SAU Community

My Rb26 Stagea After A Few More Upgrades

RSVFOURUK

Unfortunately a split rear oil cooler pipe caused some (a lot ) of overheating so the engine has just been rebuilt with forged internals and a few other bits

spec is now:

RB 26 DETT engine just rebuilt by tweenierob at T R Racing

Early much stronger N1 R32 block bored out to just under 2.7

Balanced crank with ACL racing bearings

Tomei forged rods

Tomei forged pistons

Trust oil pump

Tomei Cams and lifters

Tomei adjustable cam pulleys

R34 CAS unit

Nismo cambelt

N1 water pump

Tomei metal head gasket /inlet/exhaust manifold gaskets

Nismo engine mountings

Uprated Nismo clutch to 5 speed manual gearbox

Modified ATTESSA AWD (same as Skyline GTR)

Rebuilt transfer box

Garrett 2860-5 turbos with HKS elbows

700 injectors

Full Greddy balanced induction kit

Air con removed (as I never use it anyway)

Front mounted HKS intercooler ,

Large HKS aluminium racing Radiator ,

Remote front mounted HKS thermostatic oil cooler. -

Garage Defend carbon cooling panel and plenum cover .

Twin Blitz BOVs

Full Artel silicone hoses throughout

HKS down pipes and one off custom 80mm stainless exhaust system decat pipe now replaced with RB Motorsports racing silencer (was just tooooo loud ).

ENGINE MANAGEMENT

Apexi Power FC and commander to be changed to F-co V pro when run in (only 100 miles to go :P )

Mapped by Tweenierob ( T R Racing ) probable settings will be with a Profec B 2 Boost controller running 0.8 , 1.1 bar and 1.5 bar

Z 32 AFMs

Power

Expected 550-600 bhp when run in and fully mapped

Car has Apexi N 1 Coilovers suspension with Apexi 9000 wagon springs

uprated Whiteline anti roll bars with cusco camber arms

Kansai Strut Brace

Brakes are from 2001 R34 GTR v spec with R34 hubs , nismo braided hoses & brake stop.

Wheels are 18” Ultralite Nurenbergs Tyres are Dunlop NCT run flats

It has a full original Nismo Stagea body kit (this as rare as hens teeth even in japan) with series 2 crystal lights

Recaro interior with Momo racing steering wheel

Carbon facia , switch mounts and instrument face

Momo racing steering wheel

Carbon facia , switch mounts and instrument face

Apexi EL 2 electronic Gauges - Boost , oil pressure , oil temp , fuel pressure,EGT and water temp. All are linked through EL 2 control box with 30 sec playback , warning and peak hold facility

Has all Stagea options :- dual air con ( removed ) twin e/sunroofs , self closing tailgate , remote c/locking , cargo net and dog guard, parking sensors etc etc

a few pics

12062008078.jpg

06102008198u.jpg

06102008194u.jpg

06102008203u.jpg

IMG]http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa23/RSVFOUR/RB%2026%20Stagea/06102008200u.jpg[/img]

very nice

why change ecu tho? :P

Simple really - Rob the guys whos built the engine reckons the swop will give a noticeable difference because theres much more adjustment with the F con as its 32 bit not 16. This is also well supported by pretty much everyone Ive spoken to and Rob is acknowledged as one of the best mappers in the UK. .

So whilst it may not give much more power it should be much more driveable and more economical ( 99 octane aint cheap in the UK ) Also it will cope better with any future uprades should I lose the plot completely. :)

the other deciding factor is ££££

I have to pay for a full map anyway when its run in regardless - A full power FC map costs £300 an HKS one £500 (both from TR Racing) Ive been offered a HKS F con V Pro at a good price and can sell the power fc and the z32s for at least the same money .

Bearing in mind the costs Ive already on the engine at £100-£200 ish difference its a no brainer.

• 1 month later...

Took the car in to have the F Con Pro v fitted and mapped.

If only it was that simple.

First there was not enough current getting to the tomei fuel pump so it had to be rewired.

Then it was all systems go

First power run at ! bar gave 520 bhp :P Then boost upped to 1.3 and we got 490 ft lbs of tourque :yes:

Unfortunately one of the power steering hoses started leaking so no more could be done.

Still it looks like it will see over 600bhp which means the nismo clutch will need changing for an os twin plate as it wont cope with the launch control.

By the way anyone know if the power steering pipes are the same as a skyline.

Took the car in to have the F Con Pro v fitted and mapped.

If only it was that simple.

First there was not enough current getting to the tomei fuel pump so it had to be rewired.

Then it was all systems go

First power run at ! bar gave 520 bhp :P Then boost upped to 1.3 and we got 490 ft lbs of tourque :yes:

Unfortunately one of the power steering hoses started leaking so no more could be done.

Still it looks like it will see over 600bhp which means the nismo clutch will need changing for an os twin plate as it wont cope with the launch control.

By the way anyone know if the power steering pipes are the same as a skyline.

Great car mate. Are you anywhere near a drag strip? Would love to know what times you can acheive.

BTW for a serious fuel supply solution have a look here: http://ripsltd.com/products.html

• 2 weeks later...

At last the mapping is completed.

We had to put a twin plate giken clutch in because the uprated single plate Nismo clutch simply surrendered.

The dyno readout was not working properly but Tweenie rob estimates 610-620 with just over 500ft lbs torque . This is based on him driving the car as well as the fcon readings and his experience with rb26s (which is considerable)

All I know is its bloody quick and bloody thirsty.

The wait and grief all seems worthwhile now.

Its my shade of green. But there the similarity ends.

Green with envy.

Very nice.

My shade of green too, but like Hugh's, the similarities end there with mine too. :banana:

Where is that rear wing from? I love it!