SAU Community

Honda Ceo Demands Nsx Must Be Faster Than Gtr

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080619.003/ho...aster-than-gt-r

Honda's answer to the Nissan GT-R and Lexus LF A hit the ring earlier this week when our spies caught a black and white clad NSX prototype powering round the circuit. We had been questioning what kind of performance we can expect from Japan's newest supercar but now those questions have been answered after information has surfaced that Takeo f*kai, CEO of Honda demanded the development team build an NSX that is faster than both its Japanese rivals.

That would mean a lap time of at least 7 minutes 28 seconds would need to be achieved, that will certainly be a challenging task to undertake. Honda are going a little further upmarket than the GT-R with the package found under the hood with a front-mid mounted 5.5-liter V10 engine producing in the region of 550 ponies and 420 lb ft of torque.

Maximum efficiency for the engine will be achieved with a cylinder deactivation system when the car does not require all of its power such as at low speed. An eight-speed paddle-shifted automatic transmission is expected to pass the power to the wheels via a new version of Honda's Super-Handling All-Wheel-Drive system (SH-AWD).

The Honda/Acura NSX is still 2 years away but it will be interesting to see if they can once gain become Japan's ultimate supercar.

Interesting times in the car scene I love this :blush:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've also tried demanding a few things over the years, It seldom works out as expected :blush:

The new nsx will be around in 2010-11, with those extra yrs of development it should be something special.

Until the next one ofcourse. Still looks like a crx front welded to a bmw's ass to me though.

given that the previous generation NSX cost $245000, i can only imagine how hideously expensive the next one will be

even if it is a little quicker than the R35, i bet it costs around twice as much

^Exactly what i was thinking. By the time cars like this come out no one will care cause we all will be riding around on pushbikes because fuel stations will have loan approval documentations at the counter just to fill up a tank. It's a bloody joke!!

People who can afford to buy these super cars couldn't care less about petrtol prices. They'd all be fairly wealthy businessmen and what ever petrol they gulp won't come out of their own pockets.

If you have to sit down and think for 3 seconds about petrol, insurance, maintenence then you obviously can't afford it.

If the NSX does go tat bit faster than the GTR and cost twice a much, it would only serve to show how much better value the GTR really is. Only way is to be faster and sell at similar price range.

People who can afford to buy these super cars couldn't care less about petrtol prices. They'd all be fairly wealthy businessmen and what ever petrol they gulp won't come out of their own pockets.

If you have to sit down and think for 3 seconds about petrol, insurance, maintenence then you obviously can't afford it.

If the NSX does go tat bit faster than the GTR and cost twice a much, it would only serve to show how much better value the GTR really is. Only way is to be faster and sell at similar price range.

Exactly what I was trying to say.

Honda's are well know for their NA performance VTEC engines.

So whats the answer to go faster then the GTR, more fine tuning, bigger engine, turbos..?

The new NSX is running Honda's first sportscar-oriented adaptive AWD system, which has been the GT-R's party piece since the R32. So, "F1 inspired" with its 550hp V10 or not, giving the new NSX the ability to make use of that power (which separates powerful cars like Yank Tanks from fast cars like the GT-R and Porsche Turbo) has brought Honda to where Nissan was 20 years ago.

Its just occurred to me that Honda copying Nissan started in true Honda fashion, with rice. The stickers on the first "hot" NSX gave the car the same letter suffix in 1992 that Prince/Nissan put on their top-of-the-line sports car back in 1969. Even the colour of that decal is the same. And that's a 23 year jump.

First its the badge. Then its the AWD. Maybe in 2031 the NSX will get turbos and round tail lights too. They might even hire a European to run the company, who then drops the NSX name and just calls the successor the "Honda Type-R".

Even if they do achieve those times around the ring do they think nissan will be sitting on their hands for the next 2/3 years.

Let's see where the GTR is by then, No doubt the nissan peeps have plenty up their sleeve for future development.

Byt hey! credit to honda, At least they acknowledge The GTR is the new Black.

you can only squeeze so much out of an NA V6. Their no turbo policy means the only way to get more power is increase engine size.

Definitely more fun ahead as everyone want in on this Ring challenge. In fact, why don't they do that for the small hatch class, something else to brag about "fastest hatch to lap the ring",, ,fastest station wagon to lap the ring" fastest SUV to lap the ring" certainly wouldn't hurt.

i read a few years ago that Honda was building a new plant which will make cars like the nsx. They will increase the volume of the cars they make so that they can put the prices down to a more reasonable price to get more sales

you can only squeeze so much out of an NA V6. Their no turbo policy means the only way to get more power is increase engine size.

Definitely more fun ahead as everyone want in on this Ring challenge. In fact, why don't they do that for the small hatch class, something else to brag about "fastest hatch to lap the ring",, ,fastest station wagon to lap the ring" fastest SUV to lap the ring" certainly wouldn't hurt.

the yanks have managed to sqyeeze over 2000 horsepower out of them so I think theres still room for improvement. :)

2000hp from an NA V6....proof please

edit: no chance of that, F1s are (i believe) the highest output per litre car in the world, and they make what?...800hp from 2.4litres of V8 at 20,000rpm, these things spin so fast they use air instead of valvesprings, the metal cant spring fast enough, no chance the yanks build a 2000hp na NSX

Edited by Kranker

2000hp from an NA V6....proof please

edit: no chance of that, F1s are (i believe) the highest output per litre car in the world, and they make what?...800hp from 2.4litres of V8 at 20,000rpm, these things spin so fast they use air instead of valvesprings, the metal cant spring fast enough, no chance the yanks build a 2000hp na NSX

There is only so far you can go NA, but the trick with the Honda motor is if it happens to be more powerful NA - what happens when a tuner puts a couple of turbos on them?? The C32A motors have seen 2000hp with turbos bolted onto the side of them.

Given the NSXs were quicker than the GTRs with the same amount of cylinders, it will be interesting to see what happens when they go V10 - I think the GTR will be a hard act to follow but Honda have done it before. They DO go for a lot more money, but tend to stick to the more exotic end of the spectrum... not sure about in Oz but in NZ first gen NSXs can still command as much as R34 GTRs so they've got something right.

For what its worth if I had a million and were going to waste some on a car it'd (depending on what the Honda comes out like) be the GTR, but don't sell them short - they build a fine car and at the end of the day if they can build something that sells for the price of a 911 Turbo which punches harder than a Lambo while being a fully functional reliable economical street car with the "mojo" of having a high revving NA V10 all the power to them.

Edited by Lithium