SAU Community

Just Got Writen Off And Need Help

Rucker34

hi guys. i live in rockingham. just had some one go up the back of me and writen my gtt off.

does anyone know where i would be best off having my car towed to?

yea the insurance company should take it it to a compound....

i dont think you get to keep it if its written off, you just get the cash..

but they sometimes offer for you to buy it back, then u can pull out eletronics etc and sell them off.... which means u could make more money then it cost you to buy it back...

Bad luck having the car wrote off :P.. at least it wasnt your fault..

thats fcked up, and you was planning to upgrade the exhaust and that too :P

good luck with all your insurance ay..

and the main thing is..that your okay..you are right?

Edited by viet_boi

Sorry to hear that man :P

When you call the insurance company they will organise for it to be picked up & assessed, as long as you have all the details of the person that hit you it should be fine. And as said hope your alright!

what all the other guys said

hope you have Full Comp!

otherwise claiming off the other dude will be a bitch

not if you bring a baseball bat

the first hit to the knee is just to let him know you're serious, if nothing happens, then go the head shot :P

whether he had full comp or just third party shouldnt matter right... Rucker34 that is??

Since it wasnt his fault, the other person insurance company should pay for it?

I hope the person at fault had insurance :P

hi guys,

yeah im fine thanks neck feels a little stiff will see how it is in the morning.

pretty upset but... like viet boi just said i was planning to start getting some work done on her. Just glad this happened before i went to all the trouble.

I do have full comp which is good but yeah it should all be on him any way. he said he was fully covered but got me sort of worried because its his ex girlfriends insurance or something :P i have all his details anyway. even if he tried to give me false information i would be able to track him down because my girlfriend works in just specs in the shops, and he gets his glasses from them so all his information is on the system.

bloody falcon!! im guessing my car is a total write off he did not get on his skids what so ever. he swerved at the last second and just ploughed strait into the back of me. The back of the car is sort of pushed into the boot. the spare tire took a lot of the force but is still pushed up quite close to the ECU and the back right wing is all crumpled and sticks out about a foot to the side of the car. back right tire wheel is pretty much pinned by the bumper. wish i took some pics.

the insurance company was closed and i could not leve the car on the side of the road because the boot was just flapping around. i called RAC and they put me through to C and S towing who checked my cover and have taken the car to the assessors in bayswater.

i just landed a new job so tomorrow is my last day of labouring which i was in a really good mood about and now it has put a hell dampener on the whole thing.

i am going to have a look int to getting the car back if it is classed as a write off (bloody hope so, i dont want it back after being bodged up) apparently it goes for auction but we will see a bout that!

sorry to hear that dude...

hope everything goes well with the job and also with the insurance, if you want to buy another white R34 GTT just let me know, we can work something out

let us know how it all goes with the car dude

Andrew :P

Im tellin ya its falcons bro... same thing happened to me last year, was just cruising around with the girlfriend, and some focker in a falcon pulls out in front of me = written off 33.... took ages to sort it all out, good thing was it was a write off and i bought it back for 3 grand... sold a few parts the swapped for a dirt bike... only problem with insurance is it takes so damn long, and problem with mine was it was under finance so i had a hard time refinancing... told myself i would never get another expensive car again, was thinking of getting a cefiro or something for around 12 grand... but because they wouldnt finance something that old, well i went with a 34 instead... only to be driving around and have the same thing happen, someone pulled out in front of me again... this time wasnt as bad, cracked headlight and fender bent a little... but just goes to show that aussie cars like to hit jap cars... so i know what ya goin through. Just keep on their asses about it and it should be sorted soon enough!

Im tellin ya its falcons bro... same thing happened to me last year, was just cruising around with the girlfriend, and some focker in a falcon pulls out in front of me = written off 33.... took ages to sort it all out, good thing was it was a write off and i bought it back for 3 grand... sold a few parts the swapped for a dirt bike... only problem with insurance is it takes so damn long, and problem with mine was it was under finance so i had a hard time refinancing... told myself i would never get another expensive car again, was thinking of getting a cefiro or something for around 12 grand... but because they wouldnt finance something that old, well i went with a 34 instead... only to be driving around and have the same thing happen, someone pulled out in front of me again... this time wasnt as bad, cracked headlight and fender bent a little... but just goes to show that aussie cars like to hit jap cars... so i know what ya goin through. Just keep on their asses about it and it should be sorted soon enough!

lol yeah i have been thinking the same sort of thing.

was thinking about getting the car back selling off the parts and with the money i can pay off the lone for the line and my dirt bike.

the insurance money would pay all that off anyway but the parts would give me more money. then i can get my self a well looked after old 4WD ute so i can get my bike out more often. then i will be able to save up and maybe get myself an r34 gtr in a couple of years(im guessing i will have saved up a little bit of money, and they will b a bit cheeper by then). just dont know if i can wate that long for another skyline.

sorry to hear that dude...

hope everything goes well with the job and also with the insurance, if you want to buy another white R34 GTT just let me know, we can work something out

let us know how it all goes with the car dude

Andrew :P

if i do find my self to be too inpatient and wanting to buy another skyline. you got any pictures of yours? :ermm:

shit box falcon swiped the side of my r33 gtr vspec last year at work in an EMPTY car park!

yep i really dont like the falcons ay!!! like the holdens but the falkon is just an ugly ass shitty car if you ask me. and looks like they dont stop too goot eather.

Ahhh that's sucks man.

My bro asked me last night if I knew you, he drove past in the yellow s15 while you were just about to be towed.

All the best with it. :wave:

Hey Mate

Sorry to hear about the accident. I suggest if you have full comp to go ahead and make a claim. I used to work as a claims officer at an insurance company and the easiest way for you to get your claim through is to put your claim in and pay the excess. Its a pretty straight forward claim in terms of whos at fault so when you make your claim and everything is sorted you will get your excess payment back to you. The quicker you make a claim the quicker you can have your car assessed. What people generally dont understand is that you cannot force another person to make a claim. If this person doesnt want to make a claim on their insurance he or she doesnt have to, not even the police can force that person, at best he or she might get charged wif some sort of driving offence. Hence why we have insurance so they can sort all that stuff for you, thats why we pay them money for... make them work for their money. Basically your car will get repaired or you get a payout and your insurance company will just bill the other party with a lump sum

hope that helps

cheers Calvin