SAU Community

Another R30 Pic Thread....

Factory 5

where bouts in the Adelaide Hills are you? and is this on the road?

need to get an SA R30 cruise going, if only my old work mate would pull his thumb out with his turbo'ed MR30 :P

is that phil with his r30?

im up at one tree hill man. yea i just gotta clean it up and put some rego on it. mates l24et r30 is all goin now.

we're keen 4 a hills run etc

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The boost gauge aka vacuum gauge (WOFTAM) was originally, but if you want something that is of some help, PM me and I'll give you the details. If you haven't noticed, I also have a 9000 rpm tacho mounted in the cluster.

Cheers, D

Can I ask why? when the intake air has passed through an intercooler, the intake pipe from the intercooler then runs across the front of the engine & behind the header tank of the radiator before entering the throttle body. It suggests to me that the cooled air is then reheated just prior to entering the engine, so "why bother"???

Cheers, D

is that phil with his r30?

im up at one tree hill man. yea i just gotta clean it up and put some rego on it. mates l24et r30 is all goin now.

we're keen 4 a hills run etc

Yeah that would be Phil.

Hills run sounds good, my DR should be back in action in a few weeks. :)

The boost gauge aka vacuum gauge (WOFTAM) was originally, but if you want something that is of some help, PM me and I'll give you the details. If you haven't noticed, I also have a 9000 rpm tacho mounted in the cluster.

Cheers, D

I didnt notice the tacho. ... would be a good excuse buying one of them just to fix my rpm tacho that has never worked. :P just sucks everything R30 is costly and has to be sent from Japan

You would not believe how hard the 260kph speedo was to get.

Firstly a Jap version 180kph speedo has to be sent over, they then convert it and send it back.

If your looking for an 8000 rpm 6 cylinder tacho, PM me, as I think I have a few laying around.

Cheers, D

Sounds like alot of work, why must R30's be so difficult ;)

If I need one I will let you know.

With the Carbon Fibre stuff, dont you have to send them the parts aswell to convert? In that case I might have to raid a wreckers for some MR30 interior parts to send over aswell.

Then I have to be a good boy and stop spending money on the DR until I get a KGC10 :P

Can I ask why? when the intake air has passed through an intercooler, the intake pipe from the intercooler then runs across the front of the engine & behind the header tank of the radiator before entering the throttle body. It suggests to me that the cooled air is then reheated just prior to entering the engine, so "why bother"???

Cheers, D

doesnt really heat it up, not hard up against the rad but yea bit long. at the time it was the easyest way cos most of it came off my rb30e+t and was pretty close, also 600mm long cooler so wasnt room 2 make the pipe come bak 2 the l/h side.

but now with alot more room under the head lights and no gay grill there ill re do the piping so b lot less of it...

Edited by OUTATIME

Sounds like alot of work, why must R30's be so difficult ;)

If I need one I will let you know.

With the Carbon Fibre stuff, dont you have to send them the parts aswell to convert? In that case I might have to raid a wreckers for some MR30 interior parts to send over aswell.

Then I have to be a good boy and stop spending money on the DR until I get a KGC10 :wub:

Once the R30's are in your blood you cant seem to let them go...

I have given up the GTR idea, keeping the DR30 and I am now getting a full retrim and redoing inside the boot which was one thing that always let my car down. Still havent given up the idea of also buying back my old Paul Newman to add to the collection as well if Zeb hasnt sold it yet.

Edited by Ravenoak

Once the R30's are in your blood you cant seem to let them go...

I have given up the GTR idea, keeping the DR30 and I am now getting a full retrim and redoing inside the boot which was one thing that always let my car down. Still havent given up the idea of also buying back my old Paul Newman to add to the collection as well if Zeb hasnt sold it yet.

I know what you mean, rule number one (and the most important rule) for getting a KGC10; The DR30 now has to stay :P .....I'm really glad I didn't sell it when I had the chance.

What are you doing with the trim the RS-X Red/Black... or something different? From the outside yours looks smick, quite surprised you are doing a re-trim... though didnt you have the "menstral red" interior?

I know what you mean, rule number one (and the most important rule) for getting a KGC10; The DR30 now has to stay :D .....I'm really glad I didn't sell it when I had the chance.

What are you doing with the trim the RS-X Red/Black... or something different? From the outside yours looks smick, quite surprised you are doing a re-trim... though didnt you have the "menstral red" interior?

The rear seats had faded (yes the straight red trim) and the rear quarter trims needed to be redone. I have the black/red RSX front seats (with power adjustment) now and although they are in good condition they dont perfectly match the door trims etc. I am thinking red/black with a red cloth insert and and either black leather surround or black cloth. The red and black trim design would be the same as the RSX spec but with only difference possibly the leather surround. As for the boot the trim panel behind the rear lights is crap and it is a bit messy generally. I am putting in a small sub and trimming the whole boot to match nicely. I just want the interior to be smick like the exterior. Some people might not be bothered but I am a bit anal about these things.

You might have to get on a queue for your PNV. If I had the space it would already be here, but I believe there is some interest from down south for that one.

Cheers, D

I will see what happens. I have left my offer on the table with Zeb.

I have seen some pics somewhere with a black lether sorround in an RS-X it looked pretty pimp

... I wouldnt really wouldnt call the being anal, I would be the same :D

Probably like the one I saw on yahoo japan. It looks more pimp in that photo as the red cloth insert looks more pink than red. Provided the red is right I think it will lift the look of the interior but still be in keeping with the car. Here is a job my trimmer did on a Mustang. You just have to imagine a red insert where this one is blue.

post-22767-1210808685_thumb.jpg

i have been in contact with zeb for a while now....

seems the price fluctuates every time i ask!

i got about 15 pics of it.... looks like it needs some TLC thats for sure.

can you PM me? I would be interested in seeing the pics.

cheers

Probably like the one I saw on yahoo japan. It looks more pimp in that photo as the red cloth insert looks more pink than red. Provided the red is right I think it will lift the look of the interior but still be in keeping with the car. Here is a job my trimmer did on a Mustang. You just have to imagine a red insert where this one is blue.

Ahh thats where I saw it! looked the right red on my computer... though knowing japs it wouldnt surprise me if they were pink :D

i've always liked this one :)

Thats mint! I like it too, though its my DR's twin .... only red :)

Why does everyone opt for canons on the rear instead of twins like the original?

Mine just happened to come with a big cannon, one day im going to go for a big twin exhuast though... not a small twin like the ones on Jenesis.

what are peoples opinions, Im starting to rethink a KGC10 GT-R mock with RB25DE and now leaning towards importing an RS-X Sedan and a R30 Station Wagon and build and RS-X wagon ... thinking it will be alot cheaper and rarer in the long run.