SAU Community

At Wat Power Level Do U Start Running Into Problems With The Standard Rb26 Fuel Rail

STR8E180

i had my car on the dyno for a tune yesterday and when we got to 400kw it started running into problems with fuel

we had a fuel pressure + flow gauge connect to the car while we were tuning the flow doesnt drop at all but the fuel pressure goes from 40psi to 60psi and then just drops back down to 40 instead of going higher it just drops back to 40 and the car leans out so we neva got to finish the tuning

fuel system is pretty basic

bosch 023 (rated at 700hp) mounted intake

SARD 800cc injectors

HKS fuel reg

well pressure dropping is usually an indictor of pump running out of puff, or faulty fuel regulator, not restrictive fuel rail. are you sure the fuel flow wasn't affected at all by pressure change? where were you measuring the flow, and how?

dirty fuel filter?

its got a brand new fuel filter already on it

well pressure dropping is usually an indictor of pump running out of puff, or faulty fuel regulator, not restrictive fuel rail. are you sure the fuel flow wasn't affected at all by pressure change? where were you measuring the flow, and how?

it cant be a fuel reg because at 1st we thought it was a faulty fuel reg and replaced my SARD fuel reg with a HKS one and it changed nothing

the fuel gauge we have is the blue one

the gauge is used to measure fuel pressure the it has a ball which moves up and down to show u how much fuel flow u have

isnt the 023 rated less then a 044?

could be upgrade time

the 044 is rated at 600hp

the 023 is rated at 700hp

if you are running stock wiring to your fuel pump then that will be part of your issue kemp

we have already wired the fuel pump so it gets full voltage

are you sure the 023 is rated higher than a 044? From what info i could find the 023 is rated at 163L/H @ 5bar vs. the 044 rated at 200L/H @ 5bar.

The HP ratings on pumps vary by 300hp depending on where you buy them, the L/H don't.

Who has actually found the limits of the stock fuel rail?

I know its not the answer to your question but i had just on 400 KW at the treads on a stock rail and Nismo regulator.

I know its not the answer to your question but i had just on 400 KW at the treads on a stock rail and Nismo regulator.

Cool thanks

Would be good to know at what point it gives up for future reference and anyone doing a search will no doubt read this thread and hope to find the answer

Why?

I run a surge/external in mine and i drive it daily. I cant say its that much louder at all if the pump is mounted decently

i realli dont want to go threw all the trouble of fitting a surge tank and all the lines im after some thing i can just bolt in and fit the problem

i wanna get out of this the most cheapest way i can as well