SAU Community

Camera Mount

PranK

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wated to say thanks for sending off the mount today! I know you went thru alot of crap at the post office over a crappy postage frank stamp!

Hopefully there aint going to be no more probs getting to my work ;-)

I seriously didnt see a prob tho as this isnt the first time I have sent something off like this?!

Thanks again!

OK Erik, just for you, my dodgy sketch again! :)

sketch.gif

You can use it at the front of the car, on the front windscreen, or at the back with the rear windscreen. You use the mini tripod if you need to raise the camera off whatever surface is underneath.

For best results, put some tension into the system so that the camera mount is really snug, being pressed down by the windscreen and pushed up by whatever's underneath it - all tightened up so that the camera isn't jumping around.

Hope that helps. Perhaps if people take some photos with the camera mount set up in their cars?

Erik,

Are you using the lever on the side of the mount? It is 'unlocked' when the lever is loose, and you swing it over to lock it in place. On the side with the handle, there's a notch in the rubber skirt that should line up with the left plastic piece that juts up from the top section. Unlock the suction cup, place it firmly against any reasonably flat and non-porous surface (eg glass, metal), and swing the arm over to lock. As everyone who has witnessed this will agree, there is not a snowflake in heck of it falling off by itself.

True, but I want to be able to see my dash when on the track - I use it to examine cornering speed (I've got a mount anchored to the rollcage in my mini). I'm also going to check my 0-100km/h time :)

Also, if I have it sitting any further back (to allow tripod to sit on rear shelf) I may not have enough room to fit the digicam. I'll be playing around with it when I've got a suitable digicam anyway.