SAU Community

V Model

Hi, I'm interested in getting a V35 and I have found a perfect one with Nismo body kit, 6 speed as standard. The problem with it is there is no stereobut there's speakers on the door & Brembo's. He guy told me it's a track spec model. Is it true? I can't find anything related to it. He also said the suspension is stiffer too. Anyone can share a light? spec?

Edited by FlyingEL

no stereo??

no V35 came without a stereo!

there was a "track" model which had a LSD, 18" wheels, brembo brakes, momo steering wheel

and i think some of the 2005 onwards versions had stiffer suspension on these models

but if it was an earlier model (2003/2004) then i think the suspension was the same across all coupe's

i would be wary if there is no stereo, why on earth would someone remove it unless it was broken or damaged?!

what else has then been removed?

I don't know, But this guy told me it's a track spec, so no stereo. It's a 2003 model and selling for AUD31000. I like the car, clean and paint work looks perfect. No major accident.

You'll see a lot of 03/04 manuals referred to as "track spec".

This is because in Aus the 350Z with brembo's was called "track" model and so alot of people use this to describe the cars with Brembo's.

I have never seen a "track" spec V35 Coupe from japan. Things mentioned above came as standard or optioned on certain models, and the only name the coupe has ever had is 350GT Coupe. The only exception to this is the Anniversary edition. Which was 350GT Anniversary Edition.

Hey mate,

That's standard non premium coupe, cloth seats, with a Nismo bodykit.

With the stereo, looks like they upgraded to a double din system, then took it out before sale.

I doubt it.

From what i know only the 2006 and up manuals got the stiffer suspension.

It may have after market suspension but there wasn't a factory option in the earlier models

IMHO - Stock suspension is firm enough, any stiffer than that is not required unless you want to take it to the track... and pull out all the trims like Waz did and put some felt in to reduce squeaking... the stiffer the sus, the more squeaks you'll hear!

looks good actually...if th stereo was professionally removed and you've already got the double din conversion then all thats needed is to buy a double din DVD unit stick it in and u've probably ended up with a better stereo from factory complete with DVD etc...as Chris said, an easier fix than if you had all the factory and NAV stuff to pull out.

+ ur getting the kit + brembos + 6spd. Doesn't matter if its non premium, you've already got most of the good bits on it minus the leather seats + bose

Yes That's what i think too, N15mo, I don't like leather seats anyway. And the 2 din DVD system looks better too. Thanks for all your good advice. I'll post better picture of the car when I get it. Can't wait. :(

Hey mate,

That's standard non premium coupe, cloth seats, with a Nismo bodykit.

With the stereo, looks like they upgraded to a double din system, then took it out before sale.

I think your on the ball there

• 1 month later...
I think your on the ball there

This might seem a bit strange to ask, especially since all the stuff I have read just today but can someone please confirm that the Stereo is below and in front of the Screen and this Screen drives out of the hole at the top of the Centre console. The Screen is usually hidden from view.

Is this on all models or just some... does the Screen pop up and do all Sedans and Coupes have it, or just the Premiums, or the one's with TV/DVD option?

If it is a TV/DVD option I presume that this also means that you get a Trip computer as well as a TV, that only works in The land of the long white cloud.

Isn't a Double Din head unit standard across the range and the Bose (Double Din too) an option on all models?

How do you know if the wiring and (Japanese) hardware for TV is fitted to your car, where do you look?

Getting kinda excited with all this research and all of you guys appear to have a great car, with so many things to think about before I go looking and driving. I hope I like them to drive...

Cheers all