SAU Community

*****need Help Finding Someone To Install N1 Turbo's At A Good Price Please Help Me******

_K1NGTR_

Hi all as the topic sais i am getting N1 Turbos for my R32 and got a quote for $800 to Install them and another $250 to tune the car but i did not know that N1's would cost so much to install as they are direct bolt on.

If anyone knows a Good Tuner to go to that installs cheap can you please let me know asap as i need this done soon and i am located in the south eastern suburbs of Melbourne so Dandenong, Morrabin, Cheltenham etc.

I would do this my self but i am in the Process of Spraying the car so i don't have the time and effort to install them i want to spray it and drop it off so any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks.

Yeah installing turbos ain't that cheap. Can't remember how much i paid. It was less than $800 i'm sure but not that much cheaper. maybe $600 + gaskets.

Edited by jantolis

$800? Your lucky it wasnt $1000 to be honest. $800 is cheap

Just because they are bolt on, does not mean its a 30 second job.

You have to take the intake setup off... front pipes off, then the rear dump, rear turbo, front dump, front turbo

And then reassemble in the order you took it all off and fix up anything that might be a miss in the process (gaskets, damaged vac hoses, poor condition hoses in the area while its apart etc etc)

So simply put, not a simple or fast job by any means.

You should try and do it yourself IMO, and then you'd see that $800 is more than reasonable for such a pr|ck of a job :P

$250 to tune also sounds too cheap IMO.

250 is what i got it dyno'd for the first time from this guy he just started off but he is very good all his equipment is new so its good and he knows what he was talking about.

I need to know other tuners in my area not if im paying to much or if anyone thinks 800 is a good price just need some numbers of shops or advice from people who have actually had N1's installed ?

when he says i think he just means a check to make sure the turbochargers are working and everything is ok

so basicvally just a health check once the turbochargers are fitted

this assumes you have the standard ecu?

or does he mean a touch up of your aftermarket ecu?

when he says i think he just means a check to make sure the turbochargers are working and everything is ok

so basicvally just a health check once the turbochargers are fitted

this assumes you have the standard ecu?

or does he mean a touch up of your aftermarket ecu?

NA i have a power FC he tuned it for me for 250 last time but the turbos im buying are getting built atm i just need to know if anyone has done this upgraded to N1 and how much it cost them and what else they had to do to their car i want to get cam gears all i have is:

Power Fc

Cat Back

And i had a rebuild a while back now im maxing out my turbos and they dont have much life left so i want to upgrade before they blow up and cause more problems later on .

im not happy with 800 i dont care i will pay 800 i wanted to know how much they payed to get an idea of how much it costs i know im getting a good price i just need to know what else i need to do im waiting for people to reply who own GTRs but thanx anyway mate

to be honest even i would not charge less than 800.... even then there is no way im gonna tune it for 250..... id probaly qoute $1200 (with PFC tune) drive in drive out.... my tuning alone is worth $550 and up on a setup like that especially considering i have more work than time.... all work is done on probably the best dyno in Vic.

Edited by URAS

to be honest even i would not charge less than 800.... even then there is no way im gonna tune it for 250..... id probaly qoute $1200 (with PFC tune) drive in drive out.... my tuning alone is worth $550 and up on a setup like that especially considering i have more work than time.... all work is done on probably the best dyno in Vic.

best dyno in vic? thats a pretty big statement well maybe ill give you a try send your details and to me and ill come down?

^ No its not. Its time, patience and a 1/4 drive socket set.

Mate Ash has summed it perfectly, so dont just 'thanks mate' and disregard his posts.

He knows plenty more than most on here who actually own GTRs. One of them is you.

800+ is the going rate. Thats it.

im not disregarding no ones comments im open to hear suggestions i hate opening a thread on these forums because i ask for one thing or friendly advice and all i get is people coming on who have to add their smart ass comments i didnt ask for peoples opinions i asked for peoples help and thank you for the people who gave me help im happy with 800 i think 800 is cheap and i will pay 800 i just asked what others payed and they told me so thank you for all your help