SAU Community

The Goods On Oils

PHaT MR30

Regardless of price. Motul Chrono 300V (10w40) is the best possible oil for skylines. Trans and diff anything fully synthetic really, I like Redline gear oils for this purpose

best possible oil is probably the redline for hundreds of $$$, fully synthetic, group 5 and used by a lot of people for track cars.

can't remember the others but im sure you'll find them if you look back through the pages.

the thing is, if you're not running to the redline on a track for dozens of laps you don't need to spend that money on the oil. for a stockish steet car you can get away with a really good semi-synth, but i prefer group 4 or 5's, 8100 xcess, 300v or royal purple, all good stuff.

just be warned nulon "fully synthetic" is a lie, and magnatec is shite :)

• 2 weeks later...
did an oil change yesterday and used Motul 8100 X-CESS runs great at the mo really happy with it :)

Motul seems to be the preferred oil?I am curious to hear what others have to say about Castrol Edge. Where does it fit in when comparing synthetics (10-30w).

what is the going price for Motul 8100 X-CESS

Best price on a group 5 oil is Gulf Western Sougi 6000, it can be found for $60 for 5L, I was buying 300v but the price is excessive for the 5000k changes I do.

For those contemplating E85, the Sougi is ethanol/methanol tolerant unlike the 300v. (although I had no problem with it.)

motul 8100 excess will be about $75 for 5L.

sougi is the best value for money but no longer being made.

there is still heaps left tho

and if it gets used up quickly they may make another batch

best possible oil is probably the redline for hundreds of $$, fully synthetic, group 5 and used by a lot of people for track cars.

can't remember the others but im sure you'll find them if you look back through the pages.

the thing is, if you're not running to the redline on a track for dozens of laps you don't need to spend that money on the oil. for a stockish steet car you can get away with a really good semi-synth, but i prefer group 4 or 5's, 8100 xcess, 300v or royal purple, all good stuff.

just be warned nulon "fully synthetic" is a lie, and magnatec is shite :D

I run Redline in everything, only oil approved for use in F18 jets ?, and can get group buy happening if enough interest

I run Redline in everything, only oil approved for use in F18 jets ?, and can get group buy happening if enough interest

how much do you reckon we'd save on a group buy? i'd be keen if the price is okay

Definately interested in a Group Buy of redline oils at the right price.