SAU Community

Car Vs House

R34NRG

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

From my research houses doubling in 7-10 years is a trend "in high growth areas" since the 70's. Sure there will be lulls where the value doesn't go up but in the long run it will always go up. I was carefull where I bought mine. Lots of growth in south east queensland so I went for brisbane. 20 mins from CBD. It should be a good choice. Time will tell though.

Good on you mate, you've done a wise thing - at least you've invested your money in something that will grow in the long term; thats better than buying a car. BTW I'm not a financial advisor, my rant was just my personal opinion and just some food for thought and I could be completely wrong. And lets not forget that each state will be different, as will eash suburb, when it comes to growth of house prices.

I hope that your house price goes up sooner rather than later and rewards you for your investment! :thumbsup:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would loved to live at home still... Im 28 lol Id have a Skyline (or even a better car), a house (live there for 6 months, get the first home buyers then move back home) and Id be saving to go travelling around the world...

Too bad for me, my folks moved interstate when I was only 22 yo so since then I had to manage on my own and save for everything alone which is great but can be tough.

If you can still live at home, buy that house, get the FHOG and then rent it out. :thumbsup:

I guess you have been through the hard yards to get where you are now. Good on you for doing so!

Congradulations on the first home. I do have that in mind and rent it out, but then still live at home.

As you said your folks moved interstate when you were 22 yo, guess that is out of your control. You have your life and they have theirs.

We all have different situations and the more financial support the better as it seems.

And yes you are right, some people can't afford to buy a house while working at Maccas, but they also should not own an expensive import if they knew what is good for their finance.

If I looked back 12 months ago, there is no way Id imagine Id be buying a house this year... it takes a lot of saving, patience, living below your means and letting go of "fun" things today in order to enjoy more of them tomorrow!

The problem with our society is that we want fun and we want it right now.

lol thats quite a generalization. It depends on the person's job, income and their financial future.

You cant go around preaching they shouldnt buy an import just cause it wasnt a viable option for you.

I purchased my r32 when i was 18 (now 20) and couldnt be more happier, sure i dont have a massive amount saved up for a house etc, but if you look at the statistics, people dont move out of their house until 25+ yrs old.

I'll be finishing uni next year (age 21) and will have 4-6yrs of saving up according to the statistics.

The spending/purchasing I do with my car now wont make any big difference in saving once i get my full-time job

It depends on the financial future of the person and their current situation.

geee quite the thread this has become. noice to see a substation amount in the votes HAHA.

on a serious note.

the amount of money ive spent on my car would have been a very effective deposit on a house, so i sorta do feel sometimes, gee should i really have spent this much on a car.

then again im also in uni and a house isnt a massive demand.

but i do wish sometimes i have my own place

ur in uni? Arent u working full time? how much u spent on your car???????

geee quite the thread this has become. noice to see a substation amount in the votes HAHA.

on a serious note.

the amount of money ive spent on my car would have been a very effective deposit on a house, so i sorta do feel sometimes, gee should i really have spent this much on a car.

then again im also in uni and a house isnt a massive demand.

but i do wish sometimes i have my own place

This ones easy!!!

HOUSE WOULD SO EASILY OWN A CAR!! unless it was made of straw... then the car might win cause if it caught on fire it would burn the straw house down... however if we're talking your everyday std type house which is generally brick then it would so own it in a fight... especially if it has a big brick wall cause that would pretty much wreck the car.

This ones easy!!!

HOUSE WOULD SO EASILY OWN A CAR!! unless it was made of straw... then the car might win cause if it caught on fire it would burn the straw house down... however if we're talking your everyday std type house which is generally brick then it would so own it in a fight... especially if it has a big brick wall cause that would pretty much wreck the car.

how would the fire get started? is that because of the flame thrower on the back of andru's r34?

What if the house had big french doors and the car could get inside and rip the guts out of the house?

Just get a truck...it'd own both car and house then it could be a source of income after the fight.

Farkin logic...shocked me too.

Edited by madbung

how would the fire get started? is that because of the flame thrower on the back of andru's r34?

when it caught on fire from crashing into it! omg your such a duh

What if the house had big french doors and the car could get inside and rip the guts out of the house?

Just get a truck...it'd own both car and house then it could be a source of income after the fight.

Farkin logic...shocked me too.

stupid logic... have to ruin it for everyone dont u

get this:

DSC_0672-1.114201908_std.JPG

and you will have enough money to get this:

Carson%20Mansion%20pic%2004.JPG

plus maybe this from the left over change:

kettcar.jpg

so what you now have is a car, a bike and a big fcuking house....

yeah jazz is a daily, r33 is weekend, and i still save about $200 a week

i have changed the plans a bit at hte moment, cos im no where near getting married, i figure i plan to get my business up and running :O

WHats marriage got to do with anything? Im not married either.

Depends on your situation I guess. For me its the line & a computer is all I need.

21, still with my parents (& my grandma too :O) , I cbb to move out (although if I do & declare independence, I can get $ from center link...) & they don't want me to neither (they don't trust me living in a shared house).

So when I finish uni & get a proper job (hopefully), I'll just pay them $ & buy my room, & when they build the new house (they have already bought a new block of land up north), I'll just buy this current house from them hopefully @ a very "discounted" price :(

For me, I'm happy just buying this current house from my parents when they move to the new house, as this current house is plenty for me already.

All the rest of the $ can go to getting some better cars & coms.

Don't be so naive, buy a house elsewhere, if you offer 200 K and they get 300 K for it, who do you think they will choose to sell it too? If I was them I wouldnt even think twice about 300 K.

lol thats quite a generalization. It depends on the person's job, income and their financial future.

You cant go around preaching they shouldnt buy an import just cause it wasnt a viable option for you.

I purchased my r32 when i was 18 (now 20) and couldnt be more happier, sure i dont have a massive amount saved up for a house etc, but if you look at the statistics, people dont move out of their house until 25+ yrs old.

I'll be finishing uni next year (age 21) and will have 4-6yrs of saving up according to the statistics.

The spending/purchasing I do with my car now wont make any big difference in saving once i get my full-time job

It depends on the financial future of the person and their current situation.

I guess for many there is a phase where they waste money on cars and other (usually useless) stuff... been there, done that...for some that extends well into their 30s... for myself, it finished when I was 27, although I got my first car (R33 Skyline GTST) when I was turning 26 :O

A few years ago I had the oportunity to buy a house - I didnt and bought a skyline. A mate of mine was in the same position, he bought the house, fast forward a few years, he owns 2 houses, owned a 33gts, 33gtst, 33gtr, now has a 350z. I have finally bought a small house with my wife, and what do I drive? an automatic falcon wagon...

Buy the house.

Yeah house for the win if you can afford to do it.