SAU Community

11-sec Gt-r. How Would You Build One ? Need Advice!

robots

Hi!

I'm budgeting 11-sec GT-R build and wanted to ask for some pointers, suggestions.

Actually it will be AWD A31. I guess the weight will be compareable to R32-R33 GT-R.

All the AWD gear will come from R32 GT-R.

Now I need to budget the engine build to run 11-sec. Car must be reliable, must survive more than one 11-second launch.

Right now I'm thinking:

New garrett turbos (-5/-7)

R33 crank

Freshen up the engine

New oil pump (Tomei or Jun? They cost a leg though)

New piston rings

New bearings

Water pump

Oil restrictors

Tomei Oil pan baffle kit

Trust over size oil pump extension

Oil cooler (for increased oil capacity)

600cc injectors

Tomei/Nismo fuel pump

NISMO AFMS

GTR PFC

or

Dejetro PFC and no AFMs

Clutch:

ORC/HKS twinplate

Nismo strengthened spigot bush

Rear:

2 way lsd/locker

Car will probably run without interior.

What you guys think, can this setup pull 11-seconds ? Or Early 12s ?

Thanks!

You could probably run high 10's with that setup..

Check out this thread

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Ra...ek-t226580.html

depends what boost you want to run but you could get 350awkw and do high 10s without damaging the engine.. how long it will last depends on lots of factors tho..

Edited by Tomei_32

heard of high 11's with a "tweaked" stock GTR (cam gears, boost, fuel reg). But then again... "half of what you read" etc etc...

Less is more.

:kiss:

You could probably run high 10's with that setup..

Check out this thread

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Ra...ek-t226580.html

depends what boost you want to run but you could get 350awkw and do high 10s without damaging the engine.. how long it will last depends on lots of factors tho..

Hi!

I'm budgeting 11-sec GT-R build and wanted to ask for some pointers, suggestions.

Actually it will be AWD A31. I guess the weight will be compareable to R32-R33 GT-R.

Now I need to budget the engine build to run 11-sec. Car must be reliable, must survive more than one 11-second launch.

Right now I'm thinking:

R33 crank

Freshen up the engine

New piston rings

New bearings

Water pump

Oil restrictors

Tomei Oil pan baffle kit

600cc injectors

Tomei/Nismo fuel pump

NISMO AFMS

GTR PFC

or

Dejetro PFC and no AFMs

Clutch:

ORC/HKS twinplate

Rear:

2 way lsd/locker

Thanks!

i ran pretty much the same set-up except for HKS 2530's, Z32's, single plate clutch with 720cc injectors in a 1464kg car to run 10.36 @ 134 MPH

don' worry about 11's...make the goal 10's

the car was ultra reliable until rear turbo failed due to an oil feed blockage.

Edited by DiRTgarage

run 100hp gas on the standard set-up on 1 bar. will cost you about $1500 to set it up properly + a fuel pump, computer and good single plate clutch. thats it. a taxi can run a 11sec pass these days. the combo you are talking about will cost you 20k. and will be good for 10s.

i ran pretty much the same set-up except for HKS 2530's, Z32's, single plate clutch with 720cc injectors in a 1464kg car to run 10.36 @ 134 MPH

don' worry about 11's...make the goal 10's

reliability?

1 Its an RB26 >_< ...start from the crank...many drag cars use billet counter-balanced cranks.Don't bother

with a R33 GTR stock crank...their normally cracked and partly bent from the factory.

Balance is the key to creating a reliable engine.ie..have your rods balanced and your pistons weighed etc etc etc..

2 Get a better than average tune....don't be scared to spend money here...ask him or her what they prefer

DJETRO of Standard PFC.You though have not mentioned a good boost controller.

All the rest of your mods are great..they seem to be supporting mods..I guess you will be using stock pistons, rods, cams valve springs etc etc etc. I suspect your head gasket may need to be metal and u may continplate using a

set of new head bolts.

All of a sudden it sounds like your going to spend well over $25K.

Reliability is also never certain.

Your gearbox will need a little attention too....syncros fail here and I still need to discuss with my Guru if there

are any titanium or alternative ones on the market I can use on my gear-box build.

Os Giken and others though have some after market options for this...but very expensive,

Your clutch being a GTR32 type is a lot smaller than the GTR33/34 type. Giving it many hard launches will

give you heart ache after heart ache.Triple plate anyone?....not sure how to address this...you may need to speak to some one who has used a gtr32 as a drag car to see what he/she suggests can work on the street as well.

You did not say if this car was going to be used on the street as well.

There is also no mention on how many times you intend to go to the drags and achieve these constant 11or 10 second runs.

Hope I have been of some help.

11's on stock sized turbos isn't hard. If you only want to 'dip' into 11's then sticking with something of similar size but, steel wheeled would work fine for some frequent use.

Get some 10sec action by bolting a nitrous kit on to the stock turbos if you like. go a 150 to 200hp shot in a single fogger.

If you decide to go NOS brand go buy some of the bigger solenoids to replace the dinky ones they supply in the cheaper kits. Saves you mucking around with rebuild kits later if you use it a fair bit.

freshen up the stock motor with a good oil pump, cryo the crank and hpc coat the stock pistons.... then get it ballanced! Run a good exh and any steel wheel turbos. 044 intank pump, clean stock inj and a nismo FPR. Get your stock computer re-tuned for the new set up or a PFC. Good single plate clutch, good lube in the gearbox. High 11's on decent tyres shouldn't be a problem. Want occasional 10's?? Install a N20 kit and get it tuned properly, no more than 150hp or your combustion pressures start getting to high for your stock pistons.

why would you pull the motor out and put the stock pistsons back in?

and the crank doesnt need cryo... people have run 9s, and i think better than that on a factory outta the box crank, good enough for everyone else i reckon

Sorry, but if the plan is to eventually rebuild either way, to run 10's you should just bolt a nitrous kit onto the completely stock motor and run it at 14psi on the stock turbos with a good tune on a pfc and some drag radials. $1500 for the ECU, $600 for the tune, $1200 for the drag radials, $1000 for the nitrous kit including a bigger fuel pump, $1000 for the clutch, $15 for a boost controller, (hey this IS sau after all and you're all cheap kents!)

Adds up to under $6k

If it dies, rebuild it then. Not before.

Sorry, but if the plan is to eventually rebuild either way, to run 10's you should just bolt a nitrous kit onto the completely stock motor and run it at 14psi on the stock turbos with a good tune on a pfc and some drag radials. $1500 for the ECU, $600 for the tune, $1200 for the drag radials, $1000 for the nitrous kit including a bigger fuel pump, $1000 for the clutch, $15 for a boost controller, (hey this IS sau after all and you're all cheap kents!)

Adds up to under $6k

If it dies, rebuild it then. Not before.

Don't listen to him he is a dirty cheating ricer!

I'd like to see some bigger nitrous kits on RB's myself. I am helping a mate out with nitrous setup at the moment on his LS2 powered torrana hatch and we have a nice little 350 shot sorted out for it.

Might get some action for the bunky GTR happening later as between a few mates there are a few kit bits lying around I could have a go at frankenstiening something from. :D

Hi!

Right now I'm thinking:

R33 crank

Freshen up the engine

New piston rings

New bearings

Water pump

Oil restrictors

Tomei Oil pan baffle kit

600cc injectors

Tomei/Nismo fuel pump

NISMO AFMS

GTR PFC

or

Dejetro PFC and no AFMs

Clutch:

ORC/HKS twinplate

Rear:

2 way lsd/locker

Thanks!

If your car is running with a striped out that means you dont need much power, simple bolt on mods on a standard engine will get you 11s. I would be more focused on the suspension setup and tire choice, a 300 to 350kw engine will do it easy.

List:

-Standard engine with metal head gasket 1.2mm

-FMIC bout 100mm thick

-Good piping kit

-Power FC D Jetro

-600cc Injectors

-Bigger turbo's N1 equivlent

-HKS Dump pipes

-70mm front pipe

-4 or 5" high flow cat

-3.5"catback

-Quality boost controller running bout 1.2 - 1.3bar

-HKS Drag Coilovers and run 0 camber

-Twin plate clutch

-Nismo fuel pump

-N1 oil pump

If you have most of them parts then the build shouldnt cost to much.