SAU Community

Factory Ecu Tune For Skylines! Great Results!

jizza

Hey guys,

I recently made one of the luckiest phone calls of my life and happened upon the opportunity to trial a new tuning program that can manipulate the factory ECU is most Nissans, including all skylines. The guys at BPS at Cleveland in Brissy were able to change the factory air/fuel ratios, as well as factory boost levels with the standard boost solenoid. My car is an R34 with the tiptronic semi-auto and I have been looking for something like this for a while now and I'm totally stoked with the results.

My car is pretty close to standard, the only mods are:

- K & N Pod filter

- Blitz LM FMIC

- BOV

So as you can see I don't really have any substantial power mod upgrades... not even exhaust yet.

On the first few runs the car dynoed between 155 - 165kw at the treads. After some adjustments, and an extra pound or two of boost and it ran 183.5KW ATW!! With room for more potential, AFM was maxed out due to a boost leak in my cooler piping. Dyno sheet won't attach, but ill work on getting it on. I think the results speak for themselves, pretty awesome option for anyone not wanting to fork out the expense for a full after market ECU.

If anyone wants any further info hit up the guys at BPS and they'll be happy to help you out.

Cheers,

Jizm

Edited by jizza

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good on ya mate. You got some decent results.

Only thing I find weird is that you proceeded to tune the car with a boost leak instead of fixing it?

Now your going to have to get another tune once you fix? If it was so simple as a cooler pipe why didn't the guys at BPS fix it before tuning (or when they found it)?

It will be good to see the Dyno sheets once you can attach them.

I was the test dummy for the program so I actually got it for free... but i think your looking at around the $1000 mark, if ur interested I can give you the phone number and BPS can hook you up with a quote. And yes, that does include timing.

Reason it got run with the leak was because it wasn't detected right away. I was keen to get the car back, and we didn't have time to pull the whole front bar off to adjust the hose clamp. I'm fixing up the leak and taking it back down early next week. Might see if I can get my exhaust fitted before then as well to take advantage of the free tune. ;)

Still working on the dyno sheet.. won't upload as an attachment

Lol, sounds like I need far more technical info, I'll phone up tomorrow and get the full details. I don't think its just a remap because from my understanding (which is clearly limited) they install some kind of emulation software into your ECU... Don't quote me on this but I'll find out for sure tomorrow and clarify any questions. I'm quite sure I haven't been taken for a ride because I was of the opinion you can't change factory boost levels and remove speed limiter and boost cut. But like I say, I'll find out full details and end speculation. Watch this space for more details.

Hey this tune sounds good, Ive currently got a 3inch turboback exhaust system with high flow cat, podfilter & a turbotech boost controller boosted to 10psi. How much Kw's can i get out of this if i tune like what you did? Thanks would appreciate it.

Geraus Huynh

Hey this tune sounds good, Ive currently got a 3inch turboback exhaust system with high flow cat, podfilter & a turbotech boost controller boosted to 10psi. How much Kw's can i get out of this if i tune like what you did? Thanks would appreciate it.

Geraus Huynh

If you are looking for a remap then speak to someone such as Dr Drift as he is in Melbourne.

You would get anywhere around the 180-190rwkw mark with those mods and a remap.

Nistune now has a realtime daughterboard for ER34 and we are gathering an extensive collection of various ROM images to support the variety of different ECU part numbers in our next ROM pack release

(We have noticed earlier types dont have the traction control facilities and there is extra stuff for tiptronic automatics in the later ECU ROM revisions)

We have had several workshops install them in Australia and some individuals running them overseas... We are still field testing S14A/S15 and OBD-II USDM ECUs at the moment with the same board. Once that is done we will start advertising the boards on the site. But ER34s run without any problems

For a sneak peek we have the Type 4 hardware installation manual at www.nistune.com

Basically they make the ECU tunable like an aftermarket ECU like the powerfc

I went down and saw James at BPS today to get some more info for the critics.

This is how it goes, similar to what darkhalf mentioned about the Nistune program (nice hi-jack), the tuner can manipulate the factory ECU in real-time, much like an autronic or Power FC. This is achieved by adding new hardware to the factory ECU (daughter board). This acts as an external storage device which contains maps for the ECU, which is different from a flash tune, or simple remap and is better because it doesn't simply "trick" the ECU into running different settings. From here the tuner can remove the speed cut, adjust boost, timing and fuel. The good lads from BPS will soon be providing a more in depth explanation after everyone has finished having their rant.

The results are quite impressive, in fact with my new exhaust the car dynoed at 198.9kw atw, which I'm stoked with. For some reason it won't let me upload my dyno sheets, anyone got any suggestions?

I'm really happy with the result and I'm sure plenty of others will be to. Keep on eye on this post for some more specifics. If you like what you see James from BPS Cleveland is the man to speak to.

Ta,

Jizm