SAU Community

Whats The Best Rb25 Plenum

Id love to see one of those racepace conversion kits. The site is flash, but relatively painfull to visit.

I spoke to Alex at Plazmaman a while back and all his plenums are designed on a flow bench. I cant imagine then that the flow is rubbish.

Id love to see one of those racepace conversion kits. The site is flash, but relatively painfull to visit.

I spoke to Alex at Plazmaman a while back and all his plenums are designed on a flow bench. I cant imagine then that the flow is rubbish.

there is more to manifolds than flow, think of a manifold as a sub box (theory wise) and you will be far closer to producing a quality item.

Race Pace; 9762 9421 Factory 9 no.6 Hollway Drive Bayswater 3153 (Top workshop)

plazmaman use factory runners which are fairly long aswell i was trying to steer cleer of the long ugly runners

thanks guys im thinking jun copy plenum chamber and custom runners might be the trick

ill let you all know how well it works (before and after dyno results)

thanks

keeps ideas coming if you have any others

I had the whole mission of choosing the right manifold to due to my piping getting in the way of the stock one.. after to talking to heaps of tuners, mechanics, fabricators etc, I found that having the standard runners is the best for response down low - the short runners supposed to be awesome for top end but will make the thing a dog down low, especially with the 3540.

The guy that tuned my car was saying that the Plazmaman one as it is so large would obviously flow awesome but wouldnt be the best for low revs and quick spool they are a large volume plenum - basically the turbo has to make the boost to fill all your piping plus the large plenum. So it is a bit of a catch 22 and you have to decide what you want from it. Moral of the story is, its basically like an exhaust on an N/A car, if its too big the thing will have shit acceleration but scream in the high revs, if the exhaust is smaller, you'll have the pressure down low to get good response but the theing will be restricted at the high revs.

When I did mine I didnt want to or really think of buying an ebay copy and modding the runners so that is why i went the Plazmaman, looks neat in the engine bay if you match the finish right + has the long runners for down low + the good flow for making the thing go crazy later on.

Edited by ThirtyThree

• 2 weeks later...

i am in the process of looking for a new plenum and intercooler kit. THinkin bout going the full kit from Plazmaman. $2875.00 is alot of cash. Do any of the guys on here have any dyno results of fitting the said plenum to a rb25det. That would be great. Cheers

Check my website www.ripsracing.com in the products section, there's some pix there of a few of our plenims.

I have one of our latest R33 RB25 plenim kits in stock, its the type we use on all our street and drift motors and we've had very good results.

I can ship within hours of payment and the full kit with plenim, new billet 80mm throttle body, cable, fittings and gasket I'll do for nzd1300incl shipping.

Look here for pix of the actual kit and other things we've made recently,

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/104094-r-i-p-s-...abrication.html

Rob

god dam all that stuff looks great. God work. Now will you be able to make a plenum the same for a rb25det but to fit a r32 engine bay. Does anyone know if the engine bays are the same size. I am not sure even if i order a greddy or plazmaman kit if it will fit in the engine bay.

With the plenum from NZ Rob do you have any dyno sheets with before and after or any proof of the results. Would be good to see. Cheers.

god dam all that stuff looks great. God work. Now will you be able to make a plenum the same for a rb25det but to fit a r32 engine bay. Does anyone know if the engine bays are the same size. I am not sure even if i order a greddy or plazmaman kit if it will fit in the engine bay.

With the plenum from NZ Rob do you have any dyno sheets with before and after or any proof of the results. Would be good to see. Cheers.

That plenim will suit a R32 body and its to suit a R33 type RB25 head, I presume thats what you have. I have plenty of pix of them in 32s, if you want to see them e-mail me [email protected]

I havn't done back to back testing from stock with no other changes but we've had real good results with these plenims and all the drift guys with them comment on the response etc.

I have done a 8.7 @ 162 in a street car and one motor we did recently made 620whp at 1 bar on 98 pump and 960whp at 2 bar with C16 with the same trumpet design and a slightly bigger plenim body so there is no question they are fine for performance as well.

Rob

Edited by R.I.P.S NZ

theres some ppl here saying the stock runners r best for low down...so can u just get say the top half of the greddy plenum n fit it to ur stock runners?

No such thing as a top half greddy plenum. It's all in one and replaces everything in the stock setup, runners and plenum.

Its nzd1100 for a GTR plenim, 6 pack, throttle linkages and a RB25 base modified to take it all if we supply everything.

If you want to send me the lower 1/2 of your plenim deduct nzd200.

Its not a 5 minute job to do it nicely and there's a fair bit of welding and porting involved.

We've done a few of them and they seem to respond really well.

I suppose it comes down to the look your after as much as anything but I suppose theoreticly you'd get slightly better response from the 6 pack with GTR plenim but not alot of difference up top.

Rob

Its nzd1100 for a GTR plenim, 6 pack, throttle linkages and a RB25 base modified to take it all if we supply everything.

If you want to send me the lower 1/2 of your plenim deduct nzd200.

Its not a 5 minute job to do it nicely and there's a fair bit of welding and porting involved.

We've done a few of them and they seem to respond really well.

I suppose it comes down to the look your after as much as anything but I suppose theoreticly you'd get slightly better response from the 6 pack with GTR plenim but not alot of difference up top.

Rob

That is good value Rob $900.00 NZ exchange. Will the modified plenum and runners take the top feed, or side feed injectors.