SAU Community

How Often Do You Drive Your Car?

Haysey

Kms per week  

163 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Skyline is lucky to be started once a week,driven maybe every 2nd weekend.

Work ute is used for work amongst other things.(FREE PETROL)

And an excel to putt around if im sick of driving the ute(blardy dinosaur)

Got the line in November 04 with 80,000kms and now it has 123,000kms

not like my first two cars which i had each for 3months and put between 30-35,000kms

on each.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both our 33 and 34's are daily drivers.. 34 is used more because it's our family car and more fuel economic than the 33.. has four doors too.. both are over 100, 000kms

Looking for a 31 or anything that is fuel economic... petrol prices seem to be going up everyday..

Hey,

Yeah i drive my 34 Daily thinking about keeping it as a daily and getting a GTR32 for weekends when i can afford it that is.

most of the time is a low daily.. I usually switch between cars as my bike has no rego. Once I have that back on the road they will be for when I'm too lazy to ride :D

I work in the city so i take the peasant transport. The R34 is a pretty much a weekend car. Occassionally we use it to go to the in-laws for dinner during the week but that's like once or twice.

Mine is finally my daily again!!

low kms this time around seeing I don't commute 100+ kms a day anymore!! Used to be 50,000kms a year... now I drive 3.2 kms each way to and from work :rofl:

My other daily, zeddles is currently being put to good use by Smoky :P

Saw petrol prices rise in March, so got myself a bike, drive 2 days, ride 3 days just to be on the safe side.

Then last Friday, got hit by a van, so back to driving everyday.

I've totalled around 4000 kms since buying it in December 07, mine is a daily driver and I drive it whenever I have the slightest excuse :D Thankfully the country town work journey takes 5 minutes.

Bought my line last May with 68,000 on the clock... Just cracked 114,000 today. I love driving the thing, but I do wear parts out...

Little things start to worry you when you drive a tuned line as much as I do. My gear box is on the edge... The synchros arent working properly and it crunches into 2nd and 3rd. No amount of additive or oil changes can rectify that, and knowing that it could shit itself pretty much anywhere is a concern.

But hey, its the joy of owning a line isnt it!?

I work in the city so i take the peasant transport. The R34 is a pretty much a weekend car. Occassionally we use it to go to the in-laws for dinner during the week but that's like once or twice.

once or twice a week is probably closer to 'repetatively' or 'frequently' then 'occasionally' :D

I dont drive mine very much mostly cos im doing something to it. Also have the mity AE82 rolla and free public transport.

I'm pretty sure you're supposed to buy a ticket man :O

Saw petrol prices rise in March, so got myself a bike, drive 2 days, ride 3 days just to be on the safe side.

Then last Friday, got hit by a van, so back to driving everyday.

BAHAHAA and this one's just funny! :O

Hope you and the bike are ok thought :)

i drive mine every day, work, mates, where ever i go i drive it but i'm in canberra so traffic is never as bad as sydney

bought my car last october with 73,000 on it and now it has 93,000 on it so 20,000 in 7 months :D

Had my car nearly 4 years now. Bought it with 65,000 on the aftermarket speedo.

Now has 167,000. Same engine as when I bought it, just service every 3000k.

On my second gearbox I got rebuilt at the moment.

Happy cruising guys.

I drive around 400kms a week in my Skyline a week minimum, 50% of those kilometres are driven on Thursday night during the Coastie Cruise :O.

That being said, I drive my Skyline everywhere. For example on the Sunday/Monday of the July long weekend look where I'm going :O

I found out how to edit this post... get rid of the long and ugly code that I vomited here :D

The Pulsar - 2-3 days per week when it's not having work done. Sometimes I don't get to drive it for a month or two because of work. That's coming to an end in the next few months. It was daily driven for 3 years until Jan 2006.

The R34 - nearly every day. I do about 300-400km's per week in it and work is not much more than a 10km round trip...

The R31 - it used to be driven every day by my partner, goes to it's new owner in the next couple of days.

Both our 33 and 34's are daily drivers.. 34 is used more because it's our family car and more fuel economic than the 33.. has four doors too.. both are over 100, 000kms

Looking for a 31 or anything that is fuel economic... petrol prices seem to be going up everyday..

Don't buy an R31 for fuel economy :D

Edited by llama_au

mine is lucky to get driven 3 times a month.

Boss picks me up and drops me home everyday , and the days that he cant and i cant get a lift with anyone else i can grab a work van/ute or borrow a car from the dealership!

Id hate to see the fuel economy id get if i was driving it everyday. Tuggerah to Hornsby everyday.