SAU Community

Nismo Proto Gtx-1 2500r

malcolm

Scared me too, Malcolm!

Where have you been hiding?

Hey nick how you doin man? - not hiding just busy being busy ! - dont think i could ever bring myself to selling the car - ill be one of those sad 'ol grey haired f---ers going for quiet picnics in a 500hp "pensioners spaceship" - haha too funny !! - look forward to catching up with you guys sometime soon - till then keep on keeping on !! - m :D

Edited by malcolm

NISMO PROTO GTX-1 2500R

SO WHATS IT WORTH ??

IVE HAD SEVERAL ENQUIRIES ASKING JUST THAT !! - COULD BE TIME FOR A BIT OF FUN :D - IT JUST SO HAPPENS THAT I HAD CAUSE RECENTLY TO HAVE IT PROPERLY VALUED FOR INSURANCE RESALE & INVESTMENT PURPOSES - THE FIGURE BASED ON ITS RARITY ALONE IS VERY INTERESTING !! - THERE IS NO DOUBT THAT A BIT FURTHER DOWN THE TRACK SAY WHEN IT TURNS 25 YEARS OLD ITS GOING TO BE A HIGHLY COLLECTABLE MOTOR VEHICLE INDEED - IT WILL NEED TO STAY IN MINT CONDITION OF COURSE - SOMETHING THAT AS LONG AS I HAVE IT IS GUARANTEED.

SO HERES THE CHALLENGE ! - PUT YOUR THINKING CAPS ON AND REPLY POST WHAT YOU DETERMINE COULD/SHOULD BE ITS VALUE WHEN IT TURNS 25 IN THE YEAR 2018.

WHOEVER DETERMINES THE CLOSEST OR THE SAME AMOUNT AS THE FIGURE THAT I HAVE BEEN GIVEN CAN TAKE IT FOR THE DRIVE (WITH ME AS CO PILOT) UP THE F3 FREEWAY TO TERRY ASHWOODS "SKYLINE" RESTAURANT "LA PORCHETTA" IN GOSFORD FOR A PIZZA AND A DRINK - MY SHOUT ! - ONE REPLY POST PER PERSON AND ONLY DRIVERS WITH FULL "BLACK" LICENSES PLEASE !

ILL KEEP IT GOING FOR A COUPLE OF MONTHS SO NO NEED FOR A HASTY GUESS !!

BEST OF LUCK !!

SO.....

......ON YOUR MARKS - GET SET - GO ! :D

P.S. - MIGHT PUT THE DAY OF THE DRIVE TO GOOD USE AND GET A HEAP OF CARS TO COME ALONG - SAY 10 OR 20 BUCKS A HEAD AND DONATE THE DOSH TO CHARITY ! - LEAVE IT WITH ME AND ILL CHAT WITH DUNCAN AND GET A PLAN HAPPENING :O

Hey Mal.

I 1st saw this car at Sydney Autosalon. Absolutely beautiful.

I guess in 25 yrs she'd be worth at least $65,000. That's in mint cond.

Malcom, your car looks great.

Is this not the same R33 that you have had for years? Or did you have another one that looked identical.

HI THERE - I DID HAVE 2 GUNMETAL R33'S AT ONE STAGE BUT DOWNSIZED AND BOUGHT A MICRA AS MY DAILY IN 2005 - THE 2500R HAS ALWAYS BEEN MINT STORED AWAY AND DOESNT EVEN DO 1000KMS A YEAR THESE DAYS :D

HI THERE - I DID HAVE 2 GUNMETAL R33'S AT ONE STAGE BUT DOWNSIZED AND BOUGHT A MICRA AS MY DAILY IN 2005 - THE 2500R HAS ALWAYS BEEN MINT STORED AWAY AND DOESNT EVEN DO 1000KMS A YEAR THESE DAYS :P

and doesnt comes out in the rain :)

Nice Avatar Mal :)

it's a cool car. bit strange, but cool none the less. the only advice I'd have is that all the modifications done to it would definitely diminish it's value as a collectible. some of the claims seem a bit out there too. like GTR gearset? it's the same as a GTST gearset why would they do that? and with the 4.4:1 diff I'm not so confident of it reaching anything near 285km/h. still as far as 33 GTSTs go it's well up there with the nicer ones. :)

considering it's not really a collectible model as such (but it is a very rare model) I would say maybe $20-$25K with the right buyer. :P

HI THERE - I DID HAVE 2 GUNMETAL R33'S AT ONE STAGE BUT DOWNSIZED AND BOUGHT A MICRA AS MY DAILY IN 2005 - THE 2500R HAS ALWAYS BEEN MINT STORED AWAY AND DOESNT EVEN DO 1000KMS A YEAR THESE DAYS :)

Wow, impressive. I remember how much money you put into your old GTS-25T, and it looked identical to the '2500R'.

In fact I remember when you had the Trust turbo and the Greddy plenum fitted.

What are the odds of finding a 'Genuine' 2500R in Japan, let alone one that looked like your previous cars twin?

What a beautiful car this is! I was most fortunate to catch Malcolm and his 2500R out front of Autobarn in Maitland. Was kind of embarrassing having my R33 gts-t next to the 2500r as it put my car to shame haha!

The most mint r33's I have ever seen and most likely will ever see!

Hope to see you and your car around again some other time Malcolm!

-Mitch

i have seen this car and it is a very very nice vechile!!

I would say about $24-$26 at the end of the day its still a GTS-T

Im sure it maybe a special vechile but NISMO didnt make a big deal out of it like say a Z-tune and there were 20 of those made.

Really no-one has heard of it cause its not a vechile that lets say MADE THE CUT!!!

Never the less a very very nice car

Edited by GTR32X

Hrmm in 10yrs time I believe it will be worth less than an R35 GTR.

It is only valuable to those that are actually interested in that specific model rather than as an investment so whilst i'd like to say $10k i'll put a price tag of $45k on it.