SAU Community

Why do people pick on Nengun?

akira

Why are some people here acting like such judgemental Pricks?

Can someone please tell me what he has done to deserve such treatment?

As far as i know he has dealt honestly and I have not heard of any bad experiences in dealing with him.

You see folks...There are other people in Japan with access to performance parts.......do you really think they would deal with people who rubbish them without knowing them or done business with them.

If you would rather deal with people in Australia and over pay for your parts...then thats fine.

So if you would like to get anything out in the open about anyone or anything.....feel free to do it here....get it over and done with so we can move onto better things.

Guest Boxhead

yes i agree, if people want top buy parts here in australia, thats your choice, but after saying that, for the people who purchase from japan, its there choice too, so everyone can do it the way they want, dont pick on them for the choices they make.. its up to them, not anyone else.

Guest Calv R33 GTS25t

I cant agree more

Here in the UK the shops are making a massive markup, upto around 50%.

Why people should want to pay more is beyond me. Dealing with people in Japan saves us all money and will probably push the prices down to a fair price.

So my advice is shut up and allow people to have fun with their Skyline's at an affordable price. I cant afford the UK prices anyway.

Calv

I have absolutely no grips with nengun seems like a good operation he has set up over there and his prices are damn near impossible to bet, i do believe however, this is just my thoughts, that it is better to by here due to things like: its lost somewhere between here and here, or nah mate ive sent it must be held up at your end, after buying alot out of the states from very reputable names the importing of parts just gives me the sh_ts, im not saying this sort of thing happens with nengun but if it was me id rather pay another $100-200 from someone in Aus that can be tracked or can do something if its wrong quickly, plus your putting money back into australia. Just my thoughts:uh-huh:

I agree with people being able to buy there parts from wherever they like, (Japan, SE Asia, Tibet for all I care), but what i have a f***ing huge problem with is people that try to rip off the legitimate importers by understating value of parts, accessories etc in order to pay less GST. Sure the parts are cheaper if you instantly drop 10 points off of the price by not paying GST when it comes in. In THIS situation it is an unfair comparison with aussie retailers

Buy from whomever you like but don't expect everyone to like it INCLUDING Australian customs and the ATO.

Cheers.

Guest Calv R33 GTS25t

It would seem some fools have a problem with saving money!

If you lived in the UK you would understand, the money we have to pay to upgrade our Skylines in the UK is outragous. Apexi dealers here charge nearly double for the same kit and think they are doing you a favour.

I run a business here in the UK and one thing you have to put up with is competition, if I cant compete I either reduce the price or its tough.

Originally posted by 2rismo

I agree with people being able to buy there parts from wherever they like, (Japan, SE Asia, Tibet for all I care), but what i have a f***ing huge problem with is people that try to rip off the legitimate importers by understating value of parts, accessories etc in order to pay less GST.  Sure the parts are cheaper if you instantly drop 10 points off of the price by not paying GST when it comes in.  In THIS situation it is an unfair comparison with aussie retailers

Buy from whomever you like but don't expect everyone to like it INCLUDING Australian customs and the ATO.

Cheers.

If I send a new PFC or a S AFC etc. I have never understated the prices. I just send them. To tell the truth I don`t know what parts sell for in Australia or for anywhere else for that matter.

akira...if you see any offensive posts that are personally directed at nengun, feel free to click the 'report this post to a moderator'....

it is not an issue to discuss *in general* about whether to buy parts from either here or Japan...but DOES become an issue when it turns personal or abusive towards an individual or company.

Ive bought a jap import because I belive they are better quility than the Australian equlivelant (spelling?), for the money. The Aussie Holden & Ford are crap: I wanted the better performance, ect. that an import offered so why shouldnt I by parts from where my car came from? you normally woudnt go to honda to buy a door handle for your ford would you? though other companies make ford door handles the better quility ones are usually made here, why because the aussies know aussie cars same go's for the jap parts for jap cars.

They know the cars and know what works and what dosn't thats why Id buy from someone like nengun as there generally the right parts for the car I'm buying the part for. Turth be known most of the Aussie re sellers would by from Someone like nengun and put a markup on the parts anyway. I have allready found this to be the case. (Im in the computer industry) So will you people get real and stop wasting time with the aussie B/S. There are pleanty of job's for those who get off there ass and try. Its a big world with a big market place.

(Hope all that made sence)

:eek:

Very true.

Everything we buy has a mark up. If you buy from someone like Nengun you cut out a fair few middle men, hence you get a cheaper price. If you buy from someone in Aus, chances are that they can't compete with that price, because of middlemen etc.

I think that people should just shut the fu(k up about it. It's not Aussie dollars, because everything we are buying would come from Japan in the first place. That only way to save "Aussie jobs" would be to use a local who actually manafactured whatever part you needed on the spot. Now give me one manafacture that can make a Apexi PFC. They can't so if you want Jap stuff, you buy it from Japan. The only way to save your "job" would be to use a Microtech instead. Nothing wrong with that either.

Honestly people get over it. As long as no one is selling stolen goods, who cares where they are or what they charge. In the end it is your choice where you buy your products. From everything I have heard, Nengun seems pretty cheap and reliable, but I have heard good things about other retailers as well.

Make up your mind, but keep it too yourself unless you have been ripped off.

So true: IF Nengun ever deals in a way thats inappropriate THEN bad mouth him, however as long as his prices stay fantastic and he delivers as promised nobody is in ANY position to pass criticism.

my 2 c

I have and will buy from Nengun again.

The reason is because a majority of car part shops are arrogant, rude and overpriced and I will avoid giving them my hard earned cash.

Why would I buy from there, when I can get a cheaper product without some arrogant prick telling me bull****, and waiting just that little bit longer.

Doc

I think I started part of this thread,,,somewhere else,,,We have since deleted our posts... All I'm going to say on this matter is,,,,It all started when someone asked someone else how much GST they paid,,,the answer NONE.....My reactions are:-

1/ Customs have let it go,,,,Your luck will run out...

2/ The Customs Documents have been undervalued,,,again your luck will run out.

3/ Was it listed as a Gift,Sample or Other.

4/Was it Insured.

Wonder how YOU would feel if you were an Aussie Company that had imported stuff through the right channels,,,to now get stuck with big dollar items....Sucked in Hey.....Sucked in until you need them.

I have nothing against anybody doing what even they can to get something cheaper,,,but bear in mind as the Skyline Australia Club,,,we will never attract Aussie companys while they cannot compete on a level playing field.

Again,,,,Just my thoughts.

Neil.

Originally posted by ndr

I think I started part of this thread,,,somewhere else,,,We have since deleted our posts... All I'm going to say on this matter is,,,,It all started when someone asked someone else  how much GST they paid,,,the answer NONE.....My reactions are:-

1/ Customs have let it go,,,,Your luck will run out...

2/ The Customs Documents have been undervalued,,,again your luck will run out.

3/ Was it listed as a Gift,Sample or Other.

4/Was it Insured.

5/ No Greed

Wonder how YOU would feel if you were an Aussie Company that had imported stuff through the right channels,,,to now get stuck with big dollar items....Sucked in Hey.....Sucked in until you need them.

I have nothing against anybody doing what even they can to get something cheaper,,,but bear in mind as the Skyline Australia Club,,,we will never attract Aussie companys while they cannot compete on a level playing field.

Again,,,,Just my thoughts.

Neil.

You forgot the most important. Number 5. Which should be number 1. No Greed. When you take this away no one can compete. It`s the true playing field. If you are stuck with a whole heap of parts, anyway you slice it, it all comes down to greed.

Originally posted by ndr

but bear in mind as the Skyline Australia Club,,,we will never attract Aussie companys while they cannot compete on a level playing field.

The problem is NDR that most Aussie Companys are plain Greedy.

They are the ones that put on such a large markup, and they couldnt give a rats ass about ya once they have your $$$.

I for one am dam sik n tired of the poor aussie getten hard dun by B/S.

These companys need a bloody good kick in the pants when they really learn to look after thier country by giving their customers good service and good value they might find that they would get good turn over and wouldnt have the need for the mark up, which most of the time is close to tripple of what they paid.

I don't know what all you guys think - But the key is quality and value.

Quality = the right product for the scope of the job at the right pricetag/pricepoint.

Value = the intangable (spell) benefits you get from buying from that shop/person.

Quality plus Value = win win situation. And no-one can argue with that.

PS another key is - "once it is bought, don't look back"

I know I am being deep here - SO DEAL WITH IT !

not defending the aus companies that do put a large mark up but think of it this way how often would yor local performance shop sell an apexi PFC for a skyline, not often so they do have to make more on it than a person like nengun that would sell alot more. To be honest i would probs give nengun a go if i decide to by something that he stocks mainly cause around here he has a good reputation and yes it is cheaper plus i agree with the fact that alot of aus shops are very arrogant especially in Sydney. Oh and damqik i agree that if you by a jap car that you have kind of devioded putting money back into aus so you may as well by the right parts from japan for the car.