Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Anyone seen or heard from Karl?

He seems to have dropped off the face of the earth

Sorry guys.. Mrs had a baby, working and trying to finish of my project car.. Back on board now.. I may not be here all the time, but i do check my emails for new messages. I can still make all the parts that i made before.

I have tried fitting my fitting Karl and they seem a bit slack in the cam covers. Wonderign if I should put some paint on the covers before trying to fit to give it that extra little tight fit that it may be needing? your thoughts?

I have tried fitting my fitting Karl and they seem a bit slack in the cam covers. Wonderign if I should put some paint on the covers before trying to fit to give it that extra little tight fit that it may be needing? your thoughts?

Hi,

Sorry for yours to be a little slack. I make my parts based on the rocker covers that i have at work and this is the first instance i have heard that the fitting was a little loose as others seemed to be ok.

I do not mind replacing them if you like, as i like to keep everyone happy.

On the other hand you can just put some locktight on them or even a dab of silicon to make them tight or if you get the covers painted that will work too. Its not nesessary to make them tight (individual choice i guess). The main thing is that they do not leak, and as its not under extreme pressures it is unlikely to leak.

Please let me know and i will try to help you out.

Hope this helps.

Karl

Hi,

Sorry for yours to be a little slack. I make my parts based on the rocker covers that i have at work and this is the first instance i have heard that the fitting was a little loose as others seemed to be ok.

I do not mind replacing them if you like, as i like to keep everyone happy.

On the other hand you can just put some locktight on them or even a dab of silicon to make them tight or if you get the covers painted that will work too. Its not nesessary to make them tight (individual choice i guess). The main thing is that they do not leak, and as its not under extreme pressures it is unlikely to leak.

Please let me know and i will try to help you out.

Hope this helps.

Karl

Hey no worries, I will give it some paint and probably use the loctite on it in any event. Work is top notch and me being in Trinidad for a replacement I think is too much of a hassle to give you anyway.

Cheers.

If anyone has the factory drivers side elbow let me know i will buy it off you.

Sorry can't help.

Can't wait for summer to come and finally get the car down calder when it opens up again.

Thanks for your support. I have some seconds of parts that i am keen on getting rid off (rocker cover fittings RB25) Make offers. The only thing wrong with them is that they are little rough on the treaded section (nothing serious just a few chadder marks on them) and when fitted you will not know as the visual section is normal. They WILL tighten as per normal. I think i have only to suit rb25 though and there is about 4 sets. All offers considered, but you pay for postage if needed. These are the parts that karl rejects although functionaly perfect.

Thanks

Karl

• 4 weeks later...
im after a set of rb26 ones

pm me details plz

or i might be able to pick up as im s/e melb aswell

x2 for the RB26. I'll cover shipping to canada for the right price. Are the fittings compatible with earl's or goodridge connectors?

Edited by NismoSTune

• 2 weeks later...
x2 for the RB26. I'll cover shipping to canada for the right price. Are the fittings compatible with earl's or goodridge connectors?

Hi. I don't see why they will not work on the earl or goodridge style. The dash style (speedflow) are imperial sizing (u.s) so they should work. I think that its a standard they all work to for fitment

If you need 2 pairs i will throw in regular air mail to canada.

Let me know,.