parts. So how do we all know if the factory would have done the same thing? The answer is, we would never ever know.

Malcolm has made educated guesses and his imagination to develop what he believes Nissan/Nismo have dome back in those days. And another point to add. Nismo would not have sent him all those nice goodies if they didn't believe this was the real car.

I have a question if Malcolm ever comes back to read this. Was there any part of the car that Nismo developed and left it intact? Has the motor ever been dynoed to see if there's some special fruit in there?

given his warm welcome at the start of this thread id be suprised if he would bother .. :dry:

ps. great car either way.. :P

If you copped BS all the time off something you believe...you wouldnt be so warm either!

Nice revival Weevils!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Malcolm is a lovely guy the car is exquiste and that's all there is too it really..

Each to there own :)

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread, even though it took me a good part of 2 hours! lol

From my understanding, this car would have potentially been the real deal, but for some reason or another, Nissan/Nismo decided to can the development, which is ashame. But Malcolm envisaged an idea to see what would have happened if the initial project came into fruition, so hence, we see what he has done to the car.

Sure, he has used a GReddy plenum and other non-Nissan parts. So how do we all know if the factory would have done the same thing? The answer is, we would never ever know.

Malcolm has made educated guesses and his imagination to develop what he believes Nissan/Nismo have dome back in those days. And another point to add. Nismo would not have sent him all those nice goodies if they didn't believe this was the real car.

I have a question if Malcolm ever comes back to read this. Was there any part of the car that Nismo developed and left it intact? Has the motor ever been dynoed to see if there's some special fruit in there?

That's pretty much my view on it, and it is indeed a great car! The car itself is pumping out just shy of 300kws if I remember correctly... I've driven with it on the road, and it was a shit load faster then my car, and only a touch slower then a purple R33 known as 'R33GTR'.

Definately a nice clean vehicle :dry:

I beleive the car is really unique. Simply by the fact that it was tampered by Nismo makes it special. The badges and the decal's are made and applied by Nissan. Just because it wasn't brought into production does not mean the car is a failure. Several factors would have gone into that like; it's too costly or the series 2 is out now, lets work on that one instead etc. There was some wierd red VL commodore that Peter Brock made one of and it never went to production - I am sure that car is worth heaps!

Man this thread was so long I almost felt to sleep while reading it

But yeah it is a nice looking car, yeah it has it pros and cons

The car future value in 2018, could be around $112,000.00

Edited by Raffa

I saw this at Ahsfield BP one night a few weeks ago. Was parked in the red rodeo ute next to it for a bit trying to work out what it was.

It looks like a gtr, but its clearly not with the 2500R decal.... hmmmm

Nice ride mate! I look forward to seeing more of it sometime!

[sure, he has used a GReddy plenum and other non-Nissan parts.]

... WOW ! ... where did this thread come back from ? ... the Greddy plenum in question was "chosen" & "listed" for use as a prototype part by the project manager in 1994 ...

post-9783-1259071487_thumb.jpg ... somewhere there where is sais (11A) it specifies the use of the Greddy plenum ... there wasnt a GT-R style plenum ever made for the GTS-t by Nissan or Nismo ...

cheers malcolm :P

[sure, he has used a GReddy plenum and other non-Nissan parts.]

... WOW ! ... where did this thread come back from ? ... the Greddy plenum in question was "chosen" & "listed" for use as a prototype part by the project manager in 1994 ...

post-9783-1259071487_thumb.jpg ... somewhere there where is sais (11A) it specifies the use of the Greddy plenum ... there wasnt a GT-R style plenum ever made for the GTS-t by Nissan or Nismo ...

cheers malcolm :)

Go Malcolm! Love your work :D

P.s good to see you haven't disappeared :)

• 2 weeks later...
Personally I love the car. To me it represents what owning a special build vehicle is all about. Maintained in totally immaculate condition , Staying true to factory appearance.

. . . ah ! . . . johnny . . . how are ya mate ? . . . thankyou once again for kind words . . . cheers malcolm . . . :) . . .

. . . ps . . . hope to see you at the Show & Shine next sunday . . . :) . . .

. . . ah ! . . . johnny . . . how are ya mate ? . . . thankyou once again for kind words . . . cheers malcolm . . . :) . . .

. . . ps . . . hope to see you at the Show & Shine next sunday . . . :) . . .

Hey Malcolm .....I am well...!! just out of luck Sunday is my rostered off weekend. Seeing as I only live minutes away I will definately make the show.Not sure what time I will arrive as I have never been to an SAU event...But I will turn up to drool over Skylines - ( Deeply regrets selling last Skyline )

• 11 months later...

Just found this a bit late i know lol , What a car you are one luky man owning a piece of skyline history , i just hope mine turns out half a special as this one . I would love to see more pic's of the car if you have them

Cheers Shawny

• 1 month later...

funny how nismo made a Japanese mistake in their list of mods...

exhaust is エキゾースト (ekizo-suto) 

not エグゾースト (eguzo-suto)

11A refers to internal components, don't think plenum's internal?

and out of curiousity, what's an N1 water oil pan assembly?

post-27668-0-63643000-1294572894_thumb.jpg

it is still a real nice ECR33 though

Edited by chiksluvit

funny how nismo made a Japanese mistake in their list of mods...

exhaust is エキゾースト (ekizo-suto) 

not エグゾースト (eguzo-suto)

11A refers to internal components, don't think plenum's internal?

and out of curiousity, what's an N1 water oil pan assembly?

post-27668-0-63643000-1294572894_thumb.jpg

it is still a real nice ECR33 though

Hi & thankyou for your input it is always much appreciated :)

There is no indication that this document originated from NISMO - it may have been transcribed from another list that did - resulting in the "exhaust typo" :)

The (11A) does refer to the "combustion" component of the car - the component where the "plenum" is fitted & where it directly interacts :)

The N1 oil water pan assembly refers to to use of an N1 oil pump & an N1 water pump & an N1 oil pan baffle plate :)

Details:

The N1 water pump is designed to limit the cavitation produced through sustained high engine revolution. This doesn't make the pump superior to the regular Nissan item, simply that it is more suited to a race/track oriented vehicle.It has 6 larger blades than the usual 8 smaller blades of the standard OEM water pump.

Applications:

•Nissan Skyline, R32 GTR

•Nissan Skyline, R33 GTS25-t

•Nissan Skyline, R33 GTR

•Nissan Skyline, R34 25GT-t

•Nissan Skyline, R34 GTR

•Nissan Stagea, WGNC34 RS-4

•Nissan Stagea, WGNC34 260RS

The N1 Oil Pump is designed for the RB series Nissan Engines. This item will work on the RB26DETT, RB25DE(T), RB30(D)E(T), and RB20DE(T) engines. This item is a great replacement for the `achilles tendon' of the RB series engines, the OEM unit is notoriously known to starve tuned RB engines of oil at high RPM`s.The Nissan N1 oil pump provides increased oil flow to cope with the demands of making power.

The N1 baffle plate - NISMO designed this part for the Professional N1 Races in Japan. After extensive use on the street and in the extremes of race & track NISMO found the added benefits undeniable and made it readily available for all GTR BNR32 & BCNR33 owners with a modified version for the GTS ECR33.Providing stable oil pressure by preventing oil from pooling due to the front-rear or lateral G forces often experienced in circuit racing. This prevents metal damage and other engine trouble from occurring.

Applications:

- Nissan Skyline GTR BNR32

- Nissan Skyline GTR BCNR33

- Nissan Skyline GTS ECR33 (modified version)

... many thanks again for your kind input ... cheers malcolm :)