SAU Community

New Rb30 Project From The Uk - Can Somebody Confirm My Plan?

Guishnu

Hi Fellah's :thumbsup:

I have posted here a couple of times, but im from the UK and would really apreciate some help regarding my RB30 project? I have spent HOURS ploughing through the threads and topic on here and gathered quite a bit of information, but i wanted to confirm that what im doing is correct + ask a couple of questions.

Unlike in AUS, RB30 engines here in the UK are VERY VERY rare and bloomin expensive. (£600 would buy you a basic bottom end only) so i want to try and get it right first time!

I have an RB30E engine out of a Nissan Patrol and im planning to mount it up to my RB25DET (vvt) head and throw it in my 4 door R34 (see below)

Im planning on:

• Replacing Big End Bearings with Nismo (or similar)
  • Using ARP Rod Bolts
  • Using Standard Pistons with new piston rings (are aftermarket available)
  • Getting Oil Squirers fitted
  • 1.0mm commetic head gasket

Questions:

What sort of power (in HP because us engrish don't understand complicated KW figures :) ) will an RB30 bottom end handle in this sort of spec?

Can i deck the RB25DET VVT head to up the compression ratio from 8.2:1?

Is there any sort of weakness with the ring lands etc on the RB30 piston as there is with the RB25?

Engine is going in this car:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/guis...GP4389-Edit.jpg

Hopefully i will keep this thread updated as i go... Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Chris

keep the revs below 7500.

keep the boost under 15psi

and keep the power capped to 360rwhp

if you stick to these figures you will have a reliable engine.

there are a lot of guys pushing over 400rwhp with these engines with no reliability issues but pistons and rods will be at risk at these power levels.

my 30det is a stock bottom end rb25det vvt head and hiflow making 270rwkw (360rwhp) and it is a nice and safe tune

the other thing to consider is that you will not be able to get any more than this sort of power to the ground in a rwd.

hope this helps!

cheers!

I'm running Wiseco forged pistons, apparently they're RB30ET pistons and my head has been decked to up the CR but with a neo head they would give a good CR or so I'm told.

Pretty sure you can't get Nismo bearings for RB30's and the main journals I believe are bigger than 25/26. I'm using NDC bearings, others use King or ACL with no problems.

Some people (especially the kiwis) seem to push their stockish bottom ends pretty damn far!

nice car

my 2 cents, sell your one for 600 pounds and then save some more coin on top and get either proengines or R.I.P.S to send you a complete bottom end.

How much are rips/proengines bottom ends?

(thanks for the advice all)

(also, anyone have contact details?)

Edited by Guishnu

chris, get a set of rods, and pistons from spool imports, there on here, rebore, shells, oil pump + gaskets, put it back togther and depending what turbo/s you pick. it will run that power easily.. search for me, rockabilly, read my threads i built my own..brad @ spool will sort you the parts out..bernie.

p.s not worth not putting rods/pistons for the price of them.

Edited by rockabilly