SAU Community

Amount Of Undercover Cops Now

_bobo_

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Operation RAID is meant to target Alcohol/Drug affected drivers but all traffic statistics are been examined from every station across the board to see who is working hard in relation to traffic. That's why our bosses are encouraging us so much to issue fines and perform PBT's at every opportunity, to make them look good.

There is no target cars as such and it's nothing to do with Hoon driving, just traffic across the board.

i've noticed it too actually, heaps more under covers around these days.. i was actually riding my bike a couple weeks ago when we had that great weather streak, and an undercover pulled me over, 2 coppers dressed casual as!!! and they were from the TMU too! real prick too, no way you could tell if you saw them walking down the street!

in regards to P' plated cars and the undercover cops cars g'ing up to drag other road users,

isnt that ENTRAPMENT and falsely displaying p plates which is an offence ?

We don't have 'entrapment' laws here in Aus... so no.

If you're not doing anything illegale and you're car is roadworthy then it does it REALLY matter if there are more cops around?

Some of the posts made on this forum regarding cops are childish and make me wonder about the attitudes towards obeying traffic laws some SAU members display.

I've got as much reason to hate cops as anyone else (I've lost my license preciously) but I respect the road laws now and realise that they're there to protect people and raise revenue (I had to throw that in).

At least its nice that we get told that everybody is targeted. but I guess cops being cops, they will pull you over and hassle because you drive a skyline or a supra or lancer evo or a rx7 or a muzzified lancer GX etc. which automaticlly they think you are a hoon.

Unmarked cars everywhere and they setup "the ring of steel" where most ways out of the city will have booze buses setup and cops roaming the known backstreets to catch drivers out.

To add to the topic, on my way to work this morning at 8am, there was a camera car on the side of the road, a falcon wagon with green P's showing and quite dark windows. They are definitely out to get some revenue!!!

some undercovers are so dumb once i got pulled ova the cop was like wats this wats that like iam gonna lag my self in say yup thats boost controler airpod front mount bigger turbo how dumb can u get...

It's not just the undercover cops you have to look out for. A lot of residents will call up police and report hooning. Just have a read of this article...

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=676263

Then again, to stay out of trouble, don't do stupid things. Simple as that.

It's not just the undercover cops you have to look out for. A lot of residents will call up police and report hooning. Just have a read of this article...

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=676263

Then again, to stay out of trouble, don't do stupid things. Simple as that.

Ha! I drove past there last night and I had suspicions that it was something related to hooning. The guys were standing around arguing with the cops. The cars were parked on the median strip. They looked like a bunch of bogans and their cars were falcadores. Idiots.

Ha! I drove past there last night and I had suspicions that it was something related to hooning. The guys were standing around arguing with the cops. The cars were parked on the median strip. They looked like a bunch of bogans and their cars were falcadores. Idiots.

A friend of mine saw them going for it...apparently they kept coming back for more and got caught...I just look at it as you're an idiot for doing in a residental arena and you keep coming back for more...you deserve to get caught

There is going to be a MASSIVE crack down due to operation RAID. We had a station meeting and our S/SGT has told us basically to fine everyone and do as many PBT's as possible as every stations stats are going to be examined by extremely highly ranked members.

So in next few weeks don't expect any warnings to be given.

Massive thumbs up to you mate.

I heard a Cop on the radio talking about operation RAID the other day, supposedly stands for Remove All Impaired Drivers... But judging by the size of some of the RBT stations I've seen setup recently I'd be very careful if your vehicle's a defect magnet as well.

I have just moved over here from Ireland and im collecting my R33 this Thursday and im starting to wonder if I should bother cause it looks like Im only going to have it a few weeks in this police run state, Its not that I drive like a tool or anything I have grown out of that but back in Dublin its alot easier with 2 fixed cameras for the whole of dublin 2 gatso vans with high viz stickers all over them and as long as you keep it below 160km you will save your licence

also the undercover cops are always in A. Ford Mondeo or B. Corolla with no hub caps on the car and 2 stupid lookin county fu*kers with there oversize jackets on, they stand out like warts on a penis.

so what im trying to say is there anywhere you can go late at night and drive your car properly